By Tuna_Delight

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-8-10_DRAFT_Mustang_pinball_rules_set.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinworthy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

Nice job! Answers several question I had.

I know there is more to the scoring for the top FORD roll over lanes but I haven't done a glass off test to verify. At some point after completing the rollovers (not positive how many times it takes) a "sweeping shot" is lit (the FORD lights "sweep" back and forth) and it scores incrementally each time you go back though the lights. I believe it increases in 500k steps up to 2,000,000 for the final pass ( I don't know for sure if it starts at 500k or 1mil )

Edit : this is based on a Pro model

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Almost 100% certain that Gears multiball only stacks with modes...not other multiballs.
"Start with the Drag Race mode and do a soft plunge or Super Skill Shot to get the ball to the flippers ASAP and start shooting the GEARS drop targets. The goal is to hit all of them before the ball saver expires and stack Drag Race multiball with Police Pursuit or Stunt Driver"

100% certain this is NOT POSSIBLE. "Drag Race" is a mode, and completely separate from all other car modes. I don't know for sure if it can possibly be stacked into Burnout by starting burnout first and then hitting the 6th drop target.

I agree that it isn't possible, probably was meant to be stack Burnout. I don't think you can qualify Burnout until the 6th drop has been hit but after that you can hit the captive 3 times and once the second GEARS ball drains you can select a new mode AND Burnout will start(I think I remember that working ). I'm going to check it tonight along with the FORD rollovers for the sweeping shot.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

100% certain this is NOT POSSIBLE. "Drag Race" is a mode, and completely separate from all other car modes. I don't know for sure if it can possibly be stacked into Burnout by starting burnout first and then hitting the 6th drop target.

Quoted from pinworthy:

I agree that it isn't possible, probably was meant to be stack Burnout. I don't think you can qualify Burnout until the 6th drop has been hit but after that you can hit the captive 3 times and once the second GEARS ball drains you can select a new mode AND Burnout will start(I think I remember that working ). I'm going to check it tonight along with the FORD rollovers for the sweeping shot.

I just confirmed that you can "qualify" Burnout MB (3 lights are lit) before or after MB during Drag Race but it will not light the scoop until you complete the MB portion of Drag Race. You can't collect without switching to the next race/mode so basically if it is lit you would stack it by default.

As far as the top FORD rollovers as per the PDF "Initial lighting of all four “Ford” inserts awards TECH upgrade and ___"
So I guess the "... and ___" part is the sweeping shot where the FORD rollovers lights flash sequentially and is a 4-shot progressive starting at 500k and finishing at 2 Million.

4 months later
#26 8 years ago

Tuna
I'm not sure if I missed this before or just wasn't looking at it. Regarding the letters, I'm not sure exactly what you were trying to say but on the pro you collect (or light solidly) the flashing MUSTANG letters with the scoop just like the prem/le. I'm not sure what causes the next letter to start flashing maybe it is related to the spinner (maybe that is what you meant?)

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Crap!
Thanks man. I got this info from a Pinside post as I'm flying blind when it comes to the Pro game (no playing experience or convenient access to one that I'm aware of). I may have misunderstood it though and your info now makes more sense to me. I'm understanding that spinner action causes the designated M-U-S-T-A-N-G letter to cycle and then shooting the scoop earns the letter. Is this correct?
I have this slated for correction in the next update. Any other Pro game info offhand that should be corrected or added?

No worries you have done a great job with this

As far as I can tell the spinner has little or no effect on the Mustang letters. I know that at the completion of a race the next letter in the sequence (always done in order) will start to flash and is collected at the scoop. As I was testing I did have situations where another letter began flashing prior to the race ending and maybe the result of a toolbox award, I need to pull the glass and double check.

I had a first tonight and don't see it in the rules set. I will need to confirm the exact activation sequence but after an indeterminate (3rd or 4th??) number of completions of the top row of FORD inserts rollover I got a "roving" light (like a second/variation of the sweeping shot) that scored 20 mil(that may have been due to2x multiply). EDIT-THERE IS MORE TO THIS THAN I FIRST THOUGHT. There are at least two more variable target shots after the "sweeping shot". I still need to focus on these specifically but as far as I can tell the top FORD inserts have 2 "roving" shots that light after completion of each level of upgrade scoring. After UPGRADE scoring is two inserts as "wide roving" shot and after UPGRADE MB is just a single insert "roving" shot.

I will keep looking over the pro stuff and let you know if I see anything.

Did you intend to word the Upgrade multi-ball description this way:

"Activated by earning all upgrades again (2nd time) after UPGRADE multiball has been played"

I don't think "multiball" should be there as part of how you activate UPGRADE multi-ball maybe you meant "scoring"

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not sure what the 20 Million scoring on the top rollover lanes was from. Guess I'll need to investigate that further.

Check my edit above, it looks like several variable shots are available for the FORD inserts based on completion of all the UPGRADES. ( I now believe it is a 10 mil shot and I just had 2x scoring going) I'd love to see what others can determine.
Every time I turn around I find deeper and deeper code elements

#39 8 years ago

Here is the latest I found on the top lane FORD inserts and sweeping/roving (not random ) shots.

These shots are adjustable in the menu for the number of shots required to complete them:
"Sweeping" shot is begun after the first time the top FORD inserts are completed. the lit inserts sweep back and forth. Default is four shots to complete. Scoring starts at 500k and rises 500k with each shot finishes at 2 mil
"Wide roving" shot is begun after completing UPGRADE scoring AND completing the top FORD inserts twice. It is "wide" because two inserts are lit for scoring and move back and forth. Default is two shots to complete, Scoring is 2.5 mil and 5 mil.
"Roving" shot is begun after completing UPGRADE Multi-ball AND completing the top FORD inserts twice. One insert is lit for scoring. Default is one shot to complete, Scoring is 10 mil.
2x playfield scoring applies if active.
If anybody finds any discrepancies let me know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinworthy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/draft-mustang-rules-set-check-em-out?tu=pinworthy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.