Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wdennie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dracula pin (resized).jpg
    20180627_231921 (resized).jpg
    20180630_202448 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    20180630_201909 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Hello I am working on my Stern Dracula pinball I am in the process of adding music to this pin and soon will be done, this pin gets alot of hate because of the backglass but I feel the playfield and cabinet are beautiful I am adding castlevania music and but wanted to do something about the backglass.. this is where I'm at but i dont know... i kind of dont like it and i kind of do so i want to get some opnions..

20180630_201909 (resized).jpg20180630_201909 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Compared to this? Yeah, total win.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #3 5 years ago

Thank you, here are 2 closer pics of both of mine

20180627_231921 (resized).jpg20180627_231921 (resized).jpg20180630_202448 (resized).jpg20180630_202448 (resized).jpg
    #4 5 years ago

What you got missing there though is the hot chick. Not that the Stern really pulled that off either.

#5 5 years ago

Lol yes I agree I may do something different but I had this printed by staples and the print looks so dark and dull compared to what was on my pc like the colors did not transfer well

#6 5 years ago

I like the original backglass. The custom one is cool... But, for the nintendo Castlevania game. I don't think it fits the pinball table. Unless you got simon belmont on the playfield.
    I mean... It would be great to have all pinball backglasses resemble A frazetta painting... But, there is only one Paragon. And yeah... I think the artist was totally aiming to rip off frazetta, as that game came out around the height of Franks popularity.
    Back to the original topic. I think the original is good. The main thing is the colors... The color pallete is a bit weird, but maybe due to the printing that they had to use at the time. Otherwise the framing of it, and the body language, and weight, all are done fine. Nice sense of drama as well. Just weird color choices. If done in a modern style it would work. But, again I like the cheese and old school VAULT OF HORROR EC comics vibe... And yes... I know I put comics at the end of EC. And so that means I said comics comics... But, I wanted to make sure you knew what I meant.
    But, I am a weirdo who likes cheesy things. I love the backglasses for Raven, Hardbody and other pins of their ilk.

#7 5 years ago

Nice Vampire Killer backglass! That is great

#8 5 years ago

I like it. Way better than original. Castlevania player as a kid, would be nice as a total re-theme. Bet I got your wheels turning now
    -Mike

#9 5 years ago

think i am going to stay with the original added a big led to the back of the dracula name looks good.. thank you all for your input =)

dracula pin (resized).jpgdracula pin (resized).jpg
    #10 5 years ago

How are you adding castlevania music to the game? That is really awesome

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from code2quest:

think i am going to stay with the original added a big led to the back of the dracula name looks good.. thank you all for your input =)

I'm not a big fan of toppers. But, that is so amazingly cheesy. I love it. Looks great!!!

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:How are you adding castlevania music to the game? That is really awesome

i will show the finish job once done just need a bit more work but wow it brings these old games to life..

Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm not a big fan of toppers. But, that is so amazingly cheesy. I love it. Looks great!!!

thank you, i like it also =)

#13 5 years ago

It would be great if it didn't have a big guy with a wHip on it.
    The art other than that has a cool look to it but I'm not usually in favor of changing the theme basically to suit someones other interests.

But hey, whatever it's your game, have fun with it. Just keep the old Backglass fro someone that want it or if you sell it down the road.

1 week later
    #14 5 years ago

Finally added music here is the post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/added-music-to-my-dracula-pin#post-4485997 let me know what you think thanks =)

#15 5 years ago

Finally added music here is the post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/added-music-to-my-dracula-pin#post-4485997 let me know what you think thanks =)

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How are you adding castlevania music to the game? That is really awesome

4 weeks later
    #16 5 years ago
    Quoted from code2quest:

awesome! But how do you trigger the sounds from the game? I miss the Vampire Killer backglass!

2 months later
    #17 5 years ago

Looks like you sold the game. Would have been nice to see a custom backglass available for this game.

#18 5 years ago

Yea, looks a lot better than the Original, but He-Man has to go.
    Make and sell some translites!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dracula-stern-pinball-custom-backglass?hl=wdennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.