Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jbp8653
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hello All! Been out of the game for a while. Played Bram Strokers Dracula today for the first time in a long while. Upon powering up it said it had restored to factory settings. I went through the menu's and put my settings in. Played a couple of games and turned off. Powered back up a while later to play more and it went back to factory setting again. Re did everything again. Long story short I went through this process 3 times and every time i turn off and back on it goes back to factory setting again. It seems to me I should know what's causing this but I forgot ( had a stroke 10 months ago, o.k. now!!! ) Could it be dead batteries? Thanks for your help!!!!

#2 4 years ago

Dead or corroded batteries is likely.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Dead or corroded batteries is likely.

Yup, replaced batteries and the battery holder was a little corroded so replaced that as well. That part is fine. Now the mist ball is not working. There is supposed to be a ball at either end of play field where mist ball moves. No ball. I am sure a search on the forum will find that problem and a fix for it!!!!!!When you don't play these machines for a while stuff happens..........

#4 4 years ago

Let's see a picture of that MPU. If there is some more battery damage to the parts below the battery holder, that likely is where the issue lies.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks for the info. My battery is remote. Moved it to the side and out of harms way.

#6 4 years ago

Doesn't mean damage has not been done before it was moved. Please post a picture for more eyes to look it over. Outgassing fumes from batteries can do damage one does not expect.

#7 4 years ago

Make sure you have 4 balls in the game. One loads up in the mist area once the game is turned on.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Make sure you have 4 balls in the game. One loads up in the mist area once the game is turned on.

Did that. there was 4 there. Also checked for fume damage. Doesn't appear to be any. I have had issues with mist ball before. The gate on the right side of playfield that holds the ball keeps cycling. You can also hear the magnet that goes across the playfield that drags the ball going back and forth several times.

#9 4 years ago

Remove the balls and go into switch edge test. Put your hand up on edge about where the ball tracks across the playfield to see if the long range optos are working. You can also put the balls in the game and run the mist test. Chances are the long range optos or the board associated with those optos need to be sorted out.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Remove the balls and go into switch edge test. Put your hand up on edge about where the ball tracks across the playfield to see if the long range optos are working. You can also put the balls in the game and run the mist test. Chances are the long range optos or the board associated with those optos need to be sorted out.

Thank you!!!!!! will do

#11 4 years ago

Fixed it. Called Jim Nyers, he lives close by and he told me what to check for. I had replaced all the bulbs with led's some years back. I had put a bright 4 led bulb left side edge of playfield directly in line with mist ball route. The bulb is very very bright. He happened to mention that bright bulbs could cause the optos' not to perform correctly. It had worked fine for a long time but I guess it finally decided to not. Replaced the bulb with a incandescent one and all is fine. That guy is really good!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dracula-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.