• 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hhal2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Speaking as a life long Nightmare on Elm Street Fan, and a huge fan of the BSD movie, BSD is just a better game all around. One of the games that will last the longest in my collection I bet.
Not to say that Freddy isn't kinda fun to play, but the execution failed to live up to the theme on that pin... especially the sound. Like lots of Gottlieb games to me actually.
If you were going for a "completist" horror theme pinball collection, I'd say Freddy would be a must. But otherwise, you'll have to love the theme enough to look past the issues for it to have staying power. Even if you don't like BSD the movie, the gameplay is so pure and brutal that it keeps you wanting more.

Was going to say something similar. Freddy and BSD were my first two pins. I've gone as Freddy for Halloween the last 7 or so years + Walker Stalker, Spooky Empires, etc., but Freddy is gone and BSD is never leaving.

In an arcade, I think Freddy is a great game. It's exciting to get through all the nightmares the first time, and that's plenty achievable with a reasonable amount of tries...however, once that's been done enough times, the linear nature of the modes makes the game feel more like a grind through the same old thing each time (all the cool toys couldn't save it). This happened fairly quickly at home, and I held onto it for the love of the theme, but it was first to go when space became an issue.

While BSD may not have a ton of things to do, what it does have never gets boring to me. It's liberating to be able to approach a machine with code that allows you to build toward whatever you like at any given moment (ultimately triple stack if possible) and keep progress from ball to ball. You can always work toward Mist, Castle locks, coffin locks, bats, rats, video mode, etc., and the timed castle locks and moving mist ball add a sense of urgency to keep the adrenaline going while the varied volume audio subconsciously creeps in to...wait...nevermind...you drained...blundering novice...better press start again

Hhal2 (resized).jpgHhal2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dracula-or-freddy?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.