• Latest reply 4 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hhal2 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Buying a game interested in Dracula and Freddy.. Who sings which is better and why? Thanks ..Also some guy at some company in LA told me that Star Wars episode one is relatively easy and I would probably get bored with it and if the screen breaks I will be SOL is this all true or was he just trying to get me to buy one of his machines...
Thnx! New here.. apparently my midlife crisis at 40 is getting back into pinball getting addicted and playing it every day ! Is there multiple pinball clubs in San Diego or just the one that is affiliated with brewskis?

#2 4 years ago

I'd go with stern Dracula

#3 4 years ago

Add a poll to your post

Most here will say Dracula, including me. But Freddy is also not bad..

Just depends on what you look for and what you already have / like in pinball.. and how well you play.
Dracula is a lot about strategy, knowing the rules, making the right shots at the right time.
But it can be brutal, some games you score 500 million and the next only 15..
Freddy is a more average game.

SWep1 is indeed quite easy / not too many modes so if you're a good player you may grow tired of it fast.
Broken screens can be replaced with lcd's.

#5 4 years ago

Freddy has more toys then Dracula but BSD has mist multi ball which is pretty cool. Freddy has the better artwork IMO and some of his call outs are funny. I say try both and see which you like better. Most on here will say Dracula though

#6 4 years ago

You're kidding right?

#7 4 years ago

BSD. It's pinball on a whole other level compared to games like Freddy.

#8 4 years ago

Freddy is actually one of the better Gottlieb games, but nowhere near BSD.

#9 4 years ago

Speaking as a life long Nightmare on Elm Street Fan, and a huge fan of the BSD movie, BSD is just a better game all around. One of the games that will last the longest in my collection I bet.

Not to say that Freddy isn't kinda fun to play, but the execution failed to live up to the theme on that pin... especially the sound. Like lots of Gottlieb games to me actually.

If you were going for a "completist" horror theme pinball collection, I'd say Freddy would be a must. But otherwise, you'll have to love the theme enough to look past the issues for it to have staying power. Even if you don't like BSD the movie, the gameplay is so pure and brutal that it keeps you wanting more.

#10 4 years ago

Freddy is a fun game but BSD is the much better game.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

You're kidding right?

He's new, and that's why he's asking.

#12 4 years ago

BSD and it’s williams bones > Freddy by a long shot

Oh... Star Wares E1... not a great game. You can replace the screen, but the computer could be an issue.

Plenty of other games in that price range

#14 4 years ago

Make room for both!

#15 4 years ago

If we are talking Freddy vs Bram Stoker's Dracula there is no competition. Freddy is complete garbage compared to Bram Stoker's Dracula. That being said Bram Stoker's Dracula is a difficult and merciless pinball machine.....you will have your 500,000,000+ game and think hey this is easy then you'll have a game where you put up 5,000,000. It's a great pinball machine.

#16 4 years ago

SW:EP1 > BSD > Freddy

You can make SW:EP1 very hard if you want to, and it's a fun pin with a lot of modes.
-- many Star Wars fans didn't feel it lived up to the Star Wars legacy (typical though), and a lot of Jar Jar Binks hate

You can make BSD even harder, but you wouldn't want to make BSD any harder than it is by default - LOL
-- BSD is HARD and fun, but very limited modes/rules wise
---- 0 typical modes
---- Rats/Bats mode - (same mode really) collect switches hurry-up
---- Mist Multiball - the fun one
---- Coffin Multiball - not fun - too hard for most people if played alone
---- Castle Multiball - not fun - too hard for most people if played alone
---- pretty good Video Mode

So that's it: a Switch Frenzy Hurry-Up, 3 MBs and a Video Mode
-- The saving grace is stacking the 3 Multiballs for 3X Jackpots - which is awesome, and makes Coffin and Castle MB's fun

I don't have as much experience with Freddy

#17 4 years ago

BSD is great but hard, least played game in my collection by guests.
Star wars may be the better choice for your first machine tho. More family friendly and better for guests.
You really gotta love Nightmare on elm st to own a Freddy.

#18 4 years ago

Opinions are subjective, however, most everyone (including myself) will say that Dracula is the better game. But it's also getting expensive.

Freddy is not a bad game though. It catches a lot of flack for being a Gottlieb/Premier game, but I genuinely enjoy playing it when I can. There seems to be a lot more to do in it than in BSD, but the whole experience is less refined than Dracula. You can usually find a Freddy at a much better price as well.

If you have the opportunity, give them both a play and determine what you like best.

#19 4 years ago

Dracula wins easily.

#20 4 years ago

Freddy is a bad game. Not fun, gets boring quickly. Dracula will hold your interest a LOT longer. Get the colorDMD for it, the dots are really nice in color.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Speaking as a life long Nightmare on Elm Street Fan, and a huge fan of the BSD movie, BSD is just a better game all around. One of the games that will last the longest in my collection I bet.
Not to say that Freddy isn't kinda fun to play, but the execution failed to live up to the theme on that pin... especially the sound. Like lots of Gottlieb games to me actually.
If you were going for a "completist" horror theme pinball collection, I'd say Freddy would be a must. But otherwise, you'll have to love the theme enough to look past the issues for it to have staying power. Even if you don't like BSD the movie, the gameplay is so pure and brutal that it keeps you wanting more.

Was going to say something similar. Freddy and BSD were my first two pins. I've gone as Freddy for Halloween the last 7 or so years + Walker Stalker, Spooky Empires, etc., but Freddy is gone and BSD is never leaving.

In an arcade, I think Freddy is a great game. It's exciting to get through all the nightmares the first time, and that's plenty achievable with a reasonable amount of tries...however, once that's been done enough times, the linear nature of the modes makes the game feel more like a grind through the same old thing each time (all the cool toys couldn't save it). This happened fairly quickly at home, and I held onto it for the love of the theme, but it was first to go when space became an issue.

While BSD may not have a ton of things to do, what it does have never gets boring to me. It's liberating to be able to approach a machine with code that allows you to build toward whatever you like at any given moment (ultimately triple stack if possible) and keep progress from ball to ball. You can always work toward Mist, Castle locks, coffin locks, bats, rats, video mode, etc., and the timed castle locks and moving mist ball add a sense of urgency to keep the adrenaline going while the varied volume audio subconsciously creeps in to...wait...nevermind...you drained...blundering novice...better press start again

Hhal2 (resized).jpgHhal2 (resized).jpg
#22 4 years ago

If you are getting back into pinball, try to check out and actually play as many games as you can. I have never played SWEP1 or Freddy but they don't have a good reputation with most collectors. Still, if you like a game and enjoy playing it then it's a good game to you. BSD and most of the B/W dmd games are pretty solid, many available parts, and lots of info on fixes if things go wrong. My only input is BSD may not be the best game to start out with. Gameplay is pretty much trying to get all multiballs going at once and that's it. Tough game. You will have a blast when you rock the game but most of the time you will get your butt kicked. Better if it's mixed with a few other games. I started out with Getaway and still think that is a great starter game. T2 also a good starter.

#23 4 years ago

freddy is a big fat stinking turd! bsd is waaay overated and waaaay overpriced right now.....but a lot better game of the 2

#24 4 years ago

BSD too... hard game, heating balls... but so satisfying when you are in a good game

#25 4 years ago

I think you mean all night. BLEH!

I vote dracula, then stern dracula, then freddy

#26 4 years ago

Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of the best games ever.

Freddy is one of the worst games ever.

This is an easy choice.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

Also some guy at some company in LA told me that Star Wars episode one is relatively easy and I would probably get bored with it and if the screen breaks I will be SOL is this all true or was he just trying to get me to buy one of his machines...

He's probably trying to steer you in the right direction. SWEP1 is not well liked, and very difficult to sell. I agree you would get bored with it.

As others have stated, it's a pretty easy choice here. Go with Bram Stoker's Dracula!

#29 4 years ago

The generic answer - as others have indicated - will be BSD - and it is a great pin...but for the money (I'm into bang for the buck) - I think Freddy is the better pin....I find it underrated in the community...I got one last summer - and frankly it's Gottlieb's best...the humor is great - it's eerie - some cool toys...I'd take Freddy over BSD....but then again, I find TFTC better than AFM.........and that's probably heresy around here.....

#30 4 years ago

Overwhelming cool response as someone mentioned I am new year rediscovering pinball this is why I asked..Pretty cool other forums for different topics or hobbies don’t get this many responses cool to see everyone actually chimes in and there was only one asshole post LOL.Funny as this is kind of what I suspected it seemed like Dracula’s game was more stripped down and Freddy had more bells and whistle’s but in the end everyone has explained it pretty well..I think maybe someone mentioned getting T2..I used to love that game at pinball plus back in the day and there’s one for sale locally for a good price I think I might just snatch that one up thanks again to everybody look forward to meeting some of you in San Diego here this summer..

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

Overwhelming cool response as someone mentioned I am new year rediscovering pinball this is why I asked..Pretty cool other forums for different topics or hobbies don’t get this many responses cool to see everyone actually chimes in and there was only one asshole post LOL.Funny as this is kind of what I suspected it seemed like Dracula’s game was more stripped down and Freddy had more bells and whistle’s but in the end everyone has explained it pretty well..I think maybe someone mentioned getting T2..I used to love that game at pinball plus back in the day and there’s one for sale locally for a good price I think I might just snatch that one up thanks again to everybody look forward to meeting some of you in San Diego here this summer..

Definitely get T2 out of all choices. It's pretty fun to shoot.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Definitely get T2 out of all choices. It's pretty fun to shoot.

T2 was my first pin. Can confirm it's the bomb diggity.

#33 4 years ago

Go with the T2. I should have kept mine.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

The generic answer - as others have indicated - will be BSD - and it is a great pin...but for the money (I'm into bang for the buck) - I think Freddy is the better pin....I find it underrated in the community...I got one last summer - and frankly it's Gottlieb's best...the humor is great - it's eerie - some cool toys...I'd take Freddy over BSD....but then again, I find TFTC better than AFM.........and that's probably heresy around here.....

Agreed. Especially on your (TFTC>AFM), point. Sometimes the masses are wrong.

#35 4 years ago

BSD...not even close for me....

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

T2 was my first pin. Can confirm it's the bomb diggity.

T2 was one of my favorite pins from "back in the day" when I was a kid in the arcade....yet one of the few B/W games I've never bought and owned. Even though it's pretty common, I just never came across the right one at the right price.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

T2 is a fun pin and is definitely underrated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,400 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dracula-or-freddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.