• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dm2.jpg
dmouse.jpg
#1 14 years ago

Hi guys...My Dracula has finally been switched on and generally im really pleased but after more time playing have noticed a couple of things. A rather annoying humming or buzzing from the speakers(im guessing) especially when in attract mode or when machine not being played and also some loud working motor sounds from underneath playfield(mist multi especially) which distracts from game somewhat when the ball is floating across playfield but you here overly noisy motors driving it?

I must admit to being a far better player of pinball than repairer or pinball but really enjoy the satisfaction of amending a problem

#2 14 years ago

Hummmmm....

If it was a crackle or something I'd suspect the sound board connections but more than likely it's the potentiometer on it that needs cleaning or just an old speaker. The other thing that can cause hum is dried out capacitors on the sound board but isn't Dracula a fairly new machine ? .. but then they don't make things like they used too. It's late and I still have another week of vacation so I'm well "lubricated" and watching football.

#3 14 years ago

Hummmmm....

If it was a crackle or something I'd suspect the sound board connections but more than likely it's the potentiometer on it that needs cleaning or just an old speaker. The other thing that can cause hum is dried out capacitors on the sound board but isn't Dracula a fairly new machine ? .. but then they don't make things like they used too. It's late and I still have another week of vacation so I'm well "lubricated" and watching football.

You need to use a pic as your avatar like these.

dmouse.jpgdmouse.jpg dm2.jpgdm2.jpg

#4 14 years ago

Haha..yeah ive been well "lubricated" the last couple of days also mate!
Thanks will get into some cleaning..wouldnt mind some new speakers though actually

Cheers for the avatar!

#5 14 years ago

Bad ground connections can/will cause hum/buzz sound. Make sure you check your ground wires and speaker connections.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dracula-has-humming-and-loud-machine-sounds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.