You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2423 (resized).jpg
Dracula help (resized).png
IMG_2195 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

This is my first pin and I'm completely new to maintenance. Me and a buddy cleaned the playfield, replaced some bulbs and rubbers, and soldered one of the wires on the center 3 bank. I am now getting the "Check Fuses F114 & F115" error message. The very last thing we did before this error happened was replace the two GI bulbs on the left bumper...I gave that area and the solder area a good look over and they seem totally normal.

The fuses seem fine to me, so I'm not sure if a short is the issue or what. One time when I turned it on it gave a quick message of "GR1 short" or something like that, but I couldn't replicate that. I'm hoping someone else had the same issue on the pin and knows how to fix it. I unfortunately don't have a voltmeter on hand at the moment.

IMG_2195 (resized).jpgIMG_2195 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Seem fine isn't good enough - pull and check with a meter.

If fuse is good, then this : http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Check_fuses_F114_and_F115_message

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

So, I am a visual learner with someone explaining things to me, and your problem is covered by the Pinball Ninja website, with a couple excellent videos that can walk you through the Pinwiki steps in LTG's post above.

If you follow the PinWiki instructions, awesome - but if not - I would HIGHLY recommend paying $20 and having lifetime access to one of the absolute best repositories of information in the world. This exact problem is covered at least 8 times on each website over 6 or so games with TZ getting the honor of repeated diagnosis.

I am in no way associated with the website nor do I get kickbacks. I just know an INCREDIBLE source of information when I see it, and with his YT videos set to private with access only through the site, it is well worth the $20 admission.

http://www.pinballninja.com

#4 5 years ago

Purchase a cheap voltmeter would be helpful.

I do see the 12V digital voltage LED is not lit and F115 looks like it may be blown, but it also could be dirt I am seeing through the fuse that is on the fuse holder. Testing with a meter would be the best thing to do. You can replace it with a slo-blo 3/4 amp 250v fuse. If you replace the fuse and the LED is still not lit, then your C2 likely had failed and eaten up the pad/trace under it breaking the connection to the F115 fuse. In any case, you should replace C2 (100uf 35v or 50v electrolytic capacitor) anyway.

Dracula help (resized).pngDracula help (resized).png

#5 5 years ago

Thank you...I'll purchase one and keep working at this. Frustrating since I didn't buy it very long ago! I got a good deal on it though, so I can't complain.

1 week later
#6 5 years ago

Ok so I got a multimeter and tested the fuses. F114 is definitely ok, F115 is definitely blown. Per the wiki I unplugged J210 and tried it, the fuse didn't blow.

Upon closer inspection, I see some corrosion on a couple of those chips. Could that be the cause? Are those replaceable?

IMG_2423 (resized).jpgIMG_2423 (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffdill:

I see some corrosion on a couple of those chips.

And the battery holder, and under the battery holder, and leaching down.

Check with a pro if it can be repaired or cheaper to replace.

LTG : )

#8 5 years ago

Nice roofing nail in the battery holder....get those batteries outta there, and buy a remote holder. Use vinegar and a toothbrush to neutralize the corrosion. Rinse with a lot of water, then use 90% isopropyl to displace the water, fan dry.
And give a couple days to really dry!

#9 5 years ago

Board is done. Get a replacement MPU, Rottendog WPC89

http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/

#10 5 years ago

Now, ya gotta love the roofing nail in the battery holder.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Nice roofing nail in the battery holder....get those batteries outta there, and buy a remote holder. Use vinegar and a toothbrush to neutralize the corrosion. Rinse with a lot of water, then use 90% isopropyl to displace the water, fan dry.
And give a couple days to really dry!

Can corrosion like be the root cause of the short, or is it likely that I have another issue I haven't found yet? Just seeing if I should hold off on part ordering until I know everything I need.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Now, ya gotta love the roofing nail in the battery holder.

Ha! I can't take credit for that one, it was like that when I bought it. Worked totally fine until recently.

#13 5 years ago

Battery corrosion can cause all types of issues, including yours. Get that board repaired - remove the batteries at a minimum to remove the source, then research on this site on how to remove the corrosion. Lots of advice out there. A spare board is always needed.

1 month later
#14 5 years ago

Life got in the way so I hadn't been working on this, but I think I confirmed that the corrosion fried my MPU board. I replaced the board from my friend's Judge Dredd and the game worked fine (no display on the DMD, but I probably just forgot to connect a cable). Guess I just need to buy a new board.

#15 5 years ago

If you end up purchasing a new board and plan to dispose of the old board I would be interested in it (I'm local to you). Feel free to PM me if so.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffdill:

Guess I just need to buy a new board.

Or send your existing board out for repair. Barakandl, Chris Hibler, Coin-Op Cauldron are a few good people to send your board to for repair. I find the original boards are typically fine for years once gone over by a pro.

1 week later
#17 5 years ago

Good news and bad news. I swapped the board out with the new Rottendog board. Right now the flippers don't work, or the left sling, and when I first turn the game on it goes into ball search until I let the Mist ball drain into the trough. I went through and tested the other switches and I think they all work fine. Still feels like progress!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dracula-check-fuses-f114-amp-f115?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.