Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Cliffy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Wondering if anyone can help me. I picked up a doctor who and I want to go through the entire thing. I would like to know what types of bulbs go into the game and how many? I looked through the manual and the parts numbers are kind of obscure.

I know I need #47's but how many i'm not sure also what about other lamps? Does anyone know how many or what is a safe amount to replace all in game?

What about LED's anyone have some cool ideas for Dr who ? I don't want to do all LED's but maybe in some places. Actually another thing I would like to get is cliffy protectors. I emailed '[email protected]' yesterday and no response is there any online site I can order from?

Thanks again,

Brad

#2 10 years ago

Just count the sockets to find out how many bulbs. You will need 44/47s, 555s, and flashers (Which ones I do not remember, but I believe this is called out in the manual)

Give cliffy some time to respond. He is a busy guy and making protectors is not his full time job

#3 10 years ago

Ok I will count them all. Thanks.

Anyone out there use any LED's in there Dr Who machines?

#4 10 years ago

I have a complete unused set of Cliffys for a Doctor Who. If you're interested let me know I was going to post them for sale in the FS section but since you're looking...

I also have LEDs in my DW if you're looking for some pics or ideas.

#5 10 years ago

PM zippydapinhead on here. I just traded a dR. Who to him and I know he does LEDs and does a good job as well. Markmon is also another great source for asking about LEDs

When I LED my games my wife usually helps me pick out colors for the games so it's not a color explosion as she has way better design taste than me. I just get pen/paper and mark down if the bulb is to be a 44 or 555 socket and then if I want a certain color etc. I also buy a ton of them so I have extras on hand to play with

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm and http://www.passionforpinball.com/drwho.htm for his specific protectors. Still need to email him, but there they are on his site

#6 10 years ago

Honestly, if you're going to own pins, you're going to need bulbs. I keep a large supply of 47s and 555s on hand. I also keep 89s and 906s on hand. LEDs don't look right to me in games not designed for them. All of the cool lighting effects are timed wrong with LEDs. My Opinion.

#7 10 years ago

My opinion is to keep your flashers as incandescents. I kept my F-14 as incandescents, but LED'd my Demolition Man. I don't see much of a difference with the LED flashers so I would save the money.

#8 10 years ago

Ya maybe I will just order a large batch and be done with it

#9 10 years ago

Go to www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/noflix-doctor-who-p-1757.html?language=english

#10 10 years ago

Working from my phone and I have fat fingers. Anyway, they have a pretty good road map to get you started.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from bthompson:

I emailed '[email protected]' yesterday and no response

Sorry! I'm wading through 300+ emails every day and I will get to ya

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 110.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-which-bulbs-and-how-many-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.