10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Been looking for a Dr Who, found one in very nice condition, what's the fair market value
in todays market for a clean machine,
My daughter is a Dr Who addict and thought it would be nice to have one in my line up when
she comes back from college, I'll probably sell off my T2 to make room,
Thanks guys
Gerry

#2 10 years ago

I've seen them for the lower side of $2500 recently.

#3 10 years ago

Really depends on condition, but say 2000ish.

RM

#4 10 years ago

I would say mid 2s if in nice shape. Also, ask if/when the time expander was rebuilt or fixed. They are notoriously throuble.

Good luck. Exterminate the doctor!

#5 10 years ago

I love dr who, but a t-2 for it? tough call. At allentown, dr who went for something like 1300. t-2 is around 2400.

#6 10 years ago

she might also like a stargate, which is probably closer to t-2 value.

#7 10 years ago

Dr. Who is a more expensive game than T2. There are less of them out there...T2 is more fun though, in my opinion

Dr Who $2.0-$2.7 T2 $1.6-$2.1 In the West...not sure bout East coast prices.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

she might also like a Stargate, which is probably closer to t-2 value.

I actually have a Stargate, love it, I am a bit bored with T2 I figure it's worth 2k I would it swap
in a second for a Dr Who in similar condition

#9 10 years ago

T-2 east would be 2200-2400 I would think.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

T-2 east would be 2200-2400 I would think.

Nah. Maybe a totally restored one, but not an average one.
In the last few months I've picked one up for under $1k that needed some work, and seen at least 3 more under $2k in pretty good shape.

#11 10 years ago

one fully restored one on CL for 3 grand right now.

#12 10 years ago

oops, thats a dr who

#13 10 years ago

Gerry,

We just picked up a very nice Doctor Who this past week and no one here is really feeling the love for it. I'll talk to my son and see if he might be interested in some kind of a trade with you T-2 and a little cash for Doctor Who. From what I am seeing and depending on condition of your T-2 maybe like T-2 plus $200 to $400 for a very nice Doctor Who.

My son is the pinball guy - I am just his leg man - so any deal would have to be OK with him so don't hold me to anything.

We are in Carlisle, PA so at least we are fairly close!

#14 10 years ago

DW is a better game.. get it.

#15 10 years ago

DW is a really fun pin. If Gerry passes on your possible deal and you're coming to Expo shoot me a PM.

Hope you guys work a trade out. Good luck!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Gerry,
We just picked up a very nice Doctor Who this past week and no one here is really feeling the love for it. I'll talk to my son and see if he might be interested in some kind of a trade with you T-2 and a little cash for Doctor Who. From what I am seeing and depending on condition of your T-2 maybe like T-2 plus $200 to $400 for a very nice Doctor Who.
My son is the pinball guy - I am just his leg man - so any deal would have to be OK with him so don't hold me to anything.
We are in Carlisle, PA so at least we are fairly close!

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

#17 10 years ago

Moved to buying and selling advice sub forum.

I've owned my doctor who since September of 1992. Love the game. A lot of people say it is shallow but I think the strategies you can use with the docs are good. Sonic booms and multi ball rock.

I think it's a solid $2,500 game these days in good condition. Great collectable for Who fans.

#18 10 years ago

Better get the machine now cos in November they will go through the roof cos of the 50th anniversary

#19 10 years ago

I've seen em 1700-2300 the one for 2300 was super nice looking with full leds and cliffy's and actually sat around a while before being sold

#20 10 years ago

Got mine for 1400 in April. I'm restoring it and bought it as a base game but it was a decent player when I bought it.

#21 10 years ago

I turned down one for $1375 but not as nice as what you are looking for.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I've seen em 1700-2300

That's the same price range that the last 6 or 7 I've seen for sale went for. Most at 2K.

#23 10 years ago

Since I put the post up last night offering to make the trade for T-2 if my son was good with that idea I have gotten 6 PM's about our Doctor Who. I never realized that machine or that show was that popular.

Then I started looking machine over more closely this morning and I am totally blown away by the condition. Not claiming HUO but this machine is super nice under a little dirt on the diamond coated playfield and cabinet is almost flawless.

I have had cash offers north of $2000 already but I just don't know if we should give it more of a chance. Maybe it will grow on us and I am really concerned if I sell it or trade it I might regret doing so later. I know I'll never find one this nice again at any price.

Doctor Who fans - what do you think?

#24 10 years ago

95% of them seem to be in the 1400-2000 range.

#25 10 years ago

Since I put the post up last night offering to make the trade for T-2 if my son was good with that idea I have gotten 6 PM's about our Doctor Who. I never realized that machine or that show was that popular.
Then I started looking machine over more closely this morning and I am totally blown away by the condition. Not claiming HUO but this machine is super nice under a little dirt on the diamond coated playfield and cabinet is almost flawless.
I have had cash offers north of $2000 already but I just don't know if we should give it more of a chance. Maybe it will grow on us and I am really concerned if I sell it or trade it I might regret doing so later. I know I'll never find one this nice again at any price.
Doctor Who fans - what do you think?

I've had mine for a couple months now and the other day while playing was thinking about limited shots. I'm fairly impressionable, even though I also am fairly apt to make my mind up about things. Sometimes I'm too easily influenced by others early on before rethinking. Takeaway: I don't see limited shots on this game. Properly set up the W-H-O combo can be really challenging. I'm thinking that I'll definitely give that bonus points on a rules rewrite. Getting multiple loops for the bonus and beyond is really rewarding. Besides all that, killing Daleks all day is a blast. I have the wobble kit on the way and am planning on ordering a new mini-pf and cliffys for it. It'll be a keeper for a good long time here.

As far as price I paid under 2K for mine in decent shape but once I'm done fully shopping, rebuilding mini-pf and possibly having the PF clearcoated wouldn't let go of for less than 2500. Even without the clearcoat my PF looks pretty great, little to no wear except at the mini-pf entrance. Cliffys will fix that.

#28 10 years ago

Off topic but I went snugburys to get some ice cream
(Its a farm which sells ice cream and ships them across uk and Europe)
And every year they build hey sculptures and this year they have a dalek which its head moved manipulator arm and gunstocks moved up and down
Plus the eye lit up plus the flashers on its head

Plus I did enjoy my honey comb , chocolate brownie double scoop ice cream though

image.jpgimage.jpg

#29 10 years ago

2000+ for a DW or T2?

Talk to other local pinheads and such NOT on pinside. You can find both of these games in nice shape for under 2k easily. Unless the DW is perfect with a great cab, over 2k and you are overpaying.

#30 10 years ago

I am looking for a DW if anyone in the midwest knows of one.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Moved to buying and selling advice sub forum.
I've owned my Doctor Who since September of 1992. Love the game. A lot of people say it is shallow but I think the strategies you can use with the docs are good. Sonic booms and multi ball rock.
I think it's a solid $2,500 game these days in good condition. Great collectable for Who fans.

Has it gone up that much in 1 1/2 years? Doubled in price, really? I picked one up 1 1/2 years ago for $1075. It sat on CL at $1350 with no takers. Cabinet was unfaded and it had the topper, worked great with some minor isses. I wanted it cause no one else had one on location to play. I am not a huge Doctor Who fan, so it didn't last long. Not enough there for me and I got offered a lot of money for it (at least I thought at that time).

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Has it gone up that much in a 1 1/2 years? Doubled in price, really? I picked one up 1 1/2 years ago for $1075. It sat on CL at $1350 with no takers. Cabinet was unfaded and it had the topper too. I wanted it cause no one else had one on location to play. I am not a huge Doctor Who fan, so it didn't last long. Not enough there for me and I got offered a lot of money for it (at least I thought at that time).

I would like to say it has not. I got mine (not working) last year for a grand. A good buddy of mine paid 1400 for a super nice barely faded one last year. A friend of mine in LA got his last month for 1400. As I said, use your networking (off of pinside) and you can find them for MUCH less than what has been quoted here.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I would like to say it has not. I got mine (not working) last year for a grand. A good buddy of mine paid 1400 for a super nice barely faded one last year. A friend of mine in LA got his last month for 1400. As I said, use your networking (off of pinside) and you can find them for MUCH less than what has been quoted here.

I didn't think so. I know locations in the country can have a big effect on pin prices, but I have to remember to keep in mind that lots of people here pay way more than they should for games and think that's the going rate cause they paid it.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I didn't think so. I know locations in the country can have a big effect on pin prices, but I have to remember to keep in mind that lots of people here pay way more than they should for games and think that's the going rate cause they paid it.

I agree, and FWIW I am in Northen CA, which seems to lead in game prices. I have yet to pay the 'market' price on any games, including my last 2 (DW for a grand, a DP WW for 1400), but both were purchased via friends, so no internet surcharge

#35 10 years ago

The Doctor Who we just picked up is about as close to perfect as it gets. It was drilled for lock bar (maybe from the factory) but doesn't look like it ever had one. It doesn't appear to have any wear or fade but I will not claim to be an expert. I am not one to toss HUO around without seeing something to prove it but I will say it is currently one of the nicest machines in our collection and I have not even shopped it yet.

I put my post up offering a possible trade deal with 80spit for his T-2 and all of a sudden I started getting what I thought were some crazy offers on it. But considering condition I doubt I would ever be able to replace if if I decided to so I need to think long and hard before letting it go at any price.

I don't know what an actual value is on it but to me it is worth about $200 more than T-2 if both machines are in the same condition. But since this one is so nice I doubt his T-2 will match the condition of my Doctor Who.

#36 10 years ago

The Doctor Who we just picked up is about as close to perfect as it gets. It was drilled for lock bar (maybe from the factory) but doesn't look like it ever had one. .

Games from that era did not come pre-drilled for lock bars. That started later on (Somewhere around the MB/AFM/MM era I think)

#37 10 years ago

Just because people not on this site would pay/sell for less doesn't mean that's the going price. I would love to get another DW for my son to have at college for around a grand but don't see that happening. Most prices have gone up and so has this one.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Just because people not on this site would pay/sell for less doesn't mean that's the going price. I would love to get another DW for my son to have at college for around a grand but don't see that happening. Most prices have gone up and so has this one.

On the other side of that coin, just because people will pay the crazy prices on here does not make it the going price either.

Talk to OPs. Many will sell non working games (like mine) CHEAP. There are other avenues out there for games beyond pinside, and I will consider them the going price (for me) since I have yet to buy any game close to what pinside deems the going rate (which for me is always high).

Another example: a local guy just sold a WCS for 1600. Within the past year he has also sold a Gilligans for 1100, and a DM for 1400. Well below what is considered the going rate here on pinside (I think)

I think the reason games go for more here is there is a lack of patience in the hunt, and more of a 'I need it NOW, no matter the price.'

#39 10 years ago

I am member of an email thread for local pinheads. I posted a DW want to buy and got an email about a month later with the one I picked up. As others have said, impatience pays a premium.

#40 10 years ago

It's not always impatience, availability and the flexibility of the seller matters as well. I've paid less than the pinside average for one of my games but when I add in things I've purchased to bring it to a decent condition it comes close. I've posted requests for Space Shuttles and found one in decent condition at a price point I found reasonable. Seller changed his mind and decided not to sell. Another was several hundred over what seemed reasonable and another at a decent price but the condition didn't match so no go. I'd be happy to get a real project Shuttle (if what needed replacing was out there) but it doesn't seem to have appeared. So I'll be patient.

Re: OP question, seems the consensus here is 1500-2000 for working and decent shape, upwards if condition is really nice. Seems like a good range.

#41 10 years ago

dsuperbee

I wasn't sure when they started doing the lock bar holes but this machine doesn't look like it was drilled after the fact and doesn't look like holes were ever used.

Like I said above - not claiming HUO but this thing is sweet!

#42 10 years ago

Well I am in contact with too-many pins, don't know if we will work a deal, but either way, I
always like the hunt. I had a line on another one, with rebuilt time expander and nice playfield.
But price was at 2800, seemed to high to me, And everyone here pretty much confirmed that. I'm
figuring this is around a 2k game right now unless its in super shape. I can wait, just have
to be in the right place at the right time didn't really think Dr Who was that hot of a title
Cheers
Gerry

#43 10 years ago

My view may be off. Mine has been with me a long time and I wouldn't sell it for any price in reason.

In fact, Even though mine is single owner HUO and has never left my office I'm going to have it receive a top flight restore in November that will cost more than the prices quoted here to buy one.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

And everyone here pretty much confirmed that. I'm
figuring this is around a 2k game right now unless its in super shape. I can wait, just have
to be in the right place at the right time didn't really think Dr Who was that hot of a title
Cheers
Gerry

I'm unsure what price it goes for in the states but try and be kind and haggle the price down to 2.2
But does it have the dalek wobble head (moving head)

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I'm unsure what price it goes for in the states but try and be kind and haggle the price down to 2.2
But does it have the dalek wobble head (moving head)

Yes it does have the dalek head, and that's exactly what I offered $2200 and that is as high
as I felt comfortable with with out seeing it up close and personal

#46 10 years ago

Your're spot on...actually 200 over but what the heck. As some have mentioned it's fun but not much to it.

#47 10 years ago

Of all of my pins, I have owned this the longest. It was always a B title because of the license being a bit unknown. I paid $400 for mine 17 years ago. Now with the new shows being made, people are rediscovering this pin. Pinball Inc. just made Ramp Sets, CPR makes an upper playfield, we have been making moving head kits for over 10 years (off and on). I love the playfield multiplier aspect, the open playfield is great, and I actually met all but 1 of the Doctors depicted on it in person. I wouldn't take $4000.00 for mine. It's just not for sale. I agree that market value for a nice, unfaded game is about $2500. It's my friend Pfutz's best work.

#48 10 years ago

I was told that the plastic cover for the mini is also being made by somebody, not sure who but somebody. Seems the game has found some recent love so hopefully plastics become available as well.

#49 10 years ago

I wouldn't sell mine for less then 10K

Not really but people who own a machine always do that in threads so felt I would be that guy

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I was told that the plastic cover for the mini is also being made by somebody, not sure who but somebody. Seems the game has found some recent love so hopefully plastics become available as well.

I haven't seen this anywhere yet, but considering about 99.99% of all DWs has this broken, it would sell like crazy. I would be in for one and new decals for it for sure!

Game could also use repro decals for the metal part that goes around the mini PF. Mine are all scraped up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 110.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-value-price-check-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.