Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dendoc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Thought I better start looking into the fact that the more I play my recently aquired DW, the more the inserts stay lit. All the outlanes stay lit now, making you think you get an extra ball instantly (you don't). An increasing number of inserts also seem to be lit as soon as the game is started. OK in attract mode.

Any good place to start checking?

#4 9 years ago

Go into lamp test and identify (and report) what is happening.

#5 9 years ago

If you get a similar result (or even if you don't and still get it during gameplay), try swapping the lamps for incandescents in those inserts. I suspect it's just ghosting.

#6 9 years ago

I'll do the test when I get home. They are very bright- unlike the ghosting I had in my LOTR prior to putting the OCD board in.

#7 9 years ago

interesting. Now, in attract mode - all lamps on. On lamp test single lamp - all are on too. Must be something simple - I hope.

#8 9 years ago

Usually a drive transistor if multiple lamps are on, but if all lamps on, would it be all transistors? Seems unlikely, but they could have been progressively blowing due to a bigger problem. Any of the fuses over-amped?

My Tommy has a whole row stuck on very bright at the moment and it is a bad pre-drive transistor.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Now, in attract mode - all lamps on. On lamp test single lamp - all are on too.

Do you have a logic probe?

If in single lamp test all lamps are on (and I presume you mean all lamps, not all lamps in the same row or column) then it is most likely a logic issue rather than a driver issue. You will need a logic probe to test the circuitry.

#10 9 years ago

no logic probe sadly. Limited to Multimeter in tool and skill. And yes, all on,not just row/column

1 week later
#11 8 years ago

Fixed! As simple as a loose ribbon cable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
£ 110.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-too-many-lights-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.