Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently bought a Dr Who pinball machine , and my question is when the multilevel play field would rise to the second level, do you need to do anything to active the white targets or are they active right away? They have work intermittently and I don't know what I did to make them work or if they are faulty.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from alpo3744:

I recently bought a Dr Who pinball machine , and my question is when the multilevel play field would rise to the second level, do you need to do anything to active the white targets or are they active right away? They have work intermittently and I don't know what I did to make them work or if they are faulty.

When it raises to the second level after making your locks, the white targets should immediately fill in red squares in front of them when hit

#3 6 years ago

Likely optos are out on some. I have a Dr and about 3 of the white targets will register a hit. I’ll eventually get them all working, but it looks like a big pain to remove the center playfield to get at them.

#4 6 years ago

Its either the 5 opto's on the opto boards behind the targets or its an issue on the opto controller board located under the playfield. Replacing the optos or the boards (there available online) behind the targets is not that bad. No need to remove the expander just lift the playfield. At the bottom of the expander first remove the 3 bank dalek stainless steel target holder by removing the 4 screws (2 on each side). Note you may have to remove the target reset bracket on the right side to get to the 2 screws there. Then remove the 5 screws holding the black plastic 5 bank targets. Unplug its connector below and pull gently through. Once out remove the 4 or 5 screws from each side holding the opto boards.

Note test the targets by hand before you disassemble to determine which optos need replacing.

#5 6 years ago

Yes, a full switch test is in order (whole machine). Could be a switch matrix issue too.
Test all the easy stuff first, then report back.

I put together a white paper on the MPF.

https://sites.google.com/site/pinballfaz/

Scroll to the bottom to select the document.

Even if you don't have to take it all apart it can help you visualize the bits better (IMO).
faz

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for all your helpful comments. I really appreciate it.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Replacing the optos or the boards (there available online)

They appear to be sold out everywhere...I was looking for some a couple weeks ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-pinball-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.