• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Doctor 7 lite_2 (resized).jpg
Doctor 7 lite (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I am in the need of several parts for my Dr Who Pinball machine, but I am not certain of the proper name for the parts I need.

1. The flasher bulb that goes beneath the raised plastic at the E-S-C-A-P-E area is larger than just about any other bulb in the machine. What size is this bulb and what is it's correct part number? No bulb was ever included, so I don't have a dead one to compare.

2. My "7" just in front of the mini-playfield has NO lighting assembly at all. What parts do I need to install to get this to work?

3. There is a plastic connector that handles the 5 lights running from 500 to Special, but 500 has trouble lighting and it appears to be related to the plastic connector. What is this part number?

4. There are two tiny holes beneath the main flippers. Were there supposed to be posts located there?

5. What is the correct size for the white small round rubber parts on the front posts of the mini playfield when it is up fully?

I appreciate the help tracing down these parts!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from whona:

I am in the need of several parts for my Dr Who Pinball machine, but I am not certain of the proper name for the parts I need.
1. The flasher bulb that goes beneath the raised plastic at the E-S-C-A-P-E area is larger than just about any other bulb in the machine. What size is this bulb and what is it's correct part number? No bulb was ever included, so I don't have a dead one to compare.
2. My "7" just in front of the mini-playfield has NO lighting assembly at all. What parts do I need to install to get this to work?
3. There is a plastic connector that handles the 5 lights running from 500 to Special, but 500 has trouble lighting and it appears to be related to the plastic connector. What is this part number?
4. There are two tiny holes beneath the main flippers. Were there supposed to be posts located there?
5. What is the correct size for the white small round rubber parts on the front posts of the mini playfield when it is up fully?
I appreciate the help tracing down these parts!

1. Size 89 barrel
2. Do you mean there is no board under the PF?
3. Most likely these are cold
Solder joints, my DW had this too
4. Those holes are the flipper alignment marks
5. Standard small post rubber - they're just the ball shaped ones

#3 6 years ago

Re: 2, There is a board under the playfield. But there is no bulb corresponding to the clear "7" beneath the playfield. All the bulbs in the board correspond solely to the time expansion factor lights. My only guess is there is supposed to be an actual socket or something that is entirely missing in this location.

Re: 3, the light works when you pull the wire in one direction only. As soon as you let go, it gets dim and stops working... where would a cold solder apply on this one?

Re: 5, is this the right part: #38-2364 White mini-post rubber with 23/64" or 3/8" Outer Diameter

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from whona:

Re: 2, There is a board under the playfield. But there is no bulb corresponding to the clear "7" beneath the playfield. All the bulbs in the board correspond solely to the time expansion factor lights. My only guess is there is supposed to be an actual socket or something that is entirely missing in this location.
Re: 3, the light works when you pull the wire in one direction only. As soon as you let go, it gets dim and stops working... where would a cold solder apply on this one?
Re: 5, is this the right part: #38-2364 White mini-post rubber with 23/64" or 3/8" Outer Diameter

On #3 could be the wire but inspect the posts where the wires connect to. The posts ON the board. If any of
Them I Have a crack in the solder, there you go.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from whona:

The manual is here:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/738/Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Manual.pdf

Has a rubber chart and lots of parts breakdowns.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from whona:

So you're looking for this?

Doctor 7 lite (resized).jpgDoctor 7 lite (resized).jpg

Doctor 7 lite_2 (resized).jpgDoctor 7 lite_2 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Yes, that is correct. There are no wires or light assebly for the 7. In fact, it appears there is no drill hole, so this part was never installed initially.

#8 6 years ago

How could that possibly be? Is this an early prototype or something? I have a hard time believing that would have made it past QC

#9 6 years ago

The earliest history of this machine is unknown; it was in the UK, it has a UK coin slot. We have had it for about 18 years.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On #3 could be the wire but inspect the posts where the wires connect to. The posts ON the board. If any of
Them I Have a crack in the solder, there you go.

I did a resolder on the post for the 500 light and nothing changed. If I move the wire just right, it works (always on the dim side).

2 weeks later
#11 6 years ago

I have just about completely repaired my Dr Who Pinball machine, but it is telling me my left sling is not working. Played it and there is no kickback from the front left bumper when a ball hits it (I am assuming this is the left sling error I received). Is this probably a bad solder somewhere, or should I consider something else?

Also, my 5 little gray target bumpers on the Time Expander are UGLY. Should I repaint them? What paint would survive a pinball game?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from whona:

I have just about completely repaired my Dr Who Pinball machine, but it is telling me my left sling is not working. Played it and there is no kickback from the front left bumper when a ball hits it (I am assuming this is the left sling error I received). Is this probably a bad solder somewhere, or should I consider something else?
Also, my 5 little gray target bumpers on the Time Expander are UGLY. Should I repaint them? What paint would survive a pinball game?

Easy stuff first.

Go into switch test mode and lift the rubber AWAY from the sling. If you get a switch hit, that means your switch is stick closed when the rubber is at rest and you just need to re-gap one or both switches so they're not triggering at all until the rubber is PRESSED, not pulled.

#13 6 years ago

Got it... I went under the pinball machine and pryed the culprit back just a bit so it was no longer registering as "always on."

Can anyone tell me what the special screwdriver head is that is required to remove the protective cover from the Dalek on the top of the cabinet? I need to pick one up and it looks something like a hex with a recess in the middle.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from whona:

Got it... I went under the pinball machine and pryed the culprit back just a bit so it was no longer registering as "always on."
Can anyone tell me what the special screwdriver head is that is required to remove the protective cover from the Dalek on the top of the cabinet? I need to pick one up and it looks something like a hex with a recess in the middle.

Torx security.

http://www.sears.com/search=tamper%20proof%20torx%20screwdriver%20set

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 110.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 85.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-pinball-parts-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.