Topic poll

“Which machine to add to collection?”

• Roadshow 19 votes
    48%
  • Dr Who 21 votes
    53%

(40 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Looking to acquire another machine, I've not played either so looking for advice from owners.

#2 10 years ago

Road show is much deeper but some people hate the theme and music. I do not like Dr. Who at all after years of playing them. I would go for RS, it has alot of shots and the shaker is pretty rad.

#3 10 years ago

For the lineup you have, I would go with Roadshow.
Dr. Who is cool, even after owning one for 4 years.
I've been craving a Roadshow myself.

#4 10 years ago

I'd never trade my roadshow for a DW... Maybe that helps?

RS is a poor man's FH+TAF love child (with a theme that's good but music that most hate). If there were a Road Show Continued, this would be a pricey pin. As a P-ROC'er myself, it doesn't make much sense to "Continue" it because the game is Very deep as it is and just recreating the existing rules would take a while. Not sure what else is do with it besides audio and graphics.

#5 10 years ago

Doctor Who over RS. Red, Ted and country music equals no thanks

#6 10 years ago

I'm loving my RS! The layout, shots, callouts, fairly deep code, talking heads.

To me, it's a Lawlor masterpiece and I can't wait to see what he does with the next wide body

#7 10 years ago

I have only casually played both but prefer dr who!

#8 10 years ago

DR WHO over RS

#9 10 years ago

Roadshow would be my pick over Doctor Who. I think it is a more interesting pin packed with lots of Lawlor goodness and only thing he didn't throw at this game besides the kitchen sink were magnets.

#10 10 years ago

Dw over rs all day. Having owned a rs, and currently have a dw. Rs got far too boring. Hated always starting in Miami or NYC. I much prefer fh over rs.

Dw is a much more difficult pin. Quite a bit faster playing. I prefer the dw theme over construction as well. The mini pf is an awesome toy, and there is quite a bit more strategy involved to score very high..

I will say that rs has a pretty cool wizard mode. Both games have their issues (mini pf optos, red and ted heads).

In the end, play both, and get what you like better.

#11 10 years ago

RS by a mile and a half.

#12 10 years ago

DW by a light year

#13 10 years ago

Depends on if you want something short and sweet, or something with a greater rule-set. Doctor Who is good fun when it's dialed in properly, but there's a limited amount of things to do in the game and it may eventually become boring. I had one in my apartment for about six months. Played it non-stop for the first (there was nothing quite like hearing the sound of those Sonic Booms!), but then stopped going back to it except once in a long while. Road Show will give you a greater "bang for your buck" value and will probably keep you coming back for more. There's just so much more to do, even after you know the game inside and out.

#14 10 years ago

What do you like.....there is your answer. I like RS because ..agreed, there is so much more to do and is a funnier game by far and the rules are much deeper. DW is very much like a pinbot. Good game and a must have for some DW fans but road show is the better game imho and I am not a fan of country music. Road show is classic Lawyer design and just plain fun to play! And one of the best implemented shaker motors.
YOU WILL REMOVE THAT BULLDOZER FROM THE STREET! enquote... lol too funny!

#15 10 years ago

You'll know which you prefer after you play them both. The only opinion that really matters is yours, since you're the one laying out the cash. Treat yourself to trying them both.

#16 10 years ago

Dr who is way too easy and sonic boom loop loaded. Road show is a complete game that you might not ever get through all the modes. Which I guess is the downside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 110.00
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 63.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-or-roadshow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.