LockOptos (resized).jpg
house (resized).jpg
battery (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider McPin54.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Check your connectors on the mpu right underneath the batteries.

Make sure they are seated properly and no corrosion or acid damage.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Well wouldn't you know, to add to the fun, yes, the middle battery had blown as well...
How can I tell if I will be able to clean off the battery leakage or if I will have to get a whole new board?
I'm guessing I would want to replace with a button battery set up as shown here to get rid of the AA's? http://homepinballrepair.com/index.php/how-to-get-rid-of-those-aa-batteries-no-more-ruined-circuit-boards/[quoted image]

Yep. There is your problem.

I bet your connectors and pins are corroded. Seding bad opto signals.

Funny thing is they can test good in switch test and go bananas in game mode.

If you were closer I'd do your board for you

3 weeks later
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Ok, well good news and bad news.
The good news is that it goes up and down beautifully and it doesn't bind, even with both cliffys on (the board and the mpf).
Bad news, getting error that CCW Direction is Reversed. Does that mean the wiring to the motor is swapped? Someone put a big red dot on the plastic on one side of the terminals, so that is where I put the red wire (should have not assumed and checked... ).
When I did the MPF tests, it went up and down as it should, but the MIDR, MIDL, Up and Down all had error at the bottom after it went up or down. I don't really understand the test animations to compare anything to them.
Went ahead and had hubby play to test and right when you turn on the game you hear the mpf check for balls (or mpf ball eject/kicker sound?) and then it goes into ball lock and up to the first level before you even touch the flippers. It keeps making the ball check/eject sound on and off as you are playing.
Then the other thing is it seems like it's super sensitive, like once up at second level when trying to get in a door, if you hit one of the bumpers outside of the door, it acts like a ball actually went in, when it didn't.
Do I need to get it out and swap the motor wires and then try all the testing again?
Getting closer....

I've found on multiple motors where the color doesn't match. I'd switch the wires

#27 5 years ago

It should tell you it's reversed in test
Also, I know there was acid damage on CPU, you put new one in but did you replace connectors?

Sometimes the acid effects the contacts on the connector

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider McPin54.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-multiball-mp-going-up-amp-down-opto-switch-75-not-working?tu=McPin54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.