Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by shimoda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you want another dr who pin”

• Yes 29 votes
      60%
    • No 19 votes
      40%

(48 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

animated-burton-doctor-2.gif
    #1 11 years ago

With the dr who 50th anniversary this November and dr who is going global and is a big hit all over the world with bally doing this back in 92 with the 30th do you want another improved pin with a more variety if monsters rather than. The daleks
    And what company do you want it created by
    Stern
    Heighway pinball
    Skitbpinball
    Ben heck
    (Not jjp it will take too long to create and ship)
    Ect.

#2 11 years ago

Bump

#3 11 years ago

yes.. watching drwho and really like the series

#4 11 years ago

I'm open to anything Dr. Who, so absolutely. There's 4 more Doctors to add!!

#5 11 years ago

wow 50 years already ?
    I remember the late 70 watching it

#6 11 years ago

I say let SkitB handle it, as long as they are fans and could do it justice. You've got to have some passion behind the theme to do it right.

Start at Eccleston and have Drs 9, 10, 11. Those are the only ones I know, and the rest are on the other machine.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Start at Eccleston and have Drs 9, 10, 11. Those are the only ones I know, and the rest are on the other machine.

Don't forget Paul "Marwood" McGann (#8)!

#8 11 years ago

(I don't know who that is.)

I tried to watch an old once, and the set behind them rattled when someone ran into it, and I giggled and stopped watching.

#9 11 years ago

It is definitely in order! Too bad it already hasn't been created to coincide with the special in September!

#10 11 years ago

I don't want the one we have, much less another.

#11 11 years ago

Bump

#12 11 years ago

Dr. Who is an awesome TV show and the existing game is awesome, slightly on the shallow side, but awesome. Newer players who come by always gravitate to it.

I'd love a new Dr. Who game, but think there are probably more popular titles out there to be made. Spartacus, Game of Thrones, and Walking Dead come to mind and if Skit-B was going to do the title they may want to do IP that is a bit older and then there are even more shows or movie they could make . . . Highlander, The Big Leboski, etc.

#13 11 years ago

You've got a point

#14 11 years ago

Or just do a code update, or conversion kit

9 months later
    #15 10 years ago

It could have artwork like this.

animated-burton-doctor-2.gifanimated-burton-doctor-2.gif
    #16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Or just do a code update, or conversion kit

hmmm....

#17 10 years ago

Has that got you thinking

#18 10 years ago

If it was done count Stern out, they missed the mark on the last 50th anniversary celebration.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

(I don't know who that is.)
    I tried to watch an old once, and the set behind them rattled when someone ran into it, and I giggled and stopped watching.

That is kind of the charm of it for me. It is so campy and 'cheap' that it makes the writing stand out that much more. I was a bit dismissive of it at first, but after getting past the cheap production quality and started paying attention to the writing and characters I fell in love with it.

#20 10 years ago

Genesis of the Daleks is probably the best pre-2005 serial in my opinion!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

That is kind of the charm of it for me. It is so campy and 'cheap' that it makes the writing stand out that much more.

And although still charmingly cheesy, the 2005 reboot really upped the game.

If someone is new to Dr Who, they should start there, as the first few episodes gently clue you in to the entire universe.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Buffpac5:

Genesis of the Daleks is probably the best pre-2005 serial in my opinion!

Boy, the original series had so many great episodes you'd almost need to go season by season or at least Doctor by Doctor to be fair.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Has that got you thinking

The thinking was already going on. Just working on the mount for my P-ROC to get things going. No ETA as I don't yet really know python, but neither did a few people who have now made pretty great rewrites. The biggest challenges might be adding the doctors to the playfield but I have ideas about all of this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-who-50th-anniversary-this-year-do-you-want-another-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.