New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 118240)

Dr Who

By Pinhead86

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dano
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Is there any Whovians here? I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that feels the same way I do. I would like to see a new Dr. Who built by Jersey Jack preferably in a wide body form. Who Else Likes this idea?

#2 5 years ago

I would not mind seeing a new Dr Who pinball machine, but not a wide body.

#3 5 years ago

I would love a new Dr. Who pin! It'd definitely end up in my game room if it was made.

#4 5 years ago

Not interested in the price point a JJP would require. Probably not interested in a wide body either though there are some I like. While I think a new DW would be great, I'd still love a Zen Studios style Darth Vader or ESB pin but there are other great themes that could be done. But yeah, a new DW with all the doctors, lots of episodic material would be great.

#5 5 years ago

Someone should just rewrite the code and create a new art package to reflect the newer DRs. New plastic set, translite.

#6 5 years ago

I myself would love to see a new Doctor Who machine. I'm with shimoda on the JJP price range being a little high for me. I wouldn't mind if Stern or even Spooky did it. I like their price point much better. A lot of cool stuff could be done now with that theme and the new technology they have. The soundtrack and sounds would be sweet pumping through a Flipper Fidelity system.

#7 5 years ago

Yes I would buy one for sure.

#8 5 years ago

I'd buy it used ten years from now when I'd hopefully be able to afford it. But I'd love to see a new one on location that I could play. With the new sound technology, RGB LEDs, better processors, etc. could include Daleks, Cybermen, Weeping Angels, companions, I'd love it!

#9 5 years ago

Yes. However I much prefer the old show over the new re boot. Both good, but I love the cheese

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Yes. However I much prefer the old show over the new re boot. Both good, but I love the cheese

I'm so with you bud, Tom Baker, doctor #4 is by far the best! To me, Baker is Doctor Who.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Not really a reboot per say...it is a direct continuity line. They've done a heck of a job with keeping the cannon mostly together over 50 years of stories too.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not really a reboot per say...it is a direct continuity line. They've done a heck of a job with keeping the cannon mostly together over 50 years of stories too.

I have a few friends who have told me the same. To be honest I watched the first few seasons and kind of felt underwhelmed. I hear it gets better, but I really loved the two plus hour episodes and some really intricate and well written plots. I'll give the new stuff another go, after all it's doctor who!

#13 5 years ago

On a side note, when the HELL is bbc going to release classic dr who on blu ray? Sell sets by each doctor, you'd print money. I dream of the day....

#14 5 years ago

I rarely find someone that actually knows the show DR Who, so a remake might not be the best idea. I love the original pin, but I believe it stands on its own. I would like to see a lot of other themes for sure.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

On a side note, when the HELL is bbc going to release classic dr who on blu ray? Sell sets by each doctor, you'd print money. I dream of the day....

They are pulling it off Netflix (maybe this has already happened). That is an indication a blue ray release is likely imminent.

#16 5 years ago

I think that is the one theme, if done right, I would pay JJP prices for. Been a fan of the show since I was a wee lad and I would love it if the BBC would sell the rights for this. I know tons of whovians, in fact, one just got back from the huge convention in LA. I believe he posted that John Barrowman (capt. Jack) grabbed his ass. A new pin would look excellent next to my classic DW.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside