New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 269243)

Dr Evil bash target not registering

By jsharpe005

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jsharpe005
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

23420834-AB47-4D96-B78D-9C592914621A (resized).jpeg
7DF3439D-DFA6-4005-BAD6-39D3BA7B1764 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 months ago

Just replaced Dr Evil in Austin Powers and now it’s near impossible to register hitting him while playing. First photo shows current distance to connect switch. I do not know where the piece hanging over the edge in the 2nd photo goes and could use some help in figuring out how to get back to bashing this evil genius. Thanks to all.

7DF3439D-DFA6-4005-BAD6-39D3BA7B1764 (resized).jpeg23420834-AB47-4D96-B78D-9C592914621A (resized).jpeg
#2 4 months ago

Mine is on location and were closed up so maybe someone else can check. I think your switch may be mounted upside down. That metal plate on the top of your switch is most likely keeping the blades from fully flexing and making proper contact. Make sure you dont have any cold solder joints on it, I would cut that slip connector off and solder it directly to the blade. Also your gap between contacts is way to big. When mine was giving me trouble I had to use a leaf switch adjuster from the top side of the playfield and left the gap very narrow, about 1/32" between the contacts. Trying to adjust it from the bottom of the playfield led to alot of profanity as I couldn't get the gap correct.

#3 4 months ago

Appreciate the help. Will try.

#4 4 months ago

Got it working good now. Was not mounted upside down but definitely too much of a gap between contacts. Adjusted contacts, with leaf adjusting tool, to barely touching while the playfield was vertical (gravity). Bringing playfield down created the perfect small gap and now I am back to bashing Dr. Evil and keeping the world safe.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 208.87
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside