DSCF4773.JPG
988960_10205575657853729_1394091387736457978_n.jpg
dr 7.jpg
dr.jpg
dr 2.jpg
dr 3.jpg
dr 5.jpg
dr 4.jpg
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I just picked up a sweet eatpm last night and dude is still on my list.
How do the two compare?

I own both.. Similar shots and complexity. Both pretty simple games but great themes/art work and call outs. Love the light show on EATPM. Love them both and they will not be leaving my collection anytime soon.

#52 9 years ago

I'd pay $1,500+ all day for one if it was in great shape with minty clear-coated PF.

1 year later
#53 7 years ago

Thought i might resurrect this one. Any fresh concensus on what a dr dude goes for these days? A friend of a friend has one they're willing to part with. I haven't seen it yet but i know it was bought from a pizza place years ago and spent its life on route. Any thoughts on what to look for and watch out about besides normal pin issues like flipper wear etc?

#54 7 years ago

The ramp entrance sides are almost always blown out. At least one side is cracked out or barely holding on. The left side mount (about 5 inches back from entrance) is often tore up too. Not available so just make sure there's enough there to keep it held down.

Fortunately, by a miracle, plastic sets are available now from PPS so the often beat slingshot plastics and heart of rock n roll plastics are replaceable now.

The big shot figure is the other trouble item. He's usually gone/replaced with a makeshift version or just has his lower torso left Someone on ebay has 3d printed "stationary arm" version for sale. It'll get you by.

Besides the flipper area, the ball drop spots from wireforms are typically worn to wood and the surrounding wood in the magnet area is a problem too.

Fun Sys 11 pin. Love mine. Price....If it's decent, somewhere around $1600-1800 I'd guess in today's crazy market would be good. Obviously anything below 1600 would be gravy.

#55 7 years ago

Player's condition Dudes tend to go for $1800-$2500. Likely due to rarity of finding the machine. Those with an original Big Shot intact, good ramp entrance, no wear on magnet and wireform drop areas will fetch substantially more as they are nearly impossible to find.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Player's condition Dudes tend to go for $1800-$2500. Likely due to rarity of finding the machine. Those with an original Big Shot intact, good ramp entrance, no wear on magnet and wireform drop areas will fetch substantially more as they are nearly impossible to find.

I was thinking 1500 for a players game fully working, above 2k is really high for this game.

1 year later
#57 5 years ago

Resurrect again.
What's this one worth? Im thinking 1600.
Mylar is bubbled at lights up the middle. Magnet area wear. Wear at the ramp drop.

Any in the archive with listed sold price is around 1600 for those. Many no sold price, so im guessing the same prices, but, am i wrong?

Anyone?

#58 5 years ago

I think many sit around at 2200-2500 unsold.

It’s a fun pin but gets repetitive like most system 11s. I’d spend not more more than 2k

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from leonml:

Resurrect again.
What's this one worth? Im thinking 1600.
Mylar is bubbled at lights up the middle. Magnet area wear. Wear at the ramp drop.
Any in the archive with listed sold price is around 1600 for those. Many no sold price, so im guessing the same prices, but, am i wrong?
Anyone?

That's a good price, and it's what I would pay. Many would pay more but it's not a very good game at all. Crummy layout. The theme, art and sound are love it or hate it.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's a good price, and it's what I would pay. Many would pay more but it's not a very good game at all. Crummy layout. The theme, art and sound are love it or hate it.

Agree.

It's a bit like EATPM. Sweet artwork and goofy theme, but gets boring fast. Much better system 11s out there.

#61 5 years ago

I love the bizarre theme, art, and call outs. It’s not a very good game though, very simple, in the end the only thing that matters is being able to wail on the mixmaster over and over. If you had a collection of at least 10 games or so, it might be fun to have a Dr. Dude to show to people and play once in a while. Otherwise, you’d be better off with pretty much any another popular game in that price range.

#62 5 years ago

I have a collection consisting of DD, TAF, Congo, ST:TNG, MET, IMDN, DILE, TNA, and MMR - and Dr. Dude is always the first game newbies go to. If there ever was a game that sold people based on the art, DD is it.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Dr. Dude is always the first game newbies go to. If there ever was a game that sold people based on the art, DD is it.

It's simple and quirky... just a cool game IMHO

#64 5 years ago

I just bought one about a month ago for 1,800. It was in "ok" shape. Needed a major cleaning, rubbers, waxing, etc etc. Some wear on the drop areas, some mylar bubbling, cracked ramp (as usual), pop bumper caps no screwed in and missing screws, it had some burning at the GI board at some point and not ideally repaired BUT all lights work..so far. Translite was perfect, cabinet in good shape, and all parts were intact including the Big Shot. And it does work 100%. I stripped it down, cleaned and waxed it, and installed an LED kit from pinballbulbs.com. I would say it was really a 1,500 game but it was local and by the time I drive 6 hours or have one shipped I'd probably have 1,800 or more in it anyway. Gas money and shipping are always something to consider. So I think 1,500 to 2,000 for one that works 100% but isn't mint and needs some love. You can see the before and after pics below. Check out my game room pics for more pics.

46144582_1985578055074604_8937115245420216320_o_1985578048407938 (resized).jpg46144582_1985578055074604_8937115245420216320_o_1985578048407938 (resized).jpg
#65 5 years ago

So many games. I have a line on a Corvette, 2nd owner had for like 14 or 17 years. Then i thought wwf royal and another game like dude cause the vette was 3300. And could get 2 pins for a little more then vette. I have a large collection, many in line to restore. I have party zone and enjoy that.
Decisions
What would you do?
I thought 3600 on a real nice shadow.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

It's simple and quirky... just a cool game IMHO

Yep, and responds great to nice LED jobs like renoman22 did to his. I bought and still own the DD that this thread was initially about. Great game to have in a mid sized or larger collection.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Yep, and responds great to nice LED jobs like renoman22 did to his. I bought and still own the DD that this thread was initially about. Great game to have in a mid sized or larger collection.

It’s responding nicely to the reflected light from my GB. Imagine a a black light on it.
( DD is not turned on in this pic)

56DBD56E-3D33-40C2-A988-5D174060CC77 (resized).jpeg56DBD56E-3D33-40C2-A988-5D174060CC77 (resized).jpeg
#68 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

It’s responding nicely to the reflected light from my GB. Imagine a a black light on it.
( DD is not turned on in this pic)
[quoted image]

I've been considering doing it in full black light leds just to see what it would look like. Seems like it would be perfect for that. But it looks fantastic like I have it now so I hate to mess with it. I have tried to find pics of others that have done it but haven't found any.

1120180105a.jpg1120180105a.jpg
#69 5 years ago

Mount a black light over the game

#70 5 years ago

Hey guys, dreamed up this lighting mod a few years ago and finally had a chance to implement it. I'm thrilled that it ended up looking as cool as I hoped.

I rigged the flashers so when you hit the Heart, Magnet, or Gift it simultaneously pulses the corresponding dome at the Mixer (flasher added under each dome), which makes those fake phone-cord wires connecting the elements to the Mixmaster seem legit.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

I just bought one about a month ago for 1,800. It was in "ok" shape. Needed a major cleaning, rubbers, waxing, etc etc. Some wear on the drop areas, some mylar bubbling, cracked ramp (as usual), pop bumper caps no screwed in and missing screws, it had some burning at the GI board at some point and not ideally repaired BUT all lights work..so far. Translite was perfect, cabinet in good shape, and all parts were intact including the Big Shot. And it does work 100%. I stripped it down, cleaned and waxed it, and installed an LED kit from pinballbulbs.com. I would say it was really a 1,500 game but it was local and by the time I drive 6 hours or have one shipped I'd probably have 1,800 or more in it anyway. Gas money and shipping are always something to consider. So I think 1,500 to 2,000 for one that works 100% but isn't mint and needs some love. You can see the before and after pics below. Check out my game room pics for more pics.
[quoted image]

Nicely done. That's one cool looking dude.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from TurboBengal:

Nicely done. That's one cool looking dude.

thanks! It's a lot of fun!

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Hey guys, dreamed up this lighting mod a few years ago and finally had a chance to implement it. I'm thrilled that it ended up looking as cool as I hoped.
I rigged the flashers so when you hit the Heart, Magnet, or Gift it simultaneously pulses the corresponding dome at the Mixer (flasher added under each dome), which makes those fake phone-cord wires connecting the elements to the Mixmaster seem legit.

I like it! That's the way they should have designed it to begin with. How did you do it? I also thought that it would be cool to have some sort of thin led wire wrapped around those wires too. Not sure that kind of thing even exists but it would look cool!

#74 5 years ago

I had a cherry one for awhile. It was my first solid state game. Loved it, but got old real quick. Bought it for $800, and put about $400 into it. Sold it a few years later for $1700. Used the money to go towards a Ghostbusters. Don't miss it at all.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from renoman22:

I like it! That's the way they should have designed it to begin with. How did you do it?

1. Change the heart flasher to a red one, the magnet flasher to a green one, and the gab flasher to a yellow one. Dr. Dude like most System 11 games has a quirk where using LED flashers makes them fire when you hit a flipper. I created a thread a while back called "How to Add LED Flashers to System 11 Games" which covers this.

2. Used Comet's Matrix alligator clips to attach to the appropriate flasher, then ran Matrix quick connect cable from there to and up through the Mixmaster to the dome area (it's actually easier than I thought it would be...no need to remove the Mixmaster).

3. Connected Comet flex-flashers to the end. Put electric tape on the back to avoid a short, and then zip tied it to the standard insert bulb in each dome, with the flexi flasher in front and pointing up at about 45 degrees. Flasher should be attached high but not blocking the insert bulb.

4. That's it. Gab is the hardest one because the flasher is in the gift plastic above the playfield, whereas the others are under playfield. But the end result is super cool in person. Even fanfares like jackpot, extra ball, and Gazillion collected look cooler with the newly added flashers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
$ 27.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-dude-price-check-thoughts/page/2?hl=mrfancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.