DSCF4773.JPG
988960_10205575657853729_1394091387736457978_n.jpg
dr 7.jpg
dr.jpg
dr 2.jpg
dr 3.jpg
dr 5.jpg
dr 4.jpg
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Came across a decent Dr Dude locally. Never played it other than on Pinball Arcade. Like Ballys from this era a lot. Seems like it could be a fun game. In my price range also. I will post a few pics he sent. Where does this title sit price wise? How's the gameplay? Really like some legitimate thoughts on this game. Thanks in advance.dr 4.jpgdr 4.jpgdr 5.jpgdr 5.jpgdr 3.jpgdr 3.jpgdr 2.jpgdr 2.jpgdr.jpgdr.jpgdr 7.jpgdr 7.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Its a fun game but for me the play got old. Price wise mine sold for $1600.00 and it was one of the nicest ones I have ever seen. On average I would say around $1100.00 for a nice one.

#3 9 years ago

Dr. Dude isn't a bad game at all, I enjoyed it. Fun, quirky and different system 11 machine. It did get a little old in the home environment for me, but if I found one cheap enough I'd own it again. There aren't many items reproed for this game, so make sure it has all the toys and not a ton of broken plastics. I see it has the broken plastic on the bottom right behind the drops, they almost all have this and it's impossible to find. Good to see it has the big shot toy as that's tough to find as well.

I will say, if you do want to sell, it is a tough sale. I had one that I felt was really nice, had a lot of LEDs, played great and looked really good overall and it sat for awhile and finally sold at $1400.

#4 9 years ago

Dr. Dude was my first machine and I can honestly say I'll never get rid of it. It's weird and colorful, has a little rap song in it, and a good original theme. It can be repetitive, overly easy and completely random at times as far as scoring goes, but something makes me always enjoy it. It's like your favorite cartoon episode you've seen a million times before but you'll always watch it again and it still feel good.

Others might have a better handle on price, but somewhere between 900-2000 depending on condition. I know I wouldn't bat an eye at 2k for a Pristine one, but I might be in the minority.

#5 9 years ago

I love my Dr. Dude. I traded for it, so I can't give you a price paid, but what I've noticed is that people tend to over-price it a lot for some reason. I agree around $1000 - 1100 would be be fair, though I used to see them for $700 all day long and not sell. Guess those days are gone

#6 9 years ago

The theme just kills it for me. I which I liked the theme, cause the price it right. I can't get past the cheese on this one, or the call-outs.

#7 9 years ago

I love mine. bought mine 2 yrs ago at 900 bucks its not perfect. its a import my the I in the serial number

988960_10205575657853729_1394091387736457978_n.jpg988960_10205575657853729_1394091387736457978_n.jpg

#8 9 years ago

Dumb question: How does the gazillion shot work? What does it award?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

lol i dont know. I am too busy with multi ball to pay attention.

#10 9 years ago

manual says gazillion is 1/2 mil per target

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Quoted from dementedwarlok:

lol i dont know. I am too busy with multi ball to pay attention.

manual says gazillion is 1/2 mil per target

I don't remember but it wasn't all that much.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I don't remember but it wasn't all that much.

i think it was just to fit the theme.

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for the input so far guys. He's asking 1900 or 1950. SO FAR, I have him down to 1700. Guess I have a ways to go?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Thanks for the input so far guys. He's asking 1900 or 1950. SO FAR, I have him down to 1700. Guess I have a ways to go?

well how bad is wear on the magnet on the left and habit trails? big shot figure present?

#15 9 years ago

well, just think of any other machine you could get for 1700, and do you want any of those more than Dude?

Dude is OK but I wouldn't go 1700. Not that fun IMHO

#16 9 years ago

the cab look great better than my faded one

#17 9 years ago

well how bad is wear on the magnet on the left and habit trails? big shot figure present?

Not sure. Haven't seen it in person yet

#18 9 years ago

I paid $1600 for one 8 months ago with no wear other than magnet and left ramp drop, USA version with yellow start and squiggly left metal ramp return. Big shot figure intact, though apparently remounted with rubber cement (not visible to player). Nearly perfect cabinet. Hope that helps.

----

Gazillion works like this - each multiball raises the Dude-o-Meter. Once at Super Dude, the first ramp shot scores 500k per target in the mixmaster with a minimum of 2MM awarded. The nature of the mixmaster makes Gazillion and Jackpot awards kind of random.

#19 9 years ago

fun game. 1400ish if nice condition. I would want it for less if buying, but 1400 is a nice spot to be.

1700 is too much

#20 9 years ago

i seen the big shot. those pop up over 50 bucks for those

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

fun game. 1400ish if nice condition. I would want it for less if buying, but 1400 is a nice spot to be.
1700 is too much

That's what I was thinking as a "good" price point, around 1400

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Gazillion is lit when you get Super Dude Multiball and the goal is to shoot the Mix Master and each target that is hit in the Mix while Gazillion is lit awards 500,000...

#23 9 years ago

i seen the big shot. those pop up over 50 bucks for those

When they pop up, which isn't that often they usually sell for 120 or so..

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The nature of the mixmaster makes Gazillion and Jackpot awards kind of random.

You just have to be able to hit that Mix Master!!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

When they pop up, which isn't that often they usually sell for 120 or so..

i bought 2 from austraulia for 150. wanted to have a guy from backallycreations make copies but they are busy with other stuff.

#26 9 years ago

i bought 2 from austraulia for 150. wanted to have a guy from backallycreations make copies but they are busy with other stuff.

To busy to make easy money apparently.. Everyone that has a Dude usually needs one of these.. I don't need the whole figure I am just missing a right arm…

Also for the sake of the thread I love my Dr. Dude and it isn't going anywhere..

#27 9 years ago

Actually I think I talked to you about those figures as I remember another thread where you posted that info..

#28 9 years ago

I own DD. Its a fun, quirky game that doesn't break the bank.

The cab looks nice (from the few picts), playfield is nice as well (from few picts). Big Shot guy is there and the 2 plastics that can easily be broken and never to be found are intact (below guitar plastic center field, and under Big Shot).

I would say apprx $1500

#29 9 years ago

Also for the sake of the thread I love my Dr. Dude and it isn't going anywhere..

I liked mine it just wasn't for me. If I had the room I would still have it, but it was Dr Dude or Wh2o they both could not fit. The next to go is my hurricane to make room for another.

#30 9 years ago

Actually I think I talked to you about those figures as I remember another thread where you posted that info..

yeah i tried to get votes on it. people wanted them too. oh well my dr is going no where and I still have a extra big shot for someone who want to make them. you most likely need some sort of permission to remake stuff

#31 9 years ago

I was also going to say $1500, but offer him $1400 and when he says no, just wait a couple weeks for his acceptance phone call.

#32 9 years ago

Thanks all for the input. Likely wait it out for awhile and see what happens. Don't "have" to have this pin, just an intriguing title.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I liked mine it just wasn't for me. If I had the room I would still have it, but it was Dr dude or Wh2o they both could not fit. The next to go is my Hurricane to make room for another.

Yeah I have a Hurricane as well and although I like it if the right situation presented itself I would part with it. You need to complete your stellar lineup with a MM in place of that Hurricane.

#34 9 years ago

Yeah I have a Hurricane as well and although I like it if the right situation presented itself I would part with it. You need to complete your stellar lineup with a MM in place of that Hurricane.

Agree !00%

#35 9 years ago

$1700 is the high end for this title even w/LED's. 2G better look like it came out of the box. Usually the Dude-O-Meter is worn or faded, the big shot guy goes for stupid money on Ebay. Amusing game to play, campy if you will. Nice in a bigger collection but probably would get old in a small one. IMHO

#36 9 years ago

Dr dude has cool music and the ultra cheesiness of it was awesome. The gameplay itself is very much like chopping wood. It takes forever to get the three ball multi-ball started only to drain pretty quickly. Then you have to make 9 shots again, 6 of which are pretty dangerous to get multi-ball again. I'd recommend putting some time on this title before picking one up. The actual game plays way harder than on pinball arcade. There are much better system 11 based titles out there for around the same price or cheaper that have better game play like Taxi or High speed.

#37 9 years ago

I don't know about price on this one.. But If I was down to one machine in my collection, This one would be it.

A lot of nostalgia for me. PLayed it tons in college. Found a HUO a few years ago at a fantastic price and jumped on it.

I love it!!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Dr dude has cool music and the ultra cheesiness of it was awesome. The gameplay itself is very much like chopping wood. It takes forever to get the three ball multi-ball started only to drain pretty quickly. Then you have to make 9 shots again, 6 of which are pretty dangerous to get multi-ball again. I'd recommend putting some time on this title before picking one up. The actual game plays way harder than on pinball arcade. There are much better system 11 based titles out there for around the same price or cheaper that have better game play like Taxi or High Speed.

Dude only has 2 ball multi ball…

Also I own both High Speed and Dude and Dude is Far more entertaining title, although don't get me wrong HS is a good Early Solid State title. IMO

#39 9 years ago

I actually meant to type two and it's the only reason I put a number in there. Brain dead from the Ohio pinball show this morning. LOL.

1 week later
#40 9 years ago

I was really wanting this after seeing it was out there when this thread started over a week ago. It seemed like the gentlemanly thing to do was wait a week and give Bohdi a chance to grab this. Well to make a long story short, it was still there and now it's here. At least it's still in the state Bohdi. Maybe this summer you could come on down here and give it a try.

DSCF4773.JPGDSCF4773.JPG
#41 9 years ago

Love mine, won't be getting rid of it anytime soon..

#42 9 years ago

Dude doesn't look like a lady

#43 9 years ago

Just sold mine for $1700. Neat game, but the sound drove me insane.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

the sound drove me insane.

Yep, in my review of this game, I said it would be the only game that would benefit from sound board failure.

#45 9 years ago

I've always liked this game for some reason. None of my other pinball buddies seem to have any love for it. Maybe it's because I played it on route and that tends to make me like games more. (Unless it's a Stern, and then I dislike them because they're too easy and I have to walk away eventually.)

I like the 80's style artwork and theme. I think it might be a little too straight forward to stay super entertaining in a small collection. I like the look of the LED one up above, it looks even cooler IMO.

I'm not sure about the price. I've been ready to buy at $1000-1400 many times, but have never been able to find one that didn't have some playfield wear/fading that I could tolerate, OR they wanted closer to $2k which is just too much for the game IMO.

Wade

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Wade:

LED one up above

yeah i added alot of color actually. the REFLEX has 2 orange 2 yellow 2 green to match the reflex shots. color changers in the pops. when they turn blue or purple they look cool. 1 2 3 inserts colored to match the shots. big shot insert, flasher and the drain inserts are blue to match that shot. flasher are colored to the mixmaster under the plastic but the ones under the rotating disc are plain white. the only other 3 plain flashers are the ray, the drop target, and the back box.

#47 9 years ago

this game is actually pretty cool under a blacklight also from what i have heard

#48 9 years ago

color changers in the pops. when they turn blue or purple they look cool.

I will have to try some of these LED ideas when I get to shopping this thing out. Also I would like to add that the OP had decided to go with a different pin anyways so there was no type of conflict there.

#49 9 years ago

I just picked up a sweet eatpm last night and dude is still on my list.

How do the two compare?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Also I would like to add that the OP had decided to go with a different pin anyways so there was no type of conflict there.

Good luck with it Dean...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
$ 18.95
Boards
PinSound

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-dude-price-check-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.