7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mixmastapj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

On my Dr. dude, when a ball lands in the gift of gab, there's a bit of a delay before the VUK fires it off into the tube. The power on it seems fine (never misfires, doesn't shoot weak, sounds the same), but it seems to be a bigger problem when I'm using the flippers. I haven't had this issue with the excellent ray VUK, so I don't think it's a power draw issue, but I am unsure. This can obviously be very frustrating losing a chunk or all of time related to a reflex. Any ideas?

1 week later
#3 7 years ago

Seemed to do the trick! Thanks!

Not quite sure why it worked though, isn't the switched triggered immediately upon ball entry to the VUK (and plays the fanfare), then a long pause before it fired. It's made the problem go away, so great! Just not quite sure why it worked.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

The game didn't know the ball was in the VUK, after so many seconds the game tries to find the ball and fires the VUK resuming play. After enough failures the cpu would have given you a switch number error during start up.

How does it not know it's there if it plays the gift of gab sound immediately upon entering? Are there separate switches?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 27.95
4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 18.95
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mixmastapj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-dude-gift-of-gab-vuk-not-firing-on-time?tu=mixmastapj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.