You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bigshot.jpg
DD Big Shot PLastic.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi Folks,

Scanning another set of plastics so that PinBits can make protectors for another title.

This time it's Dr. Dude.

My example has three broken plastics, two of which will not affect the templating and fabrication of plastic protectors.

I would like to get a better scan of the "Big Shot" plastic as mine is actually broken in two separate places.

DD Big Shot PLastic.jpgDD Big Shot PLastic.jpg

If you don't have a good scanner, just upload a photo of the plastic removed from the playfield. At least we can use it as a guide.

If you can help, I'm sure there are plenty of Dr. Dude owners that will appreciate it.

Thank in advance,

-Brian

PS. full playfield plastic protectors for Johnny Mnemonic, Judge Dredd and Road Show are now fully tested. Contact pinbits to order.

5 months later
#2 8 years ago

Bump.

I just finished installing the full protector set that Pinbits made off my plastic scans and it fit very well.

Have to slightly modify just a couple pieces for fitment, one of which is the above referenced Big Shot plastic.

Still need a scan of this plastic because the damage to mine on the right side is preventing us from getting an accurate location of the support screw hole.

Anyone out there have a Dr. Dude with an undamaged Big Shot plastic that could help the hobby out?

-Brian

#3 8 years ago

I have an intact one, I'll try and get the plastic out for a scan sometime this week for you.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from BenTheCartoon:

I have an intact one, I'll try and get the plastic out for a scan sometime this week for you.

Frontside and backside please, and scan directly to PDF to preserve dimensions and ratio.

Thanks in advance.

And make sure to protect them original plastics with the new PETG protector set from Pinbits. That's the reason behind this labor of love -- to protect the games.

#5 8 years ago

Sorry for the delay, one of the screws was super stripped, and I had trouble getting it out. All done though, although there is a little bit broken broken that I wasn't aware of, it's much better than the pic you posted, and you should be able to work with it. Do you have a preferred DPI?

#6 8 years ago

Thank you for the additional effort. Frustrating, I know. I snapped a screw off in a post putting the phone thing back together.

I've been scanning directly to PDF to preserve size/ratio, in color, at 300dpi.

#7 8 years ago

Here are links to the scans at 1200 DPI. For some reason, the scanner faded the colors, so I took a picture of the actual colors.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_0PTxQhK6pKYlB6T1VLZExHU1U/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_0PTxQhK6pKOFJFOXpZWlRVR1k/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully these are usable for you!

bigshot.JPGbigshot.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
PinSound

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 27.95
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 18.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-dude-big-shot-plastic-scan-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.