Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MnHotRod
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“DPs next title - Pick 1 (so make it good)”

• Airplane 3 votes
      2%
    • Blade Runner 19 votes
      13%
    • Caddyshack 10 votes
      7%
    • Ghostbusters 32 votes
      22%
    • Kill Bill 10 votes
      7%
    • Monty Python and the Holy Grail 16 votes
      11%
    • Pulp Fiction 32 votes
      22%
    • The Blues Brothers 10 votes
      7%
    • The Fifth Element 11 votes
      8%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clerks.jpg
    image-47.jpg
    image-814.jpg
    image-946.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    an.JPG
    Uma.JPG
    alec-baldwin-team-america.jpg
    Kim-Jong-Il-in-Team-Ameri-001.jpg
    DCMS.jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

I started a thread on this subject earlier (everything not just movies), so I decided to turn it into a poll. There are a maximum of 9 poll choice so I selected the 9 movies that seemed to get the most traffic in the old thread.

#2 9 years ago

I'll post before your poll and say Guardians of the Galaxy

#3 9 years ago

Surely there must be some love for Airplane?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Superchicken:

Surely there must be some love for Airplane?

Yes, there is...

DCMS.jpgDCMS.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Spaceballs
    Captain Ron
    Vegas Vacation

#6 9 years ago

Space Balls....sounds pretty sweet

#7 9 years ago

I'd vote for Spaceballs or Team America (fuck yeah) would have lots of funny material

Kim-Jong-Il-in-Team-Ameri-001.jpgKim-Jong-Il-in-Team-Ameri-001.jpg alec-baldwin-team-america.jpgalec-baldwin-team-america.jpg
    #8 9 years ago

I'd buy Uma a 5 dollar shake any day...

Uma.JPGUma.JPG

If DP comes out with Pulp Fiction, I 'm just going to ask Phil to keep my credit card on file...

#9 9 years ago

No Spinal Tap?

#10 9 years ago

You forgot Army of Darkness! The sound clips from that movie are fantastic, and there's just not enough Bruce Campbell pinball.

#11 9 years ago

Only 9 choices for the poll.

#12 9 years ago

I'm with the Team America call.

#13 9 years ago

Now you're talking!

#14 9 years ago

Fast Times

#15 9 years ago

Why does it have to be the Holy Grail?
    I'd prefer a Monty Pythin mashup.
    Besides Life of Brian kicks the Grails arse.

#16 9 years ago

Evil Dead\Army of Darkness

#18 9 years ago

Ilsa: She wolf of the SS

#19 9 years ago

Robocop
    Total Recall
    Starship Troopers
    The Running Man
    The Terminator
    Beetlejuice
    The 'Burbs
    Caddyshack

#20 9 years ago

Rambo!

#21 9 years ago

This thread made me think of what Phil was saying during the seminar at Expo. He wants to see a license that will give the creative team what they need to make a great game.

For Example..their list may be:

1st) Caddyshack-------but Bill Murray wont sign off on it
    2nd) Pulp Fiction--------Tarrentino is digging on it and is all in
    3rd) Airplane-----------Licensing is very expensive and they want control

DP would choose PF even though it wasn't their first choice. I think its cool to see what everyone's dream theme would be and it certainly shored up the decision for DP to make it, but if our number one choice is not what they produce, it may not mean they didn't want to.

oh...although I would love to see Pulp Fiction, Apocalypse Now would be just as fine...

an.JPGan.JPG

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Superchicken:

I started a thread on this subject earlier (everything not just movies), so I decided to turn it into a poll. There are a maximum of 9 poll choice so I selected the 9 movies that seemed to get the most traffic in the old thread.

Kill Bill is already being done by Pinnovating. Similar to the Matrix they did, this one is a WCS94 conversion.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #23 9 years ago

I'm thinking MAD MAX!

"Two men enter, one man leave"

Rambo
    Caddyshack
    National Lampoon Vacation - Original, Vegas and Christmas

And of course the ultimate.....

Silence of the Lambs - Hannibal

#24 9 years ago

Mad Max/Road Warrior

image.jpgimage.jpg image-946.jpgimage-946.jpg image-814.jpgimage-814.jpg image-47.jpgimage-47.jpg
    #25 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking MAD MAX!

Fury Road is coming in May 2015....

#26 9 years ago

Spinal Tap.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Fury Road is coming in May 2015....

I know, can't wait! Guessing Stern probably already has that one locked up though.

#28 9 years ago

I'd love to see a Ghostbusters pinball machine, but I think I'd be most interested to see that one done with Lyman doing the programming. I'd also like to see it with the fully decked-out playfield like Dutch Pinball did for TBL, though, so I don't know, I'll be happy with whoever makes it as long as it gets made

#29 9 years ago

I really hope that Ghostbusters is DP's second game!

#30 9 years ago

I think DP can make a great pinball with any theme.

They convinced me already they are currently the company that can make the best pin. Its so far beyond all the others. But can they make a succesfull company? Giving birth to the best pin is easy compared to setting up a factory, ramming out pins, give support and still make a profit.

I hope they can. Cause i would love to see more pins with this quality and love into it.

But with these prices.... Will be very hard to stay alive for more then 10 years i am afraid.

But that is a problem for all manufacturors. Some will not be around in a few years. I hope DP will be.

#31 9 years ago

I think DP will likely make Ghostbusters eventually, it is a clear favourite. These guys are smart, they realise that Pinside is basically free market research. Everyone was asking for The Big Lebowski on here and they took that information and ran with it.

#32 9 years ago

Pulp fiction would be cool but mad max would/could be epic!!

#33 9 years ago

Mad Max is a good choice for DP.

#34 9 years ago

Hellboy with Pearlman speech

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #35 9 years ago

Futurama. So many assets to make a pinball game with.

#36 9 years ago

A video game called Castlevania! Would be nice and work all too well.

#37 9 years ago

Caddyshack
    Team America
    Army of Darkness
    Ghostbusters
    Kill Bill
    Pulp Fiction

Any of these and im more than likely in. Price needs to change a bit though.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

But with these prices.... Will be very hard to stay alive for more then 10 years i am afraid.
    But that is a problem for all manufacturors. Some will not be around in a few years. I hope DP will be.

The fact that this industry is so dependent on another industry (film) for its creativity is a bad sign already.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

The fact that this industry is so dependent on another industry (film) for its creativity is a bad sign already.

I don't know if I would call it a bad sign...I would say they are using assets that are already in place. In DP's situation, they needed a kick ass theme to help get interest in their first game. I can see this happening again for their next title. However, as soon as a few games are out, and we see the quality and what they are capable of, they very will come to the table with an original theme.

I think the game must have all the goodies a great pin has in order to be epic. The theme only will not carry a game, but I have seen where the game play carries the theme...

#41 9 years ago

My guess is that DP is making final decisions on the next title right now. During their Expo seminar they indicated the team was debating 3 to 5 themes/titles. With a fresh injection of pre-sales cash I would think they are in a position to sign contracts. If they use the TBL model there is about a year of development work before any announcements.

#42 9 years ago

I can't believe it, Ghostbusters over Blade Runner. Really? I'm shocked and hurt, please no, DP don't listen to these people they are crazy. You guys would actually be OK hearing who you gonna call over and over. Man this is depressing.

#43 9 years ago

Nightmare Before Christmas would be awesome. Good theme, family friendly, has a cult following, plenty of movie items to incorporate (Oogie Boogie's dungeon room with a spinner / pop up items to hit, a mode to put Sally back together, multiball battling Oogie, ramps going thru Halloween Town, etc.) Strong soundtrack to boot...

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I can't believe it, Ghostbusters

I don't think I would plunk $9k on a Ghostbusters...even if it performed as well as TBL. They would have to work on my wife to convince me on that title, and I am flying the DP flag pretty strong.

#45 9 years ago

I know a zombie themed pin just came out in the walking dead, but I would love to see a resident evil pinball!

#46 9 years ago

Actually "Animal House" seems to be right up their alley. And mine!

#47 9 years ago

As a disclaimer, I love TBL and DPs treatment of it. With that said...

While I like most of the polled movies, not one of them excites me.

Forget the niche movies, DP, and do an original themed game. Like most of you, my lineup is filled with nineties-themed, and other decade+ older themed games. DP is a new company, on the cutting edge. Be that also with your theme...new, not old.

#48 9 years ago

Blade Runner is my holy grail machine, but I wouldn't mind any of the other ones - just not going to pay 8k+ for one.

#49 9 years ago

Maybe a classic Tarzan? Or King Kong.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Mad Max/Road Warrior

Isn't Barb Wire close enough?

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dps-next-title-poll-movie-themes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.