Linked Games

Topic poll

“DP vs. MET”

• Deadpool 78 votes
    38%
  • Metallica 126 votes
    62%

(204 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Queue the music maestro....

Not long ago, where the unicorns roam
Eating chimichangas with his friends.
Life was all grand
Hit the jackpot, then bam
Luck dealt him a bad hand.
Department-K turned him back around
Made him a new man
Katanas, blasters, and boom are his new friends.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

I played both, I prefer DP...
Deadpool code is only going to get better!

I think the code is done...?

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Metallica has the smoother shooting layout, but it is also much more "generic" while DP has way more unique shots, but with some being a bit more clunky.
Metallica has some great code, but when you really boil it down it is a lot of wood chopping and very repetitive. Crank-it-ups are awesome. The stuff you do to get to them is awesome. But if you are going for End of the Line you get to CIU. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it one more time. No change at all in how you qualify the next one. And God forbid you start Seek and Destroy because then you are REALLY back at square one. Shame too as that is one of the coolest modes.
Deadpool on the other hand has very unique code to go along with it's unique layout, and they mesh perfectly. Sure, you have to fight each battle twice, but the second time is switched up by adding the Sauron shots. It is never repetitive or wood choppy.
Art is almost a wash. Both BEAUTIFUL machines. Theme is all down to preference. I would have a hard time enjoying Metallica if I truly didn't like the band. DP on the other hand has a really cool retro gaming feel to it, even if you don't care about the character.
Metallica is no doubt one of the best ever made. But I personally prefer DP.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Metallica has the smoother shooting layout, but it is also much more "generic" while DP has way more unique shots, but with some being a bit more clunky.
Metallica has some great code, but when you really boil it down it is a lot of wood chopping and very repetitive. Crank-it-ups are awesome. The stuff you do to get to them is awesome. But if you are going for End of the Line you get to CIU. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it again. Then do it one more time. No change at all in how you qualify the next one. And God forbid you start Seek and Destroy because then you are REALLY back at square one. Shame too as that is one of the coolest modes.
Deadpool on the other hand has very unique code to go along with it's unique layout, and they mesh perfectly. Sure, you have to fight each battle twice, but the second time is switched up by adding the Sauron shots. It is never repetitive or wood choppy.
Art is almost a wash. Both BEAUTIFUL machines. Theme is all down to preference. I would have a hard time enjoying Metallica if I truly didn't like the band. DP on the other hand has a really cool retro gaming feel to it, even if you don't care about the character.
Metallica is no doubt one of the best ever made. But I personally prefer DP.

This is pretty much a spot on versus review.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-vs-met?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.