image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#94 9 years ago

I suggest taking all refunds and sending them to RIOT pinball to get in on WOOLY!

That would be the wisest thing you can all do.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

I have been asking Barry and Jaap to find someone to take over Dutch Pinball USA Inc since November 1. As you can all imagine, having MY social security number on this company and its PayPal account puts me in a very uncomfortable position.

Yeah, i can imagine that is a PITA. Also seems like there was a desire for some drama based on you being out of the company. Frankly it sounds like a messy spot for all involved.

#946 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If TBL tanks, and I don't think it will, it will be in large part to Phil's recent actions.
You can't set a building on fire, pull a few people out and then claim to be a hero.

poor analogy...

To me it sounds more like the building was already engulfed in flames and everyone was on sleeping pills and Phil was kind enough to yell "FIRE" and pull out who he could while putting himself in more danger the whole time.

Sounds like a hero to me?

#951 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Perhaps I haven't read it right. But I thought Phil gave them the chance to react before this went public here?

Sounds like he gave then at least 6 weeks and even did most of the leg work for them to hand it all over.

The more that comes to light, the more it seems they were using his SSN as a way to keep him on the hook and filter US funds to Dutch funds.

#1257 9 years ago

too little, too late.

I see ZERO reason not to take a wait and see approach with ANY non limited pinball.

#1290 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How about wait and see with any pinball at all. Forget the limited* asterisk. And yes, that means WOOLY too, sorry. No money for games that don't exist, no matter who makes them or what the theme is.
"Give us money and you'll have a game in 3ish months" would be acceptable, beyond that? Pass.

wait a sec... why even have your asterisk for *3ish months? If you want to take a stand against pre-pay then you should include Stern in that also.

For me, I am currently happy to support US based companies with limited runs as I believe that is the only way they will get off the ground. That is my choice.

Why are you deciding to drawn the line at 3ish months from payment to delivery?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1725 9 years ago

anything new in the past 12 pages or just the same shit?
can I get some updated cliff notes?

#1842 9 years ago
Quoted from C2CPinball:

Two episodes of relevance have just been uploaded.
#126 - What I thought after the NYC Modern Pinball Party and then speaking with Phil
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-126-a-very-complicated-case-maude-or-just-my-opinion-man_33980
#127 - Roger Sharpe joins us to talk TBL and licensing.
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-127-a-timely-evening-with-roger-sharpe_33981
http://www.coast2coastpinball.com

I listened to the Roger one (first half so far) and I fear that he is as he said, being naive. I really hope he does some more due diligence as he jumps in on DP project as at this point he just sounded like damage control and like he has not done all his research yet, but is repeating what was told from one side.

As mentioned the internet goes by 100x the speed of real life, but he has stepped into a sticky situation and the immediacy of the interview just comes off as attempted damage control with no real substance to me.

#1864 9 years ago

In this specific title, what is the benefit of being in/preordering? I honestly have not kept up and I may have missed it.

Is the preored risk for a custom rug and special trim?

I was still under the impression this is an unlimited game and anyone can buy after they are out?

is this correct?

#1949 9 years ago

Curious, what do preowners have as proof of any payments that have been made to Phil? If 2/3 of DP is locked out of accounts, how do they have a clue as to whom has paid what, who has been refunded, who has repaid after being refunded, etc...?

From the outside looking in, it all seems like such a goat rodeo that anyone could claim all sorts of wild things and DP would be hard pressed to determine anything other. At the same time, how can you trust that your money is safe in any way with DP currnetly? What is your proof of payment and how secure is it?

For all the questions and concern about other manufacturers, missed deadlines, etc..., this is the first time that I have seen and example where the books a really such a mess that your money may not be secure or even properly accounted for.

For anyone still in on this, I suggest keeping multiple copies of all payments or reciepts or I am guessing just emails of what/who has your money.

#1963 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Really, you of all people. You fight for the games you love. You did it with Predator and Woolly but come over here with this? Fn hypocrite.
What I learned form you is some folks need to fight for the games they love.
There is certainly more in place here and game wise and capability wise.
I did pull back from a million pre orders and honestly I was chasing owning everything new. But this fro me is about a team I have faith in and a game that has to be.

Sorry, I am just asking a question and not being a hypocrite at all. I was just curious what is the actual status of those that hae put in money and advising that you keep all evidence of payments. I am sure things will get figured out in some form but with the current state of messy affairs it is probably good to have your own personal reciepts in order.

I am glad you have finally choosen to fight for a game you love and manifacturer you believe in. I also hope you get the game as you expect and it surpasses your wildest dreams. Life is way too short and you might as well fight for something you enjoy!

#1968 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No shit? It's because one of the owners outed the whole deal.
Where else has that happened or there has been any transparency of any sort at all? Jpop and SkitB two of the absolute worst offenders.

I have no idea with Jpop, but with SkitB it seems all have gotten refunds and all emails I have gotten about my payments and where I stand have been very organized with a single owner in charge of it all. I know exactly where my $$ are and have always had confidence that the money is being spent on development of the game.

Unfortunatley in this situation it sounds to be very complicated with mutiple owners, accounts, payment transfers, money used to order BOP2.0 stuff, etc...

Maybe other companies are doing the same thing and we just don't know about it?

#2064 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

My Xmas wish is that all these boutiques cut a deal with Stern. Let Stern keep the manufacturing plant fully staffed and charge all these boutiques to manufacture games for them. Let Gary be in the manufacturing business and designers be in the designing business.

That would be great but I do not see it happening unfortunately. More realistic wish is that things continue to go well for Charlie/Spooky and then others can have him build games and ramp up production capabilities to meet a higher demand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.