image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#51 9 years ago

Gosh, what an amazingly weird week for pinball the past seven days have been. I've lost track of what all has happened and I stalk these forums like a psyco.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Crap the one refund I didn't want

That is hysterical. I'm sure this is going to be explained shortly...

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Rick at pps must be happy tonight, The MMR thread has been dead with everyone over hear worried about this preorder instead.

Rick, Jack and the others who take pre orders are not remotely happy about this situation. They can live with message board heat but undoubtedly do not like seeing overall confidence shaken in the pinball community at large.

This potentially hurts all manufacturers and all consumers.

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Where is the risk? You can always get a refund up until the game ships. Preorders saved $500 and got a rug and chrome upgrade in the process.

Check out what happened in Austrilia with Bumper in 2013. Any time you have neither your money or your item you are exposed. The ability to get a refund is limited by the solvency of the entity that is holding your money...an entity that may have big over head like salaries...

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Just because Radio Shack files for bankruptcy, doesn't mean they'll close all 4,000 stores before you get your battery holders.
Check the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) and the Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule.

Neither are practically applicable to smaller entities like boutique pinball manufacturers...especially ones owned and managed by foriegnors.

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

"Hello, Discover Card? I was charged $8500 for an item I never received. Oh, there's no time limit on disputing a transaction? Awesome. Please proceed in investigating and pursuing this chargeback."
DONE. Yes, I agree that it's a risk/grey area, but PayPal would be on the hook as the "acquirer," who in turn would go after DP.

I certainly concede the point that you can challenge through your method of payment (credit card, paypal, etc.)...but some people still pay by check (those poor souls) and there are limits to what even your credit card company can (will) do when dealing with a fully insolvent small entity.

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Yes, and why, because the boutiques don't have the cash to do it on their own. Thus, either you do it, or you don't and don't get those types of machines. It is that easy.

So far the only prepay games we've ever received is BBB and WOZ. Everything else on the pre pay model have yet to materialize. (Granted, MMr and TH are both immanent to release).

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So is there going to be another email sent to VIPs?
I can live with the playfield art changes but not having John Goodman VO would be a dealbreaker.

Have they confirmed playfield artwork changes? The pot leaf is now gone for sure?

#800 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What about Paypal, have yet to get any refunds?! I also disputed the last charge(the one I could within 45 days) and that was already refused and closed. WTF?!

This is why I always question the point when people say "I'll just challenge the payment and done, risk free". There is always risk even with paypal or American Express.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Barry just emailed thru a time portal and advised that coin mechs are now to be included. If light boards become an issue, techs will be flown in for repairs. He has now taken over mmr production and is making a new version of TWD LE in january. Anyone with any questions should open a new identity with less than a 230 feedback and weigh in heavily. If not involved at all, just post a nonsensical sarcastic post, sit back with a hard cider and be thankful you are not invested in any fictional pinball machines.

I love this post. Wish I could give you more than one thumbs up.

Quoted from kvan99:

Great another newly minted identity weighing in.

I'm going to take the next couple hours to sniff out the duplicate accounts...clearly a couple have popped up in this thread...

#806 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

As a mod on another forum this shouldn't be too hard just check ips location. If your referring to me send me a pm or Google me...

You were one I looked at...I'm sure you understand you appear to be a likely duplicate at first glance. You're clean though.

#808 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I cant read 17 pages of this..... did DP come up with a response to this at all? thanks

Not yet...

#1470 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike:

We haven't heard from Phil for about 10+ hours. I doubt he's said all he'd like to say on the subject. I can't help but feel for the guy but I don't like how he handled this. Hoping his silence means something positive is happening behind the scenes.

If I'm Barry or Jaap, at this point Id not be sure how to even communicate with Phil. They can't trust him with a written correspondence of any kind (no letter, text, or email) and I can't imagine they want to talk to him...

A lot of people have commented on Phil's level of professionalism in how he handled this matter, my question is more along the lines of how good is Barry's and Jaap's judgement in bringing him in to begin with. At some point, they not only selected him as a partner but gave him broad monetary controls and authority, he was (in fact) their mouth piece.

Did DP exercise good judgment in partnering with Phil? I'm not giving my opinion on that either way...but I certainly have one.

#1746 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

*opens door*
Hey everybody! Good to see you all. Been awhile. What's new? Think I'll get back into.......
*looks around*
.....err........
....ummm.......
*closes door*

LOL, what a thread this one would be to return during . . .

#2115 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

The best thing DP could do at this point is to refund all the money, take care of the Phil side of things and only ask for the money when they go into production. That is the way to restore the faith back in DP.

The game will not be made in that scenario. I hate that it is that way, but it is the truth.

#2236 9 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

I agree that these companies need cash up front to start, but they do not need buyers cash. They should get a bank loan, finance it themselves, or find another way to finance their start up business without customers taking the risk.

I'd feel better if they borrowed some money from a bank. That would mean at least the bank vetted them and thought they were a good bet (or more likely they had enough liquidity to where their personal guarantee was sufficient to get a loan...).

That said, banks are just not lending money to starts up much these days.

Has anyone heard anything further from Phil? Any more refunds hit?

3 weeks later
#2868 9 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

This is a huge thread...........In short, is this game going be made and sold in the USA???

The reason why this thread is so long is partially because no one knows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.