image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sturner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1120 9 years ago

There's a trend I'm seeing with a lot of these boutique companies. When they're looking for pre-order money, they're at every show chatting away, able to host parties with friends, and are easily accessible via any form of communication within minutes. But when an answer is needed on a delivery estimate, a refund, or removal of a promised feature, suddenly they act like they're stranded on a remote island unable to communicate with the world.

There are some brilliant minds in this industry when it comes to designing and building pinball machines. My suggestion for them when starting a company is to team up with a qualified business person who can professionally handle the business side while you create.

Everyone in this story looks bad.

#1169 9 years ago

I don't understand the personal liability talk. The company is incorporated (or at least being portrayed that way). I'm assuming they filled out that paperwork correctly and show what percent ownership each member has. Payments were made to that corporation.

Why would anyone be personally liable for that money? We don't take someone's personal assets away if the corporation they partially own fails (yes there are exceptions to that rule). And why would one partner be liable for the corporation's liabilities and the other two not?

#1269 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

BECAUSE THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS UNDER PHIL'S PERSONAL SSN.
Wasn't that covered in Post#1?!?!?!?!
Jeebus people.

Why though? They are incorporated. The first thing that should have been done following that is applying for a EIN so that no one is doing anything under their personal SSN.

Just seems like sloppy business practices which has led to internal strife. Most of the issues brought up have little to no relevance to customers. And no reputable company is going to sling mud with a disgruntled business partner about private business matters.

#1276 9 years ago
Quoted from JDee:

Funny thing is that if everybody asks for a refund, they'll no longer have funds and collapse.
They're doom'd anyway.

They could acquire a loan or bring in investors like just about every other business in the world does.

Funding your business with pre-orders is a recipe for disaster.

#1857 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Just received an email from Barry. Not promising. He told me he does not have access to the funds and that he sent my refund request to Phil and that he hopes Phil will process the refund soon. I had a bunch of follow up questions I sent him. Let's see if they are answered.

That is not good.

#2040 9 years ago

So the owners of the company don't have access to a chunk of the deposit money and are telling people that the funds are out of their control. Think about that for a minute.

The response to that should be that you don't care about the disputes between partners. As a customer, that is not your problem. You want a refund on your deposit and don't care where it comes from. DP should be refunding the money out of their other accounts and squaring things away with their former partner.

That is one of the most unprofessional responses I've ever seen in business.

#2042 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

You're dealing with three guys in a basement, not Amazon. You need to temper your expectations accordingly.

Three guys in a basement with hundreds of thousands of dollars in deposits.

#2048 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Yep, with one down on account of health, another on account of bereavement and a third that really may not have access to the funds. If a majority of the clientele went to Fidelity and demanded their money back they would wait up to a week before a check would even be cut. I would expect this to take weeks if not a month or two to sort out if Phil is the gatekeeper to the domestic accounts.

You are correct. However Fidelity wouldn't send an e-mail stating they don't have access to your funds but will send an e-mail to one of their disgruntled ex-partners and hope he'll send it over.

My problem isn't with them telling customers that it'll take a few weeks to move money around, it's with telling customers the situation with their deposits is out of their control. That they'll send a request out and hope for the best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sturner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=sturner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.