Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steigerpijp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#511 5 years ago

Always such a thin line between love and hate...

Time to see the cards on the table from all sides first, think it through wisely , and ONlY then judge the situation at hand

#922 5 years ago
Quoted from donl:

Tick tock.

Where's Barry?

not in this place , I surely hope he's still got his mouth attached to his brain...

#923 5 years ago
Quoted from donl:

Tick tock.

Where's Barry?

not in this place , I surely hope HE's still got his mouth attached to his brain...

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

Now I am pissed.

only now..

#932 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

what you've done is a intentional character assassination w a obvious vendetta, all disguised as a Robin Hood scheme. me, nor my money will ever go anywhere near anything you're even slightly involved in, and I suggest that pinsiders follow my lead.

finally, sanity is being shown on pinside slowly but surely.. thank god..

I truly hope enough stay on board to keep thing moving forward like it should

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

steigerpijp said:
finally, sanity is being shown on pinside slowly but surely.. thank god..

I truly hope enough stay on board to keep thing moving forward like it should

You applaud sanity and encourage insanity all within 2 lines. Hmm... Regardless of who's right or wrong (seems to me there are mostly degrees of wrong on all DP parties) how you could possibly suggest someone keeps their money in on this is beyond me?

Easy, I am glad some people see the crazy rant Phil is putting on for what it is, and I want to get my hands on a TBL sooner rather than later, I can file for a refund, but im not, because nothing so far has made me feel like aaaarghhh, get me my money back..

If im wrong, im wrong, but to me thats a pre order risk Im taking and i will judge if i can take that one myself. I was fully aware when i entered that money needs to be spent on the project to get it along, so for now, im sitting back.

#1034 5 years ago

Yay! Now over a 1000 Posts based on a one sided , un-verified dispute dragged into a forum, knowing it'll get blown up, creating panic, folks pulling out ill-informed, not waiting on the full story.... Good show, and probably the intended effect...

#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I'm Dutch too, damn triple whammy I guess...

Hey don't forget me can I join in too?

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

One-sided because the other "side" hasn't said anything useful yet, and we're more than 48 hours past time when the refunds were given. WTF? Barry and Jaap, you need to say something publicly, now. This disorganization at the top scares me far more than disputes with Universal.

So you're then agreed till now its one-sided, correct? and all that's been assumed here needs to be revisited when the other "side" has delivered their version of the story to make a full judgement call on the situation ?

The VIP's got an email like myself, stating that they are aware of Phil's actions, don't approve of them and want to get to the bottom if it, and this can take up to few days after returning from NYC.

That sounds like we will get an answer, not disorganization at the top (not counting phil as a top member here)

Till that time we really know nothing for sure, but does one ever..?

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That's the problem - Phil *IS* still a top member. He announced his leaving six weeks ago, but the Saturday VIP email confirms he's still a one-third principal in Dutch Pinball. Phil explained in detail how he tried repeatedly to remove himself from the company, while on the other side the VIP email claims "We did everything in our power to settle issues in a normal way with Phil." Well, someone is bullshitting I will sit on my refund until there is clear direction going forward for Dutch Pinball without Phil (and that includes learning how not to be careless with licensed assets).

I guess were agreed then, including phil there is definitely disorganization , but even though he is on paper in future we need to see Barry and Jaap as the top from now on. And sitting on that refund is not a bad idea, and you can choose to reinvest or not depending on the situation when the gog clears.

#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Have you even read any post with comprehension? My god man...

Ofcourse he hasnt, he's dutch and we never follow the rules..

#1127 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

dp-40.jpg 70 KB

Excellent!! That sums it up perfectly.

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

dp-40.jpg 70 KB

But under 2 minutes, you had that sitting ready right there, right

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Now you've got your refund, Phil can sit easy What about all the others??

" every man for himself " comes to mind, how about lets huddle up in tight formation and sit out the storm..

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

While we've only heard one side to this story, the fact that barry and Jaap aren't coming on here to defend themselves implies guilt does it not? If these were lies, wouldn't they want to defend themselves?

No, that's not a fair call .. Maybe silence can balance out what's been said here.

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

How is that working out for the 3 founders of Pirate Bay?

Not sure, I thought they were Scandinavian.

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Not sure, I thought they were Scandinavian.

Oh got beat on the return punch.. Damn..

#1222 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and that was worth creating a new account for???

Yeah, but an awesome name though..

#1233 5 years ago

And there it is...

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yeah, that's not gonna cut it for me. I'm out. I really wanted to hold in there, and that non-answer isn't enough for me.

What else can they say, tell us please !?

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Considering how many of the pin community (and their perspective buyers) are here, a letter to VIPs seems not really public. It is a private communication. How should someone that hasn't ordered but was considering ordering think about communication, when there has been no communication publicly. Pinsiders posting a private e-mail does not a public communication make.

I think its Only fair VIP's get this message privately first since their assets are on the line, no?

#1278 5 years ago

I can allready see my lovely TBL arriving in april, and sooner too with all the non beleivers having dropped out...

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This one is for the light cycle guy....
http://i.giphy.com/3MW7RxLPLQGOc.gif

You're sharp

#2166 5 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

I think the people that are saying "grow a pair and stay in" or something similar may not understand the sheer complexities of production. Designing a pinball and liscensing are big but no where near the level of production. I have friends that own toy companies and work at toy companies video game company's as well as other manufacturing companies and the amount of work to bring something through production is not a simple feat. That being said, I belive DP can do it, but they will need to be far more organized than what has been shown so far.
I think people have seen a glimpse behind the curtain and are starting to see cracks, it's understandable for them to question where their money is at this point. DP's best solution is a frank discussion with their buyers. They shoudk approach the buyers as they would a bank if they were asking for a loan. Set out a business plan schedule regular updates and keep people in the loop. I would bet that a mojority of not all of their customers would come back and reinvest in this machine once they see DP has a solid game plan and that they can deliver.
That's all anyone wants to see. I doubt anyone here wants to see them fail. We just want to know this won't become a train wreck either.

Not organised for the production phase seems unlikely to me, I was receiving parts last August/september to paint for the proto's, and they didnt arrive in a way I was expecting, at all! everything goes through the factory systematically, nothing garage-style, labeled, bagged, date produced, date in, who booked it in etc.etc. I mean..that's keeping track of things if I ever saw it. And so much easier later to identity problem parts should that arise. And that's just during prototyping phase..

Anyway, im still very confident its going to get worked Out and Q2 deadline Will be met.

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

What I understood was that Q3 was the planned (conservative) deadline for delivery and that one of the guys said Q2 was doable.

As far as I know the first ordering VIP's were informed that Q2 would be the start of things. Means anywhere between april/June I guess . Anyone after oktober I would assume Q3 and so on..

Of course things could be delayed a little , its not like nothing has happened as of late ..

1 month later
#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

What happens when no letter is emailed out? Not saying it will but then dp will really have some upset people.

Was this newsletter actually confirmed by DP to be out today?

as far as i could read here it was a rumour from a reliable source, not confirmed.. before anyone else drives yet another nail into DP's coffin for misleading folks again.

1 week later
#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

True believers that never pulled out should get a free set of Geerts balls!

image.jpg 41 KB

Hey hey , easy now.. Can't have everyone trying to grab my balls away!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Francisco, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
$ 21.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steigerpijp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside