image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

And I won't give them my idea for putting a real speedometer on the center shot (two sensors), so not only does your shot have to be perfectly straight, but it also has to be (scaled speed) faster than 88 miles an hour to light the flux capacitor.

Kind of like on Vector, nice idea.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

Wait, so what can you do if you can't use John Goodman's voice or likeness? Arguably, he's 50% of what this movie so appealing. And if this is Goodman's doing, then WTF? You'd sign your rights for the Flintstones (good game but shitty movie) but not TBL???

As per the email, they can use his likeness but only the images which are already approved, see here:

Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

The Big Lebowski assets are restricted to the approved set we have

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is what I would do.

Awesome, Ice to the rescue!

This game started on Pinside with RTR, maybe Pinside can help get it back on track.

#1282 9 years ago

The response seems very professional to me and I think sending it out by email was a good choice. They would have to be crazy to step into this thread. Great move to get Roger Sharpe on the licensing. Let's hope they have got someone just as good to work on the legal details and the mediation with Phil and this is sorted out behind the scenes to everyone's satisfaction.

#1292 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Sounded like a "Get his name out there... QUICK" type of thing so he can be seen as a white hat.

If you are referring to Roger Sharp, I think his name was already out there.

#1391 9 years ago

One thing I was thinking, it must have taken a lot of self-control for Barry and Jaap not to come on here and respond to Phil's accusations. They also seem to be able ask for help when they need to (Roger Sharp). It seems as if they can remain calm in a crisis, that bodes well for the future of Dutch Pinball.

1 month later
#3265 9 years ago

I actually like the new playfield a lot better: love the new dream sequence woman, the big chunky mobile phone is cool, as is the briefcase. They could have just taken the unapproved stuff out but instead they replaced it with really good material from the movie. I think the faces look fine and the way they dealt with the Kahlua bottle is very clever.

I feel that with this update they are heading back in the direction of the Dutch Pinball we knew before the crisis, which was a company producing beautiful, no-compromise work.

Also, Don is Burningman! A pinsider who has had a lot of passion for this project from the start. Awesome, things are looking up!

#3322 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

In the beginning DP got praised for NOT getting involved (just read) in all the pinside crap

I was going to mention this as well: even before the crisis when Phil was still a member of the team, they didn't communicate via Pinside. I received the occasional PM but they never posted to the forum itself. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong, only that their level of communication has been consistent throughout.

1 week later
#3442 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

BOP 2.0 delivered, Roger Sharp got game approved, refunds being processed

Yep, nice to see the Dutch back on track. The fact that they have come through such a major crisis certainly bodes well for the future of the company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.