image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randomguyoffcl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

» YouTube video
This guy sure will sleep better tonight...

dont forget this guy

jackg.jpgjackg.jpg
#645 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

And yes, this has really been going on for 6 weeks. I'm sick of it. (Email attached)

Read the email from the post right after this quote...Phil was ok with DP draining the US funds as long as his name was off of it. Thoughts?

#819 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I thought this was the dream theme for you Americans, apparently a dream is not worth fighting for in the US

First off, this quote is just flat out disgusting....Attitudes like this do nothing for international relations.
This is about nothing more than good people that put real money into an apparent house of cards that has literally just imploded before our eyes.

DP might be done folks! How do you recover from this? What could they possibly say?
Phil has provided far too much actual proof of more red flags than red cross, ie; Bride money gone, TBL money going to bride, lies, theft, stalling phil for assuming liability for DP USA and leaving him with a big pile of cash like some scapegoat...No wonder he hit the panic refund button.

This isnt like the Hobbit smaug drama at expo when there was mild panic and talk of a run on the bank at JJP....This is an actual run on the bank at DP happening as I type this which was kicked off by Phil. What is literally every page of this thread littered with? Good people desperately asking Phil how to get their $$$ if they already haven't, or people calling amex, or others emailing DP and calling in first thing monday am for refunds. That is the majority of the sentiment here which equals a RUN ON THE BANK! All the magical thinking in the world isn't going put a shiny nib TBL in your driveway anytime soon...Just simply ask the question? Who is going to fund this thing now? And who in their right mind would pre order DP #2?

#1394 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

pre-ordering Alien without even seeing the damn machine, let alone the designer bailing (though I like that they're coding and shit already, they might meet my model if you ignore the pre-order until the machine is good to go)

Well thanks for not completely taking a dump all over Heighway. I think you know deep down they will emerge as one of the top 3. Nordman leaving was bad, but supposedly over not making deadlines which doesn't seem like such a big deal in light of all this. And I think you would endorse their pre-order model, $1500 now and not another dime until its ready to be built and shipped.

As far as communication goes, I could email Andrew right now about my runny BM this am. and he would get back asap with a solution.

Post edited by RandomGuyOffCL: spell check

#1489 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Of course you agree with me, I'm right!
I think the "dream theme" bit is still the real tough test. And hey, it's your money, do whatever you're comfortable with. It's just that with Alien I didn't see any indication that you wouldn't be able to just buy one later when they're done. So the incentive to get on the rollercoaster just seems to be missing to me. You're not getting extra chrome or a rug or a price break are you?

No rugs or chrome...You get puke green armor with a couple construction lights up top, some kind of tron le light up ramps and 1 of 500...Worth the ride for you? Probably not...Me and a decent number of others, ya why not...From what i understand you signed up for TBL and backed out right?..Smart move! .I know, I know, you touched it, flipped it, and the lights twinkled in your eye...But after the past couple days here, what was all that worth?

The truth of all this pre-order mania is that its simply a product of our own desires. We all loathed stern's monopoly on the market for years. So much so that we ran the prices of 90's dmd pins up so hard that light bulbs started popping off in these guys heads. BBB was the pre-order kickstart that everybody missed out on so when JJP showed up in town the pre-order floodgate opened and here we are today.

I'm torn on the pre-order thing, half of me wants to think like you...The other half of me feels like its the least i can do to better the pinball community by helping some of these companies get off the ground...Plus im child of the 70's...so yeah, Alien sucked me in..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randomguyoffcl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=randomguyoffcl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.