image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead1982.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#552 9 years ago

+ 1 to the kahula chip in. And maybe get a price from Goodmans Agent!?

#607 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Really?! You would want to pay twice for something!!

I want the game to be made!

#868 9 years ago

I can't help but think.. Phil you are a master at marketing.....good & bad... I think if what you have posted is true in regards to the PF art but I don't think it can't be sorted out. What is going to prevent the game from being made is the deposits that have been returned and the scaremongering which is stopping people from redirecting payment.

When Phil returns deposits from DP USA. Does that not exclude him from prosecution, as DP USA has taken no money. Obviously Phil also wants to do right by the people he sold to and outline the problems DP had before he left. That was 1month ago. What has been going on since then? Who is the PR with UNIVERSAL now?

Barry,Japp & team need to reply, but I understand the circumstances as to why Japp has not.

#893 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why did anyone even pre-oder TBL if production isn't limited and they will sell you the rug separately?

Price increase and price for the rug!! Everyone loves FREE STUFF!

#1021 9 years ago

OK so here is my take on it
1.) Barry may have taken money from DP USA to fund trips to promote TBL and finish off BOP2.0
2.) Universal has not agreed the Playfield art work- on the flyer I have seen DP did state in a big black box "artwork subject to change.
3.) Barry has not responded to Phil asking to be disbanded from DP.
4.) phil has done this for two resons because he is worried that pre-order customers won't get a game because UNIVERSAL will pull licence & he will face legal action if this happens

Is this the jist of it?

#1031 9 years ago

On pinball news, JJP did a presentation on Hobbit. In the presentation they showed a multiball sequence which Peter Jackson himself said no to. They still showed it as it was their vision and what they wanted to put in the game. It was refused and so abandoned. Is that illegal showing their vision? If it is not in The final product or licence is worked out before then is it still illegal.

UNIVERSAL may not know of the pin, but was it DP intention to make a prototype and show UNI the "vision" and then go make changes after that. Granted they should not have taken it to a show or organised events to show their vision before complete approval.

#1342 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is it wrong that im secretly hoping to have my place in line bumped up a bit?

+1 to that!
If people bail at the rumour or the slightest hiccup then more fool them. DP should recognise it's loyal pre-orderers!

People are bailing after hearing only one side, I am sorry of what Phil describes, but I think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion, scaremongering, people jumping on the bandwagon crying SCAM!

I've seen this in WOZ, PREADATOR & now TBL.
I'm pretty confident that most of what DP has put in the game will get approval. Change the artwork a little and the code to what UNIVERSAL is happy with and as with an earlier post the content we want will be put in through "updates" not done by DP obviously

#1833 9 years ago

Listened to #127.
I'm pretty happy right now. Of course I'm still in and my number should be moving on up nicely as well

#1855 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I listened to the Roger one (first half so far) and I fear that he is as he said, being naive. I really hope he does some more due diligence as he jumps in on DP project as at this point he just sounded like damage control and like he has not done all his research yet, but is repeating what was told from one side.
As mentioned the internet goes by 100x the speed of real life, but he has stepped into a sticky situation and the immediacy of the interview just comes off as attempted damage control with no real substance to me.

Roger stated in the interview that he had spoken to UNIVERSAL directly and they have no intention of pulling the licence. Also that they KNEW about the Expo and NYC party.

This statement discredits Phils "UNI didn't know" Sure there are some things that need approval..Roger also says that he has seen paper trails on things that have been signed off by UNIVERSAL. Of course that is significant and FULL of substance to me.

Not really sure how you can say this and defend Skit B! And I am still in on both!

#2095 9 years ago

Just paid another $1500 to DP.

Don't care if they are using my money to fund the project TBL project.

I'm sure when Phil gets out/back from his treatment that he will go about refunding all those who want out.

TBL is a popular theme in US. Maybe most of the pre-orders were US and so DP USA has most of the $$, even deposits from Europe went to DP USA. So looks like they have no choice but to wait for Phil. Why has phil locked the account? because he thinks Barry will steal the rest...no.....because he cares about his customers and wants to refund them....maybe..... Or maybe he is planning to run with the money to get what he is owed! Everyone is jumping to conclusions and making accusations.

1 week later
#2486 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Looks like I'll be moving up a few spots.

+1

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#3028 9 years ago

I emailed Jaap
Things are going in the right direction. Waiting to hear back on a few things which takes a few weeks.

Guess he means the playfield artwork approval but I don't know.

News letter will come when there's more to report.

1 week later
#3130 9 years ago

Heard from a reliable source that New Shit news letter should be out this Friday at some point.

#3192 9 years ago

Yes It was me that first Said a Newsletterwoukd be out today. It was from a reliable source, close to the company. The day is not over yet, but I too will be disappointed if one doesn't come out today.

#3206 9 years ago

BOOM!

Thanks for the update Barry, Jaap and Team!

Nice looking Playfied.

I am proud to say I'm an Achiever!

#3209 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm glad that the playfield, artwork, music, licenses, etc. are approved...however...
"All official paperwork has been submitted to the IRS and our Paypal partners and we expect to hear from them again any day now. As soon as we have authorization we will be sending out more information regarding the refund process. We take this very seriously and looking forward to resolving the last couple of issues that are outstanding."
Where the fuck was our email stating "we are working on the official paperwork to submit to the IRS and our Paypal partners and will be sending that information out soon"? Why would you just not say anything about that to help quell customers fears?
DP is terrible at communication. Here, we won't talk to you for two months, but then we'll send you a flashy newsletter that says "we've been working on it, but there is still work to be done".
What a joke. I said they were probably just going to send an email saying "we're working on it" and I really wasn't that far off. There is no way it took them two months to find an accountant and fill out some forms, so what the fuck were they doing the rest of the time?

Not everything is black and white.
Maybe they had to file claim with paypal, paypal had to get Phils side of the story, maybe it had to go to some financial review and so on, these things take time.

#3212 9 years ago

I know it's not over yet, but when DP start manufacture & shipping in Q2 will this not be the shortest amount of time before a "pre-order" pin has been made? About 1yr from asking for deposit to get your game!?

JJP certainly had my$2000 deposit for years. And $6000 for the last 6 months.

Pre-ordering is not for the faint hearted, but I've got to say that in my option some only get in on pre orders for the possible return it will have in the future or just to say 'yeah I'm in on that' but when it comes to putting down a substantial amount of deposit or settle the amount people bail.

Some say it's due to delays, some say it's bad business, I say it's those who are time wasters!

#3214 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Haters gonna hate, waiters gonna wait.
It's positive news at least and I think everything is gonna be alright. I still am SO excited to hopefully have this pinball and really hope it does happen and is as great as it appears it can be.
Go DP!

+1
It looks like TBL will be some serious competition to Stern and JJP with the build quality, game play and toy innovation.

I will be a DP customer second time round.

1 week later
#3444 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

It's surprising to me that people think that those who requested refunds because the company was completely mismanaged and one of its very own owners told us to get our money back should be penalized. The concept of penalizing a customer because of the company's own debacle is obsurd. those of you who claim we didn't have faith that is complete and utter bs. I gave the company 8500 on faith and supported them, but when one of three owners does what Phil did, how do you blame anyone who wanted a refund after that? Unreal.

You certainly have changed your tune!!
Yes Phil was an owner but his conduct was totally unacceptable. Page after page you repeated the same thing, "not a way to run a company, I want a refund" sounded like a broken record. Nothing constructive, just negative towards DP.

Did you pay your Jan payment??...I did and those that believe in DP did, did those that got a refund from Phil put back in straight away? some did others didn't.

And you want back in in the same place!
Astounding!

#3450 9 years ago

Those who's money was not refunded but did not put money in on the Dec/Jan deadline could have contributed to the colaspe of DP.

Pre-ordering is a risk, people who got a refund and did not put back in should not be allowed to rejoin in their spot with the "perks" because they didn't take the risk.

People who slammed DP with threats of law suits and made comments about a "poorly managed" company WITHOUT knowing all the facts from both sides. Should also be put back, or those that stuck with DP without question should be put forward. Which ever.

I'm not saying this so I get my TBL quicker, it's the principle of the matter to me. I wait until I have the facts to make an informed decision

I know DP did not communicate publicly like Phils outcry, but if you emailed Barry he would reply to individuals. I think that this was the more professional, communicating when FACTS are availabile.

#3466 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Delusional if you think that the way dp has handled the company for the past few months is acceptable. Bottom line is dp fucked up, they will lose plenty of sales over this if they are not willing to allow people to assess the situation that dp forced them into. if barry would have actually addressed the questions he was asked with a straight answer, I would have never requested a refund.

OK we get it, but clearly We don't care!! We believers in DP continue to back DP. Obviously were all clueless to how a business should be run because nothing like this has ever happend before in business...especially your business!

Are you Donald Trump or Lord Alan Sugar?

#3469 9 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Just clarifying, I did NOT get my refund back. I got an email from Barry saying he was prepared to refund me but he wanted my bank account and routing info to process the reimbursement lol....ummmm no. Maybe things work a little differently there, but yeah...no.
So I said "hey I'd rather give you $4k than the entire contents of my bank account". His response was "nope, your order is completely removed from our system now as all other refund requests, you can't buy a game", which I thought was an interesting move. I don't give a hoot about the $10 rug but I'm not sure what DP gets from barring my purchase altogether? Glad to be out of it even though I'm mega bummed on the next Stern title too. Hmm. What to do.

So now DP are Nigerian scammers who want to empty your bank account. People on here are paranoid!

#3676 9 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

Guys, please help me: It seems like the consensus on DP is they're pulling it together. I agree they've made positive steps lately:
-BoP 2.0 shipped
-Licensing finalized
-Accountant hired
-Some (all?) pending refunds processed
Definitely great forward momentum. But how does all this add up to financial stability? I could have missed something--I'm not following this closely anymore, but that's my primary concern before I send them the final 2 payments on TBL.

I'm more than confident in DP.
They have had their ups and downs, but now people who wanted refunds have got them and things are back on track. I'm paying my final installment when I get paid end of the month.
That's how confident I am.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead1982.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=pinhead1982 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.