image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1691 9 years ago

I can imagine it like a scene out of Madmen.:

There's Roger Sharpe sitting in the waiting room at Universal Studios to see their IP manager.

He hears laughter inside the office... the doors open...

Out comes Gary Stern with a smile on his face..

"Hi Roger. How's it going?"

And he heads to the elevator whistling....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1694 9 years ago

So they had permission but hadn't worked out the details, and now may have violated the arrangement? Tricky stuff.

#1701 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The issue is that by doing that they risked Universal getting pissed off. I don't think anyone was going to get sued or anything ridiculous like that. But they could have potentially decided the liability of this company representing their brand was too high and pulled the plug.
That's the main source of conflict. And I might have some details wrong, I don't have all sides of the story. The point is that while there was some rule bending, and possibly issues, no one is saying they didn't have the license. It just hasn't finished the approval process.

Thanks.. I'd been told to read up on this but the thread looked like "War and Peace".. LOL

I can't help but wonder if Gary Stern would approach them and try to snafu the deal? That would be the ultimate business move. If the rumors are true that he can re-run LOTR the same time the Hobbit comes out, he's not pulling any punches against his competitors. Pretty interesting stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=pinballhelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.