image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulywalnuts23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2105 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

That's the old guard being naive. The Stern games stand up to the Bally/Williams stuff now for sure. It took some time but the games are great now. There's only so much of the same 20+ years of Bally/Williams pinballs I can take. Yes, they stand up to the test of time, (most Data East stuff does not), but the Stern stuff in the last 5-6 years plays just as well if not better. People just won't give the stuff a chance but I can assure you those people aren't sitting there playing their games 10x a day still either.

I would agree that they play well, but build quality is not as good compared to the classic Bally/Williams era games IMO.. I mean they aren't horrible but still not up to those glory years.

#2108 9 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

I'm convinced that a lot of people still think that. And whether it's true or not, choosing Stern for this would certainly cost TBL clients.

If Stern were in charge of assembling TBL I would still buy it, if it is anything like the proto units that have been shown off.

#2112 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What I want to know is where the hell did "jack wagon" come from? Is it a retro insult lifted from Deadwood, or a substitute curse for the prudish? Either way, it sounds ridiculous.
In any event, the preferred nomenclature in a TBL thread is "human paraquat."

Here you go...

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jack+wagon

#2122 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Yeah, except no one can ever define build quality. For working right out of the box, pretty much all operators say that Stern games are much better day one than Bally / Williams were.

Yes but what about as time passes. That is where the build quality really starts to show itself. Also just from the product you get from day one, you can see that a lot of corners have been cut to save on money... For example, a single halogen light in the back box.. What ever happened to the idea of a light show in the back back.... With the newer games that have actual LCD screens in the back box, i.e. WOZ I can see only having a single bulb, and you can do the light show with the screen, but for all the Stern stuff, just a money saver..

#2129 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

*shrug*. My single bulb backboxes burn out way less often than bulbs in my lots-of-bulb boxes.
Oh, and my RFM has a single bulb.

Yeah and RFM also only has half a playfield... Bulbs can be replaced, unfortunately the creativity that was included in the older back boxes can not with a single bulb...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulywalnuts23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=paulywalnuts23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.