Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think this paints a picture that Phil was more than just "the marketing guy". I wonder if dp usa exists anymore.

Will verify this for you tomorrow.

#550 4 years ago

Enjoying geuine Garrett's popcorn while reading the Dutch Pinball trainwreck thread from my suite overlooking the Chicago River.

1418573233839.jpg
#565 4 years ago

This is Chicago! Heading to the Dutch Pinball facility soon.

1418574348616.jpg
#603 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Caramel and cheese mix?

Just butter (buttery). However, there were a few carmel pieces sprinkled in).

#717 4 years ago

Things look great at Stately Dutch Pinball Manor...

1418591990356.jpg 1418592025975.jpg 1418592084608.jpg
#723 4 years ago

Well, as well as can be expected for a Regus rental office suite. I don't think those doors are loading docks for thousands of pinball machines.

1418592306102.jpg 1418592449756.jpg 1418592480838.jpg
#1803 4 years ago

That one takes the cake!

1 week later
#2293 4 years ago

Can you imagine if you got a refund that you didn't request and later the machine shows up? If they can't keep track of tee-shirts, can they keep track of game payments?

#2297 4 years ago

Make no postings whatsoever if you receive a refund.

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm guessing this is what everyone looks like in their new DP shirts, right ?

dutch-pinball-shirt-1.jpg 17 KB

My GF does.

#2310 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

boob shot redirection

Here you go....

Aqua 1.png
#2328 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So I went to my payment page on DP earlier today and it has a status on my payments as "reversal cancelled" then had an option to cancel or retry next to 3 of my payments. I was excited as I figured my refunds were finally processed but then it won't let me Retry and when I hit cancel it just shows the payment as being due but I have NO refund still in my Paypal.
DP needs to get a f-n update out this is just annoying at this point and a clown show.

Does the free T-shirt count for something?

#2350 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I think anyone that sends the Jan 1st payment is out of their f-in minds personally, but to each their own. I am still willing to support these guys but I need my original money refunded and know WTF is going on before I do anything else.

To be fair, another person's payment could cover your "no quibble" refund.

1 week later
#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

From what I've heard, they're currently being assembled somewhere in the US. I won't say where. A buddy of mine received a pic the other day showing his ready to be packed up.

Why is the location such a big secret?

1 week later
#2921 4 years ago

All I can say is that if Roger Sharpe is a volunteer to work on DP matters, fine. If he is working for pay for services rendered; I hope he is on a cash in advance basis.

2 weeks later
#3327 4 years ago

<<<just give me a refund. I don't care if they have to take that money from their kids college fund or suck dicks in an alley to get me money, just get it. I don't care where the money comes from, as long as it goes to me. >>>

A great line by aeonblack.

#3353 4 years ago

Remember, they don't call Rick "Mr. Personality" for nothing. He has earned that name and renews it with almost every communication.
Personally, I would give a threatening email from him the popular Howard Stern response: "Fcuk youuuu, take me to court".

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Hopefully, Dutch Pinball doesn't take public relations cues from Rick at PPS, because Rick is his own worst enemy when it comes to PR. Only Rick could snatch defeat from the jaws of a PR victory like fresh MMRs rolling off the production line at Stern!
Rick freely uses Pinside when he wants to hawk new wares or selectively release good news, but he retreats to his controlled, private forum (the "bunker") when he has bad news, wants to limit it's reach, or wants to scrub and delete follow-up comments. I suspect in his own mind, it makes sense, but the reality is, the very existence of a controlled, private forum for public relations is a problem, and that's why it receives little traffic, despite Rick's continual efforts to drive people there, yet the Pinside grapevine, which Rick cannot control, thrives.
-----
The Law of Information Flow: "Information, like electricity, WILL flow, and it will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance."
-----
Question: Does Spooky Pinball have a controlled, private forum?
Answer: No, because they don't NEED one.
Rick's PR problems are easily fixable:
1] Engage with the community.
2] Treat people with respect (actual customers, potential customers, lurkers, and critics).
3] Be open and honest.
4] Under-promise and over-deliver.
5] Apologize when you make a mistake or let people down.
6] Listen to feedback.
7] Try to improve.
8] Make customers happy.
9] Lather, rinse, repeat.
Personally, I'd like to think that Dutch Pinball will be a little more proactive than PPS in the future, and follow the simple guidelines above to build a positive, healthy communication style going forward.
Instead of asking "What would Rick at PPS do?", they should instead be asking "What would Charlie at Spooky Pinball do?"
I truly believe that would bode well for the long-term health of Dutch Pinball.

Classic example of a CONtrol freak.

#3374 4 years ago

Assuming this game gets made in quantity and is proven to be reliable along with some prototype earnings reports; I'll bet either Brady or Betson buys a bunch and distributes them to route ops. The game looks like it will be a monster earner at street and arcade locations.

1 week later
#3429 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind buying a used one that was routed if it costs way less than HUO. All of my used machines were routed. Heavily, I might add.

#3527 4 years ago

DP 454.JPG
1 week later
#3750 4 years ago

The world champion of pinball may return with the new settings.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 49.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside