image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#25 9 years ago

Not sure the issue yet, but I know JPop had a similar issue with paypal receiving too much money in the account on the ZA game. It would be nice to hear from the DP camp on what's going on.

Could be as simple as going though a different payment plan and avoiding paypal as a remedy.

#1708 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
Iron Maiden please.

2 weeks later
#2586 9 years ago

When I got my refund from paypal I sat in the sidelines and read many of these posts.
I love the game, love what DP is doing with this project but in good conscience I can't risk the money. Not to mention the game isn't going to be much deeper in the rules as it is I was told at expo. The lower bowling alley, Jesus quotes and movie quotes will carry it so far.

I took the money and got a Judge Dredd and Flintstones. At least I get a bowling alley and Goodman with that

image.jpgimage.jpg image-475.jpgimage-475.jpg
#2599 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

That's what I figured also but the post I quoted from mnpinball threw me for a loop unless I misunderstood him.

No I never said to base it on pre alpha expo code.

I'm saying the game isn't going to be super deep (based on people that directly talked with Barry ) So I just can't justify the money on visual bling and Jesus, Goodman, Dude quotes to carry it if the game gets old quick. That's a chunk of change to listen to a soundtrack of music.

#2609 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a post I cant leave unanswered. I have heard Barry state in earlier days that TBL was going to have a deep ruleset. So I checked with Barry in person this morning again and he repeated this and doesnt understand how the story of a shallow ruleset has come to life. As with more forumtalk it just isnt true.
So, deep ruleset it is direct from DP and not via friends

Define deep.... IJ4, Iron Man, Tron, LOTR, AC/DC.

#2618 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Not sure how anyone not working on the code could asses the depth of code at this state in development (did Barry tell some they were aiming for "shallow code"? - seems unlikely). But sounds like you should just wait to play it before deciding.

At NO point did I say it would be shallow. I said it wouldn't be super deep.
My understanding it's on par to a late 90s WMS pin like a Dredd or Roadshow. At this point I'm waiting on the sidelines.

#2636 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I actually hope this ends up being the case... I´m not a fan of overly deep games, they end up being more of a chore to figure out/complete... Medium-deep would be good for me...
Personally speaking a game that´s about as hard to complete as roadshow but with a bit more going on than start mode, do mode (if you want) start next mode, repeat to end of game, would suit me fine...
What´s happened to all the arguing, speculation and negativity in this thread... it´s kind of boring without it

I see your point on overly deep games. But one thing about super deep (or deeper) games is the value you get and the track record of those games that stay in a collection. ie:LOTR, Spider-Man, AC/DC, TSPP, WOZ and others that some would argue AFM, MB, and MM. They all share a common denominator Keith and Lyman. These 2 guys are the best at what they do. They have the ability to grasp the casual player with easy to learn basics of rules to "have fun" and want to play more and get more into the game as well as a progressive depth to the rule set that much more seasoned skilled players want and those of us that buy the games want in a home purchase.

DP is well on the way to create the same thing, but it's not proven yet. Once done then we can judge. Fair enough. But yes, medium-deep might be a better way to put it I'm not hating, just waiting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.