Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#960 5 years ago

What the freak is that???

#969 5 years ago

Whew....thanks man......too many late nights ....looked like an alien or something.......

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well you'd be wrong, because I don't endorse that model. Sending in money for a game you've never even seen a photo of? Madness. You can't even tell me what it looks like! You've seen some 3D renders and a drawing, and nothing else. You don't know what they're using from the movie, what the screen embedded in the playfield will do. The designer quit because he didn't think the deadline was reasonable. Hell no would I endorse spending a dime on that *right now*.
After they show the game, sure. Awesome theme, a company that has a build under their belt, might work out. I'm not down on them at all. But it's way too early to call. And that's the whole point. Wait until they show their cards before you show them cash.

I respect your stance, and can't imagine your disappointment in recent events regarding DP, as I know you were very excited ( as a lot of Pinsiders). Freakin soap opera stuff, for sure. Yours is sound advise, and please know I'm just shedding my individual take on the Heighway scenario: Never preordered a pin before ( and may not again), but I viewed Alien in a completely different light.....

For me ( and could be wrong)....but believe Andrew when he stated it was more of a commitment to a theme ( machine) regarding the refundable deposit, vs. needing this as kickstart money. No way $1500 from a maximum of 500 pre orders is going to build a company, and I don't view Heighway as a " boutique" ( could be wrong again). No " hard sell" ever implied on his behalf( not even close).

I fully risked, of my own choice, $1500.00 to get a game that could be simply unobtanium in Asheville down the road. Alien is my dream theme for a horror based theme, and if I don't like it, I'll sell it.

If Heighway collapses ( has happened to bigger " real" companies, but I just don't see it)...I'll pursue a refund. If I lose, I lose. That said, I think a lot would have to be wrong with this machine for me not to enjoy it. Theme just too good. Company has already built a reasonable amount of other games ( the Bacardi thing).

I hope everything works out ( somehow) in the DP mess for those with vested interest...certainly have heard from one side, the other (2) will eventually surface, and the truth will be somewhere in between all of it. Just maybe... Phil gets his health, and the Pin gets made. ......mark

#1452 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

My lord, if you can't build a company on $750k, no one has ever built one. $750k will build a 20 million dollar company in less tha 3 years and a $100 million company in less than 6. I've seen it first hand.

No doubt.....started mine w $10k 17 years ago....guess my point - Heighway is already a Company, building machines, and don't believe if they needed the money, would have only asked for $1500.00, fully refundable, until your machine is made. Completely agree w Aurich, just giving my take on Alien....is what it is.....mark

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Of course you agree with me, I'm right!
I think the "dream theme" bit is still the real tough test. And hey, it's your money, do whatever you're comfortable with. It's just that with Alien I didn't see any indication that you wouldn't be able to just buy one later when they're done. So the incentive to get on the rollercoaster just seems to be missing to me. You're not getting extra chrome or a rug or a price break are you?

Ha...exactly why I agreed!!!

My incentive is the upfront $$$ not bad, only making 500 overseas, and not many roller coasters around here. But you got me thinking.....I'm going to have to have an Alien Barstool or I'm out!! ...mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Francisco, CA
€ 3.70
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 89.99
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 9.10
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside