image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I messaged my mom. She said if Barry has the time to answer one dude, he has the time to respond to a thread that is accessible anywhere on earth and the only known bulk avenue of communication to all of his customers. She also said to never pre order a game and to eat all my vegetables.

This must be your mom then....she is a sage for sure!

mommy.jpgmommy.jpg
#255 9 years ago

If Uni had an issue with the launch party in Oct, why have they not brought any action against DP at this point?

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I'm not defending the preorder model, but there's a difference when an established Stern does it versus ....

Stern has never produced anything like these TBL prototypes. Bowen has never made a video that captures the essence of a pinball machine before.. because there was no reason to. Look at his sh*t eating grin in the first few minutes of the video including rolling a strike! To think that Barry and Jaap who struck gold are going to let it all slip away is insane. This game has received the most press ever and somehow Universal is clueless as to what is going on with the license?

http://papa.org/2014/12/12/big-lebowski-pinball-machine-by-dutch-pinball/

#325 9 years ago

This has to be a record... fastest post to 300+ even though Phil accounts for 1/3 of that total.

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wonder what a TBL PROTO will be worth if this all falls apart?
Talk about unabtainium!

Forget the Proto... there are less DP T shirts in existence. Luckily I have one of them!

#351 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Things will looks a whole lot better in the light of day.
Not really a big deal.

KmIhbVZSsOGpq.gifKmIhbVZSsOGpq.gif
#353 9 years ago

This entire thread summarized in 8 seconds.

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

1296772229_2.jpg 13 KB

lawyer up boys.jpglawyer up boys.jpg
#398 9 years ago

Did someone say we need another Walter stat?

Oh-God-Walter-White-Freaks-Out-In-Breaking-Bad.gifOh-God-Walter-White-Freaks-Out-In-Breaking-Bad.gif
#406 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

I got in because they are my friends.

hello says kitty.gifhello says kitty.gif
#408 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

One thing you can't deny, pinball is entertaining.

Pardon me, but perhaps you forgot the word "Dutch" in your sentence?

#502 9 years ago

Better-Call-Saul.jpgBetter-Call-Saul.jpg
#1385 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

kaboom.jpg 68 KB

And ppl thought that LEDs were too bright.

#1416 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Christ, he was letting some guys get in on pre-orders with out collecting a dime.

I want to join that list of the few, the proud, the no money down preorder Achievers! If you don't have the $2.5K now during Expo are you telling me you will have 10K come April? Phil sounds more like a bankster not a marketing guru.

#1861 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

thats clearly not true do to the pot, gun, Kahlua, time mag...

I am sure the community will come up with replacement mods for these items. Not a deal killer IMO.

#1867 9 years ago

The downside is if you order when the game goes into production in Q2 then send 10K followed by a long wait till 2016 to see your machine.

#1869 9 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

Yep: the rug and chrome trim. But wasn't the pricetag lower for early pre-orders as well? Not sure about that.
The game is unlimited.

Yes price was $500 less for pre orders.

#1926 9 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

can someone please tell me, on what page of this novel is the DP response on?

Dear VIPs,

We want to reach out to you about the current situation involving the rumours on Pinside. We are aware of the thread and the worries over Dutch Pinball and The Big Lebowski project. It really hurts us that you are involved in this situation, which is something that should be settled in a professional, business manner. Unfortunately, we had no control over our customers being involved and we regret what is happening now. We want to assure you that we are very busy handling this situation privately and in the best possible way without discrediting anyone. As soon as we can share more information publicly, we will do so.

We know there has also been some recent speculation regarding the status of our very exciting pinball project and want to assure everyone that everything is under control without any problems. To that end, we have brought in Roger Sharpe, acclaimed licensing and marketing expert, to help us as we continue with our final approval process. Roger has extensive experience having worked on all of the Williams and Bally pinball licensing for over 12 1/2 years and his personal relationships with all of the movie studios ensures that we are right on target to bring everyone the best possible pinball product. Our apologies for any concerns that had been raised but know we are still on course and will continue to meet our deadlines and promises.

Please keep in mind that we are the guys that brought three awesome prototypes to Expo in October and to Modern Pinball NYC last weekend. We wouldn't been doing that if we had any bad intentions or wanted to defraud anyone. The only reason this is happening now is because of something that shouldn't be discussed publicly.

Again, we want to make an awesome game - and with this going on, we are even more motivated to do so.

We will answer all of your emails in the next couple of days/weeks, but we first need to deal with this situation and keep our focus on getting you your games.

Team Dutch Pinball

Dear VIPs,

We would like to inform you about the financial situation of Dutch Pinball USA, Inc.
Phil refunded some of you and tried to create panic on Pinside. For some he succeeded and we received demands for a refund. Others are fully confident in us (thank you very much!) and just want a great game.

Philip is 1/3 owner of Dutch Pinball USA, Inc. (1/3 is owned by Jaap and 1/3 is owned by Barry). Philip is the administrator of the accounts of Dutch Pinball USA, Inc. On December 2nd he blocked our accounts and we don’t have access anymore. That’s why we can only forward the demands for a refund to Phil (which is what we did). The refunds can only be done from the original destination of the transaction.

If you don’t feel comfortable with us, please ask for a refund. We will forward them to Phil.

If you want to keep supporting us, please stay. You won’t be sorry and we will get you a great game!

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Team Dutch Pinball

#1930 9 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

To clarify: I don't have a problem with the facts as they stand. I just need DP to stand up and say "We're responsible. We let this get out of hand. We're sorry. It gets better from here."
Naming Phil as the whole problem doesn't do it for me. Maybe it is mostly Phil's fault, but it doesn't matter now. They need to accept full ownership of the problem if they want to build confidence.

If you don’t feel comfortable with us, please ask for a refund. We will forward them to Phil.

Did you listen to the Nate's C2C podcasts? I am not sure what more you want!?!

Two episodes of relevance have just been uploaded.

#126 - What I thought after the NYC Modern Pinball Party and then speaking with Phil

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-126-a-very-complicated-case-maude-or-just-my-opinion-man_33980

#127 - Roger Sharpe joins us to talk TBL and licensing.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-127-a-timely-evening-with-roger-sharpe_33981

http://www.coast2coastpinball.com

#1937 9 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

I did. Nate is a great podcaster, and Roger is our patron saint. I don't think either of them are customers of Dutch Pinball. And I suspect both would agree that assigning blame is not the best course of action right now.

Where did DP assign blame? I must have missed that in one of the 1933 forum posts. I took their responses as professional and that they are moving foward in getting TBL out in a timely manner. Several pinsiders I PM'ed said that Barry responded to their specific questions over the past 2 days via email and that these folks are not asking for a refund at this time based on Barry's answers. How are DPs most recent actions not taking ownership of the situation?

#1951 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If they took ownership of the situation, I'd have a refund already. They basically just said "Sorry but Phil has to give you a refund"...which means my money is in limbo whether I get a refund OR stay involved.

Then Phil should give DP his PayPal password so refunds can be granted by the other partners. The other issue is only new orders (less than 45 days) were able to be processed by Phil. I emailed Phil 2x on Sunday asking for a refund and no response. In any case I am still on the pre-order list and plan on sending my 3rd payment on Dec 31st.

#1993 9 years ago

I wish we could nuke this thread and put it out of its misery before reaching 2K posts.

adam bomb this thread.jpgadam bomb this thread.jpg

#2003 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wow...talk about a waste of bandwidth.

and cyberspace of the interwebs.

1 week later
#2412 9 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

If you are still in on TBL, good for you, I hope it works out and you get your pin slightly earlier in the queue than you originally wanted, and you get to hold your head high as a True Believer™.
But for christ sake, quit shaming people who, for whatever reason, want DP to make good on their promise that they could get out at any time.

Help me please, the True Believers are holding a gun to my head... I feel so ashamed.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2415 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

DP is not one person. It is a team.

I bet this guy is not finishing the pre alpha game code but is instead logging onto Dutch CL looking at job postings since DP is sinking fast! LOL.

image-169.jpgimage-169.jpg
#2416 9 years ago

Well let me be the first to say If TBL does not get made then I am going to be the first to preorder The Pin VE

image-762.jpgimage-762.jpg

#2419 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Good point. Because great designs always make it to the market!
(Texted from the front seat of my '48 Tucker Sedan)

texting and driving.

#2630 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

What is longest thread in pinside history?
This one sure has potential.

It has some stiff comp next to Xmen at over 9250 posts and 186 glorious pages of reading X-citement!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men

1 month later
#3310 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Couldn't tell you what my machine # was, but I did my first two deposits back in July. But, regardless of that, what machine # you have shouldn't determine when or if you can get a refund if you request one. If you want a refund, you should get one, and you should get one in a timely manner, no questions asked. Plain and simple.
It's also nice to see all the downvote brigade of DP apologists are still out in full force. You can downvote the concerns of myself (and others) all you want, but it doesn't make our concerns any less valid.
I'm glad to see Don chiming in here, the first "official" DP presence here in almost 2 months. But, quite frankly, more promises (as opposed to more action) from DP, whether official or not, does nothing for me. I'm tired of hearing what DP is going to do about these refunds, talk is cheap. I wanted my money out of DP initially because I was worried the machine would not make it to production. I'm sure the game will be produced now, and NOW I want my money out because I no longer want to support a company like DP. If they would have dealt with all these problems in a more timely manner and provided the actual verified customers with more information along the way, then maybe they wouldn't have burned their bridges with me. Too little, too late.

Do you have any money riding on RAZA,MG, or Pred? Talk about lack of communication from those groups!!

#3319 9 years ago

And here it is:

"Ya see? Nothing is f*cked up here Dude. Nothing is f*cked."
Production updates

We will keep you posted!
Team Dutch Pinball

image1.JPGimage1.JPG

1 week later
#3443 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hmmm.. BOP 2.0 delivered, Roger Sharp got game approved, refunds being processed, I wonder what the critics bemoan next.

What about Don aka Burningman getting hired on?

#3445 9 years ago

True believers that never pulled out should get a free set of Geerts balls!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3551 9 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Dudes, you got rid of the pot leaf and pistol.... I'm out. Not going to pay for a mod to put it in after dropping 85hundo, parts of the movie I enjoyed.

Universal got rid of the pot leaf and gun, DP had to follow their orders.

Maybe you should suggest they come out with a Kid Cannabis themed pin.

#3553 9 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Hi Aurich
I have to correct you
My friend Lee buck is a good guy
And his details are accurate
Please be nice to him
Thank you

Lee_Buck_Top_Sales.jpgLee_Buck_Top_Sales.jpgLee-Buck-jax-beach.jpgLee-Buck-jax-beach.jpg

#3612 9 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Not a chance in hell will this game be shipping by Q2. Promise or no promise.

Sorry to break the bad news for ya, but the big freeze is coming in Q2.

hell-freezes-over.jpghell-freezes-over.jpg

#3627 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You guys honestly think that these will actually be shipping in 4 months?

I think Barry is on a mission to silence all the critics since Philgate, so yeah my guess he wants to prove the world wrong. In the end we will find out who the pinball amateurs really are

#3643 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm starting to think that Scott and I aren't going to sell one of our TBL glowing joint mods to eggbert52.

Send em up this way!

Alaska-Marijuana.jpgAlaska-Marijuana.jpg

#3650 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

They only have to get one out the door by June 30th to make good on the date. It could happen!

Nate's shipping prediction is 1 TBL, 2 Alien and then 3 Pred.

Go to 29:30

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-137-wrestling-with-trudeau-or-wonderful-wifi-10_40011

#3718 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hey, it's legal here in OR!

And here at midnight AKST.

http://www.mpp.org/states/alaska/a-summary-of-measure-2-an.html

Alaska Legalizes Marijuana

On November 4, 2014, Alaskans voted 53-47% to end decades of harmful and ineffective marijuana prohibition, and replace it with a system in which marijuana is taxed and regulated like alcohol.

The initiative allows adults 21 years of age and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana and grow limited amounts in private. Marijuana will be cultivated, tested, and sold by licensed, taxpaying businesses that require proof of age, instead of criminal enterprises in the underground market. The new law will take effect on Feb. 24. Read a summary of the law.

Thank you for helping us make history in Alaska! Passage of this initiative not only made Alaska the fourth state to regulate marijuana like alcohol (along with Colorado, Washington, and Oregon), but it will provide much needed clarity to the state’s current marijuana laws, which are complex and counterproductive. Congratulations to the Last Frontier and to everyone at the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol!

#3770 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I doubt the game is gonna happen, sad to say that, but it appears it's hard to make a pinball when it involves a license.

I think you had too much 420 or the pinball license you are reefer-ing to is Predetor.

#3795 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI: I'm flying into Chicago tomorrow. Dutch Pinball heard about my trip and has kindly invited me to visit them while in Chicago.
Doesn't sound like a company with anything to hide does it.

Only if they walk you through their North American base blindfolded!

#3796 9 years ago

Some interesting possible hidden messages in TBL.

#3805 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Careful, I hear there's a piss test.

I bet he requires hair samples instead.

#3817 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

As far as I can tell, all refunds have been issued and I do not believe there is anyone outstanding.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=litz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.