Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#616 4 years ago

Call me a skeptic but we only have half of the story....as far as I'm concerned this could have been resolved behind closed doors like gentlemen. However by outing the problems like this Phil may have killed off a promising new pinball company. Yes I get the fact they used stuff in the PROTOTYPE that were not approved...But did they sell any machines with the unlicensed stuff? All of this may have been able to get resolved, The actors' speeches could have always been added later by the owner after delivery too. I feel bad for these guys who put this thing together and now have to see it burned down to the ground.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The best part of this situation isn't a story about the issues, it's the story that a guy is giving back people their money!!!!!!! Regardless of why, it's the only comforting outcome

Bullshit...

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

Here's my take so far, I am hoping everyone will be ok and that this pin gets made but in the meantime, at least so far, Phil's the only one chatting with customers and answering questions (beyond that quick press release posted by a 3rd party)beyond that, Phil is also actively giving back funds and being fairly open about it. To me that speaks more to his character than the rest of this. Also I'm highly suspicious of the BoP development at this point as those quick screen grabs show it seriously behind and lacking funds.
Ash yourselves this, if the BoP project can have these kind of problems and not have enough funds to complete that they have to dip into other funds (possibly TBL from the looks of it) where's the next round of funds going to come from when this project needs them to be completed?

Great another newly minted identity weighing in.

#712 4 years ago

Pinside #1 place for pinball on the web, also for jumping to conclusions and stating the obvious.

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

No, it's because it isn't blackmail you idiot.

Depends how you're looking at it...get me out today or I'll yell "Fire" in the theater.

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I think you can... and I think they did... It might not be strictly legal, but if no-one notices it might not such a big problem if the issues are sorted out before the game hits production... unless a good friend publicises on a massive pinball forum, that might get it some attention
That's what I don't understand about Phil's words... he says the guys at DP are good friends, and he wishes them the best of luck and success at getting TBL made, but at the same time he seems to be doing everything in his power to trash the companies reputation by claiming publically that the main guy there is a thief... I can understand him getting worried about the legal implications of them not playing by the rules and wanting out, but if he genuinely wishes them success, why write such damning words on here that's going to help drive them into the dirt with their noses bleeding?

Thank you......^^^^^^^^^^^

Edit: These folks should go back and read the posts, a lot of "If", If they get pissed, if they pull the license, if they sue.....all of this license paranoia can be traced back to one pinball manufacturer loud mouth on here. To this day not one pinball guy has ended up in court or jail for license issues. All conjecture.

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

what you've done is an intentional character assassination w a obvious vendetta, all disguised as a Robin Hood scheme. me, nor my money will ever go anywhere near anything you're even slightly involved in, and I suggest that pinsiders follow my lead.
the real question is, how the hell did you get hired in the first place?!?

Bravo!

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

but at least the innocents are better off from it.

Just who are the guilty? DP used some money to pay for parts and travel etc... so what? It's a company they have to spend money to travel and promote the game, buy parts and stuff. So they bought parts for BoP 2.0, how's that stealing? He already stated he doesn't want any of the profits, to me that means they would have had enough money left to build the games. If this was all a scam how come BoP 2.0 customers got their kit after all the TBL money was already collected? The level of naivete on this forum is astounding. Most of you are no doubt very smart but you'd be killed in a competitive business.

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This statement is wrong. Only non-US customers have received their BOP 2.0. I for one am extremely concerned after reading this thread that I may never get my kit even after being told I would in another thread.

The reason is the invoice for the parts was not paid.

Post by no trash cougar yesterday:
The US games will be shipping with at least v1.09. As for finalizing the Bride code, I don't have a specific date, but we are actively working on it. We plan on making incremental updates as we progress through the rest of the project.

Right now, my number 1 priority is getting you guys your kits.

--Scott

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you are going to direct a post at me - you should stick to things I've actually said.
- Declaring some innocent (buyers) does not define who are the guilty. So I didn't declare anyone guilty with that line
- Where did I say stealing? That's right, I didn't
- Company assets are not a personal slush fund to just reallocate like your personal piggy bank. There are accounting implications on what and where money is associated with.

Where are all the US kits again? And again... where did I say this was some scam?

The logic and comprehension level of some who elevate themselves is astounding.

I've come to realize you just like to argue. Ride that light cycle into my ignore list.

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Looking at the big picture and best case scenario does anyone realistically think that TBL will ever get made?

On a positive note I hope so....so far there is nothing here except a disgruntled employee's posts. All of the issues outed here are surmountable.

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

"We did everything in our power to settle issues in a normal way with Phil." Well, someone is bullshitting

Yep..thank you brah....and I repeat we've only gotten one side of it.

#1288 4 years ago

This one is for you light cycle guy....

giphy.gif

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

Mistakes have been made. There's still hope this can get sorted out. I don't think there are any bad guys--just people dealing with real human problems. Barry is correct--none of this should have been handled in public. But Phil is also correct--they're asking too much of him right now. Let's step back and breathe for a while.

Yep..good post, a lot of unnecessary publicity for a personal or personnel problem. I'm confident it will get sorted.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

You want back in, get in the back of the line, pay your $9,000, (if thats the price then) and you will get a machine. I would not expect any kind gestures from DP to those who are non-believers, and it will piss me off if DP is a nice guy to all of those who had no faith in them.

Remind Barry some of us didn't grab the torch and pitchfork at the first sign and tried to inject some sense into the lynch mob.

#1671 4 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

Today he finally writes back, "Please stop posting on Pinside. You are harming the business (which includes yourself). We made you an offer on December 4 (see attachment) and are waiting for your reply."

I guess Barry thinks he's harmed the business some what. Also according to the facts (and not guesses) he had an offer at least 12 day prior to this public melt down.

#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Phil said this, you can still see it in this thread:
Barry had taken the €60,000. Jaap and I realized that we had no choice but to put back the money ourselves. I started buying parts from all over the world on my credit cards. Shipped stuff on my personal fedex account. all to cover his theft.
So I don't think Pinside is applying any twist... Theft is the word he used.

Booyah!

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Phil posted the full text of the communication, as well as a screen shot of that "offer".
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/22#post-2107341
https://img-f.pinside.com/201412/2107341/332384.png
The offer was (paraphrasing here):
"It seems unlikely you will find an american to take over DP-USA, so we feel it will be *easiest* if you just stay in charge of DP-USA, continue taking pre-order money until feb 1, 2015, Pay any invoices that we send you from said pre-order funds, and then after we build and deliver said games, only THEN we will dissolve DP-USA and let you out."
So that was the "Offer" Phil got on dec 4. Barry though Phil, a disgruntled partner who just wanted out, would accept staying on the hook for all the liability the company had created (and was continuing to create through Feb 1, 2015), and was fine leaving him in charge of the DP-USA funds for the duration. Because it was easier than letting him go and going through the process of removing him from the company.
Unless Phil doctored the email image we have, or there was some other offer on dec 4, or he was not truthful about Barry's first communication to him after all this started, we are left with the impression that Barry still thought this was a viable solution AFTER Phil started making good on his threat to go public with all the dirty laundry.
To me, he gave what I think was a very foolish "offer" and then called Phil's bluff when he found it unacceptable and issued his ultimatum. Then After Phil made good on his threat, Barry asked him to stop and reference that dec. 4 offer as still valid, despite the ample evidence that there is no way that would work anymore, if ever. The only thing that got Phil to stop was actually taking the action he wanted in the first place (as evidenced by corporate ownership changes occurring in wyoming or wherever they are incorporated), which means Barry made a very bad bet and lost.

And that's why you should never jump to conclusions when you only have one side of the story, regardless of what you think about the offer, they were trying to mend things and come up with a solution to the problem.

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

According to the documentation we have (mainly provided by one side)

OK..you got me.

#2002 4 years ago

Wow...talk about a waste of bandwidth.

#2138 4 years ago

You know maybe should put this monster thread on ice for a while too...it's the like a reel to reel tape, every angle has been covered ad nasuem. At least till some one posts a new development in this saga.

#2173 4 years ago

Yeah, the movie is about series of flaps due to a mistake. Hmm, funny how art imitates life or should I say life imitates art...

1 week later
#2444 4 years ago

Props to them for throwing something to the hairy balls club...I guess there is going to be an LE after all.

#2489 4 years ago

Enough already..this is pinball for chrissakes. WTF!

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Until something new surfaces, I suggest we stop feeding the angry spectators.
Their boredom and down right unpleasantness they're projecting on the thread is not good for anyone no matter what the outcome and really they do not have any inside knowledge so what's the point?
Just to see themselves type? Time will tell and either they are right or wrong, but my money's on them being wrong.
@Curtis - your concern is very valid, I hope you update as that develops.

Come on dude, we can't let the terrorists win....

2 weeks later
#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Yeah I don't know how many times I have to say this, but

Please make it the last time...Pretty please?

3 weeks later
#3309 4 years ago

Well...before the good news gets lost in the usual crap, I'd like to say this is awesome news. The project looks to be heading in the right direction post "Meltdown" now. BOP 2.0 is shipping too, so all is left is to process the refunds to these guys and get on with the games.

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Typical passive aggressive anonymous internet bullshit. Some people have a need to bully others, beat their wife, demean their kids, etc. They live their lives this way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

1 week later
#3440 4 years ago

Hmmm.. BOP 2.0 delivered, Roger Sharp got game approved, refunds being processed, I wonder what the critics bemoan next.

#3471 4 years ago

images.png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
Operation Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside