image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#63 9 years ago

I got a refund also, I sent Barry an email. I don't see a way to resubmit payment without it wanting to charge me the 9 grand instead of the early preorder price with the extras. I guess I'll just sit on the money and wait for a response.

#105 9 years ago

Do any of you know if that's supposed to be an immediate charge back to your credit or debit card through PayPal with a refund? Only reason I asked is the card I originally used was compromised a couple weeks ago so I updated my PayPal with the new card number they sent out and my bank account isnt showing a refund processing on account details. It seems that money may be sitting in PayPal limbo because my PayPal account isnt showing $4500 in available funds.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

It'll probably post in a couple of business days to your bank account. I imagine they'll trace your account and deposit to your new one.

Cool thanks.

#121 9 years ago

Seems Phil is acting like an idiot. Disgruntled ex-employee, I wouldn't hire this guy after this mess.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

I have been asking Barry and Jaap to find someone to take over Dutch Pinball USA Inc since November 1. As you can all imagine, having MY social security number on this company and its PayPal account puts me in a very uncomfortable position.

You're dragging customers into your mess, shoulda thrown your dirty laundry out the car window Walter style.

#163 9 years ago

How do you know this is true?

#167 9 years ago

Why would you put your own money into a company you didn't own a part of? Sounds shady to me.

#174 9 years ago

By the sound of these problems, Im guessing TBL will never make it to production if what Phil is saying is true.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Maybe for the same reason we are all putting money in a company were not part of, cuz we believe in something

Its not even in the same realm, we are putting money into a company for a product, what product is Phil set to receive?

#183 9 years ago

The most promising looking machine in a while and it will probably never see the light of day.

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

What makes you think that your money is any less safe than it was yesterday?
Companies...not just pinball companies use their assets to fund projects. This is no different.
All that has really happened is someone decided to send deposits back that were not requested.

If what Phil is saying is true, my money is safer today then yesterday because its in my PayPal account.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm assuming there was enough money in the account when you pushed payment refund via PayPal? Since these payments were "deposits".
I requested a refund over a week ago and I don't care what anybody else does. I want my $$$!

I hope you get your money back ice, man what a mess.

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

I asked them to please take over, you'll have full access to paypal, customer lists, and I'll keep my mouth shut.
I won't even tell Gary or Jack my idea of using a machine as a jukebox. Plugging in a USB with music, and using the flippers to forward and reverse, having the machine light up to the beat.

Cool idea

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

I asked them to please take over, you'll have full access to paypal, customer lists, and I'll keep my mouth shut.
I won't even tell Gary or Jack my idea of using a machine as a jukebox. Plugging in a USB with music, and using the flippers to forward and reverse, having the machine light up to the beat.

So when the game was brought to expo you and dutch pinball didn't have the approval of universal to advertise the machine in its current state? So how many items on the playfield have not been approved?

#231 9 years ago

I wanted this game so bad, this is a travesty.

#248 9 years ago

R.I.P. Pre-order 2014

#282 9 years ago

Why would DP make a mention about not having the rights to use kahlua when they supposedly never had the rights to using John Goodman in the game? We really need to hear the other side to this story.

Edit: I just seems odd to fret over kahlua when the supporting actor of the movie never approved.

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

I'm staying in as well since I really would only preorder a game with money I can afford to lose. And who knows? Maybe it will all work out? Either way, I'm not risking my house payment or food on the table for my kids so I'll sleep fine tonight!

MsxsV29.gifMsxsV29.gif

#301 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

KC was that the deck of the Titanic?

Yeah he said he was staying aboard.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Cause that wasn't claimed by Phil; I think what can be interpreted from what he said was the assets provided by universal for john goodman was all there was going to be.. they apparently had no relationship with him anymore so they weren't going to go to John for new approvals. They said they could go get specific approvals for new art assets for the rest of the actors.

Oh I see, thanks for the clarification.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah this has me a little worried but I'm in for now. I still have the last payment in April left, so I've got 7k at risk here.. not great, but this is a dream theme. I realize Phil has concerns about licensing and what happens if universal gets pissed off enough to pull the license. That's real ; the rest I'm not sure belonged out on the internet. It seems Phil wants to destroy them now.. him posting an email address to somebody at universal.. that seems too far.. I can only imagine that even if everything was 100% fine before.. a bunch of crazed pinball nerds emailing this woman would now put the license in jeopardy.. so, yeah.. Phil went too far in my opinion and seems to be wanting there to be a run on the bank now.. even though i think everything he mentioned could have been worked through eventually (and I still hope it does).

If you missed it he also blew the top on what I assume is DP's second game, Back to the future. This is gonna be a tough mess to clean up.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I guess if Phil was concerned about pushing the license into "illegal" territory why did he go along with it so longm. Its a little late now after his name is on everything and he is the one at expo showing everything and his names on all the emails. And with the tirade, and posting universal contact info, it is now more likely than less likely there now will be a issue vs theoretical. So.. Yeah .. Just unprofessional.. And an attack.

This is where im scratching my head. I think back to jareds video on the dp seminar and Phil was spouting how they have the license to all the songs and content seems like a disgruntled employee to me, correct me if I'm wrong.

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

We already have this wireless juke box mod for any CPU based pinball machine Pinnovators Pin Tooth mod
Lol
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

Really? Does it do the sound activated lights? Sounds cool.

#443 9 years ago

The PayPal deal at 180 days is only on purchases after November 18, so only 45 days on most who have made payments pre 11/18

#446 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Plugs in bypasses the audio from the pc. Bluetooth connection plays music from ur phone or iPod through the game... We sold a couple dozen and stopped making them for a while.. Will get back to them later this spring.

Sounds cool, what price and would it work on acdc?

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Not currently.. We designed it for jjp games or pic based... Doesn't mean we can't do stern. Just not ready too

Well if I stay in on the hobbit I may be interested in one.

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ya there's a video of me using the pin tooth on my Facebook pages
Pinnovators on Facebook. If u want to see it work.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

Ill check it out, thanks. Im still in on hobbit right now se #7?

#766 9 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

You guys seem to forget that DP is not just Barry, it's 2 guys: Barry and Jaap. I assume they need to talk to each other about a proper reaction.
Maybe some of you are too damn busy setting up this lynch party that you stopped reading here, so I'll just type it for the third time, this time in capitals:
JAAP JUST BURIED HIS MOTHER YESTERDAY AND BARRY IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET FROM HIM.
Maybe this puts things a little bit in perspective when it comes to giving these guys some time to react to this raving lunatic...

Yeah its the customers fault... Mmmmkay

#775 9 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

oh my god, this is fucking unbelievable...

Its unbelievable that im taking a stand for the customers you're berating because they want their money back on this whole mess? You're taking my comment out of context, I am in no way saying anything about the death of a family member.

#780 9 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

Well, yes you are!! I just told you the reason why an answer might be a bit longer than you paranoid guys might expect it and you just turn it around, saying "it's the customers fault?". You are TOTALLY turning my words around and you're not even seeing it yourself. That's plain pathetic...

Whatever dude, us customers aren't forming a lynch mob, we are scrambling to recover thousands of dollars from this mess of a pinball company. I've read all your posts, im not turning your word's around. Expecting people to be chill and sit tight and making it seem like we are paranoid, overreacting, or just plain crazy for not waiting to hear the other side of the story is a terrible idea. The way I see it, get your money back then wait for a response from the other side cause that money may not be there tomorrow.

#792 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

If they're short on resources, I hope they're smart enough to seek out a bigger partner.
Maybe they should talk to Heighway Pinball.

That would be a good idea, but go astep further, combine DP with Heighway, Skit-B and any other small pin company and combine resources and make a powerhouse. Sounds awesome but highly unlikely. There is a lot of creative minds in those groups.

#810 9 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I am still taking preorders on my Ghostbusters pin. I have had none yet and announced it multiple times for $8500 up front. I have a heart next to my name.

Can I pay cash?

#812 9 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

So what happened here??? I was up late last night reading this thread post by post up to about page 10 then when to sleep. Did Dutch pinball make any other comments about the situation?
Rob

Still no response from dp

#1440 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

kaboom.jpg 68 KB

It's just a fuse.

#1466 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Sorry Brian...I got a refund from Phil as well and resubmitted it back on my pre-order page. I am making reference to guys that are bailing because of the allegations going on/sky is falling mentality. If you are asking for a refund because you can't take the heat...then you need to get in the back of the line. If you are only doing what you were told to stay in, welcome to the Big Hairy Sack Club.
This will all get straightened out. Barry will be working the e-mail's over the next few weeks. DP wants you to stay in, and anyone on the pre-order list that are making their payments are good.

Im in a bit of a bind regarding my pre-order, I was refunded my money back to paypal without requesting it so those funds immediately said refund processed on paypal, that is going to a debit card that was compromised a couple of weeks ago but listed under credit cards on paypal(not debit card, because its easier to add it to the account that way in paypal) so I received the new debit card added to paypal under credit cards and now those refunded funds are sitting in limbo for possibly up to 30 days. Even if I want to stay in on TBL I wont have the funds available now, so this whole thing is a big clusterf@#k.

I also need to see a little more and also have some kind of reassurance that my money is safe(not sure thats even possible). I get your passion for this project and I would love to see it made but I was sold on a game that we all just found out could be completely different from what DP and Phil sold us at Expo. The least of my worries is the place in line I keep, you can have game #1 for all I care but this company has done nothing to build confidence. If anything they should be extending payments to a later date until they get this whole thing straightened out and make the price $8500 period and get rid of the 9k price tag.

There is also the question of whats gonna happen with all the US buyers? Are we now gonna get screwed on shipping and exchange rates? That wasn't what I was sold and it is sounding like DP USA is gonna be absolved and also our deposits are going overseas now, what recourse do we have if we want to get a refund? Does it change everything or nothing? These are the questions I have.

#1676 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Good luck securing any recourse against a Dutch company if DP USA goes away and not re formed. I'd want to have a US domiciled entity if I was a US customer sending in $$$.

This is the biggest question that needs to be answered for me as a US buyer.

#1684 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

we can talk about the first item another time. You are certainly welcome to call BS and would have plenty of support for that. And while I would agree the timing was not great on the NYC thing and to be honest I don't know the details on that event were. Obviously marketing and sales are still a key activity and not sure if they had to step into that event due to Phil leaving, and I certainly can't say if that event warranted them being away. Regardless, not sure why both Barry and Jaap and to be there. However, they may have other reasons to be in the States, relative to other issues, suppliers and possibly even trying to address the Dutch Pinball USA issues.
I guess I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt right now.

That event was specifically set up because of the Dutch Pinball cancelation of the show in Texas. Was it necessary? No, did DP want to make up for the cancelation? Yes.

#1753 9 years ago

To Phils credit he quit 6 weeks ago.

#1759 9 years ago

Phil never owned part of the company, I believe he stated as much somewhere in this shitstorm of a thread.

#1766 9 years ago

This was my question: Why would you put your own money into a company you didn't own a part of? Sounds shady to me.

Phil's response: I did it because they were my friends. I told them on day one that I would even work for them for free.

Maybe im misunderstanding but Phil's mistake was putting his social security number on a PayPal account for DP USA.

#1843 9 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

No of course not.
Only US citizens(?) with paypal payments from within the last couple months got a refund.
Foreigners or everyone else was safe from the actions of Phil.

I know I got an unrequested refund but my funds are on a 30 day hold to go back to my card and I sent an email to Barry about the situation and the fact that I now won't have the funds to stay back in till well after the 3rd payment but he hasn't responded yet. I'm sure he is swamped with emails so I'll try and stay patient.

#1999 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I got an auto refund on Saturday but the refund has a hold on it, I need to call my CC company today and figure out what's going on. I emailed Barry this morning to tell him my situation.

I did the same, its on a 30 day hold, I can't stay in if the funds are on hold. Hopefully Barry gets back to me soon.

#2041 9 years ago

I think at this point no one cares about the license stuff, it's all about the money. "Where's the f**kin money Lebowski? Where's the f**kin money sh*thead?"

#2049 9 years ago

I'd think now is a good time to initiate a thread eject mods.

#2142 9 years ago

2014-12-18-18-35-10-763106873.jpeg2014-12-18-18-35-10-763106873.jpeg

1 week later
#2473 9 years ago

This letter did nothing for me to alleviate the panic, I think it's crazy to ask for the next payment. That ship has sailed for me, if they wanted more people to stay in and also more to sign on then they would have had it be a half down deposit and no further payments till it shipped or in production. That's my opinion. Also the plaque is a joke, we need reassurance that everyone that asked for a refund will receive one and a time line to follow. There were questions I asked that went unanswered and that itself was enough for me to wait and not resubmit my payment. I received an unauthorized refund from Phil and that money won't go back to my account for a couple more weeks and if I wanted to stay in I'm forced out because of Dutch pinball. So for me it's safe to say I'm more than likely out for good. A rug, chrome and plaque is not worth the uncertainty.

#2590 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I will say, I do like that DP sent out a communications including clarification on the license, music and John Goodman. Only bummer is still working out DP USA refunds and FAQ (while great idea) did not address what if I want to wait before sending in next payment past Jan 1st until you get more answers for us?
Step in right direction, but plaque is just too funny.

Yeah they need to get with it and address the last part of your post. I sent an email a couple days ago and received no response. The fact of the matter is because of Phil sending me an unauthorized refund (thanks Phil, sincerely) the funds are still about 2 weeks out to hit my account so I was forced into a position of not being able to be completely paid up on the preorder until a couple weeks from now. Do I lose my place in line? If I decide to stay in do I now have to pay 9k instead of 8500 and also lose out on the preorder bonuses? Maybe this is a blessing and I should stay out? Why can't DP come to pinside and have a Q and A with it's customers and figure out a new preorder model and answer the concerns of the people that are investing in them?

The only benefit of the preorder for me is the $500 savings and if I have to pay 9k I more than likely will never own TBL. You have to draw a money line somewhere. I'm guessing this post will fall on deaf ears and I'll be sitting here scratching my head wondering if DP will ever answer our concerns.

#2591 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

When I got my refund from paypal I sat in the sidelines and read many of these posts.
I love the game, love what DP is doing with this project but in good conscience I can't risk the money. B/Not to mention the game isn't going to be much deeper in the rules as it is I was told at expoB/. The lower bowling alley, Jesus quotes and movie quotes will carry it so far.
I took the money and got a Judge Dredd and Flintstones. At least I get a bowling alley and Goodman with that

image.jpg 183 KB

image-475.jpg 224 KB

So the code is very near completion from the version that was at expo? If this is true I wasn't that impressed with the code in the video I saw.

#2596 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It was pre-alpha or about as Stern ships new games

That's what I figured also but the post I quoted from mnpinball threw me for a loop unless I misunderstood him.

#2620 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a post I cant leave unanswered. I have heard Barry state in earlier days that TBL was going to have a deep ruleset. So I checked with Barry in person this morning again and he repeated this and doesnt understand how the story of a shallow ruleset has come to life. As with more forumtalk it just isnt true.
So, deep ruleset it is direct from DP and not via friends

Thank you for asking directly, I was a bit put off by that comment and its good to know they plan on making the game deep.

#2672 9 years ago

I believe they are still trying to situate the DP USA branch that way they can get the ball rolling on refunds. It's not a quick process apparently.

1 week later
#2906 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorf:

All of you guys are "FAT" geeks ..You live in mommas basement in Kentucky...........

Says the guy with the name Gorf and an avatar of Darth Vader. Pot, kettle and all that shit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.