Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

I’m sure some corners were cut

Too many corners for me.

I almost felt for TBL. I was that close. The Papa video was convincing. (Were I Papa, I would actually remove that video until things get sort out)

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Although it might be fun to think of Kahlua as being a tiny Mexican company, they are actually owned by the monster Pernod Ricard company that controls the entire world of spirits. Absolute, Beefeater, Chivas Regal, Jameson, Seagrams.....it's all owned by the French.

This! And do not Piss the Frenchs. Ever!
Or...
... we piss on your rug!

Very undude, I know

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

While we've only heard one side to this story, the fact that barry and Jaap aren't coming on here to defend themselves implies guilt does it not? If these were lies, wouldn't they want to defend themselves?

I would not conclude that. They are probably consulting legal advice before making any statement. That's what I would do anyway (for both sides).

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Makes me feel a little better, but they have not answered Phil's allegations yet. You think after everything said, they would have defended themselves against Phil's claims if they were not true.

Again - I assume they got legal advice not to comment on this.
Not trying to defend DP at all costs (because from what I read Phil has good reasons to be pissed off) but their answer makes sense to me. But I have no horse in that race so you are entitled to be less lenient.

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from sacd:

I want the game to be made, so I'll remain in

Kudos to you.
I know exactly where you stand, because that what I did with Predator. And yes, there was some drama around this game as well...

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from Benboogaard:

Don't get me wrong, but the American's got screwed by an american, not by the dutch!

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

I never had a doubt that the pin does not get made

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Does anyone actually take the time to update thier collection on pinside?

It's a bit simpler when you have 6 pins instead of 47

#2531 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

On top of not letting him loose, they developed an unhealthy communication and relation with him. Ignoring inquiries and setting up an alternative Paypal-account under Phils name (phil@ e-mail they took control over). This is bad! Who wouldn't scream it out loud all over the place if somebody was doing business impersonating them.

I forgot about that one!
I would have become berserk had they done that to me.

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

No status level. Participatory! I want to talk to folks involved.

Would you consider me worthy for this thread, then? Here is the context:

- I am a TBL fan

- I was on the original "virtual TBL" wish list.

- I did not join the pre-order list as
i) I was - still is - overcommitted elsewhere
ii) I was not so convinced by the information given by DP. If you remember the initial website, the only clear information provided at that time was the prepayment plan...
iii) I am unconvincing about the lower PF lastability.

- I almost jumped in after the PAPA video. Yeah, it was that good... (so good I would argue that this video looks like a "commercial" - not built like other PAPA video I saw)

- I chickened out after the Refund / Phil / DP-US affair. Rather fortunate for my bank account as I would not have been capable of raising enough money in time.

- I might buy the game at a later stage. Probably not NIB.

So... Am I legit?

1 week later
#2788 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I'm pretty sure Phil took out way too much money for his own salary, expenses, etc..
and DP is shell-shocked by it., they didn't know before, but after the %$&t hit the fan, they thought, "oh god no"...and reality set in..and then when they see the balance in the DP USA account..(at some point)..it's OMG?

So, now, they are in the "he's stollen 100,000 of dollar's phase,. and what can we do about it phase?

Most insulting statement in that thread so far.

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorf:

You live in mommas basement in Kentucky...........

Something's wrong with KY? My best pal lives there. Did not notice his Momma last time I visited him.

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Says the guy with the name Gorf and an Avatar of Darth Vader.

LOL

2 weeks later
#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

The French also have their fair share of pin-heads... for some reason the French seem to gravitate towards Gottliebs...

Excellent joke! Er... no.
Or this is an alternative France. Stargate is considered a good game in France, but the other GTB...
(well, Gottlieb made great EMs).

As in any other country, you have the WMS/Bally fans vs recent Sterns fans.

1 week later
#3560 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I requested a refund and planned to refuse it once they offered it. It was a test and completely warranted in my view, although would have been better to do nothing like you said. But understand that DP resents people for requesting a refund. They are holding a grudge. I caught them before my refund wen through and told them to forget the refund and they told me to forget TBL. That's right, no soup for you!! They had my money all year and now I'm not good enough. It's kind of funny in a way. NO SOUP FOR YOU. BACK OF THE LINE INFIDEL. I think the machine is going to be awesome. I really do. How else do you justify the utter arrogance that DP exhibits at every turn?

The only excuse for DP would be if you add insulting comments when asking for a refund.
Otherwise...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 1,400.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jlm33.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside