Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hensbrooker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2175 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

As far as I know the first ordering VIP's were informed that Q2 would be the start of things. Means anywhere between april/June I guess . Anyone after oktober I would assume Q3 and so on..
Of course things could be delayed a little , its not like nothing has happened as of late ..

You knock the nail on it's head!

#2229 4 years ago

My next payment is send ready too!

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

Bullshit!!! Why don't these guys go out an mortgage their homes, cash in all their savings, get personal loans, get business loans, do what most people do who are passionate and want to start up a business.
They choose this route because it is an easy road to go. Announce a machine with nothing more than an idea and maybe a few sketches and ask for money. Easy as pie, there's no bankers to deal with, no quarterly or annual statement to provide to anyone and they don't need to risk their homes or savings. It's a sweet, sweet deal for a start up a company with this model.
I don't care if it costs millions to start a pinball company. This form of financing places the majority of risk on the backs of the pre-buyers and very little risk on the builders. Of the current manufacturers, only Spooky and Stern have a model I respect.
QSS

Even more bullshit! As far as I know DP did not just announce a pinball machine and obligated pre-orders to come in to have the machine actually made. No one is/was forced to make a pre-order and by doing so making the final product possible. I do believe that even without any upfront pre-orders TBL got made anyway!

- That doesn't make it utmost convenient that there are enough nutheads doing so...

1 week later
#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

Just paid the fifth payment.

Me too.

1 week later
#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I personally am not saying the sky is falling. I think this company has promise and a good shot to make one of the best pins. All I am saying is that it should not be the customers who suffer from their mismanagement. I do not see how anyone, including barry himself can say otherwise. Take funds, even if it is personal funds, and process these refunds. Its no ones fault but their own that this has been the debacle it has been. All of these would be cool and chill if in fact they could process refunds. I could care less about all the other bs of how the company is doing, who owns it, where the licensing is, etc. I was in for that from day one, I knew there would be bumps in the road, delays, changes etc, but what I did not sign up for is for them to royally mess up and put my money into a state that it could not be refunded as promised. Bottom line, DP is to blame, as stated before, when we made our payments we made them to DP per the website. DP, Barry, whoever it takes process our refunds and most of us will still be on board to support you. There is literally not one reason this can not be done other than they do not have the financial backing to process the refunds, its plain and simple folks.

You draw conclusions while you don't know shit! You gave your opinion already, dude. No reason to keep on.

- Btw... I think a lot of you act real un-dude here...

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

As do you, unless you want to share some shit you know?

Sorry... Can't say anything. But my advice would be to stay confident and stay in... You won't be disappointed at all!

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

The situation presented is one of dysfunction.
It is obvious that there are financial difficulties. There can not be 2 companies representing DP.
The lack of communication from DP is glaring.
This is a gone dead train.
I went through an almost 3 year wait with JJP., I was lucky, they were lucky. Never again pre-order.
It is obvious DP is dead in the water.
Get your money back if you can. By the way, I have not ordered this game, nor do I own it etc for the peanut gallery. Nor do I have any conspiracies.
Just good money money management.

- That's just your opinion man...

#2884 4 years ago

A LOT of posts here are assumptions presented as facts...

So before you all continue can anyone get for example get these figures straight:

1. How many (factual) pre-orders have been made up to date?
2. How many (factual) asked for a refund due to Phil-gate?

- There are a lot more important ins-and-outs, but how can anyone come to any conclusion on DP's (financial) situations without at least those two numbers present?!? So please let me know where I can find those figures, otherwise it's better to "Shut the f*ck up, Donny!".

#2893 4 years ago

I really hope the by black tape masked kalua bottle makes it into the final game!

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

images.jpg 7 KB

"No Boozemarlin, you're not wrong! ... You're an asshole!"

State corrected -> You're wrong too.

#2932 4 years ago

It's amazing how many Trolls are among you try to derail this (and other) treads time after time again.

So far DP has done an amazing job. I mean they came with an amazing looking pinball machine, in a short notice. The marketing campaign was top notch and the most important; they seem to have met their own deadline so far! That can't be said of some other manufacturers!

- production is scheduled for next April... I see not why that deadline can't be met.

And for all of you refunders -> instead of "scream kill and fire" (Dutch saying) pick up the phone and call Barry or email him. He's a very nice and approachable guy. There will probably be an understandable explanation...

1 week later
#3108 4 years ago

@sd_tom :
Those guys who comment the use of songs in pinball have indeed a GOOD point. It really had my approval if DP would integrated such idea on TBL!

And BTW... They clearly do NOT comment on the fact licensed songs are used as you suggest! But just the way how...

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

It's February..............

That means production should start within 2 months

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Good guess, I'm guessing that 80 people are going to guess this and tell us about their guesses about guesses that have been in the last 60 pages of posts. Lets see what it says and speculate on it after.
I guess that's my thoughts anyway

#3168 4 years ago

While speaking the guys from DP a while ago there was mentioned those stars would be lit...

- Hope that makes it in the final version!

#3276 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Couldn't tell you what my machine # was, but I did my first two deposits back in July. But, regardless of that, what machine # you have shouldn't determine when or if you can get a refund if you request one. If you want a refund, you should get one, and you should get one in a timely manner, no questions asked. Plain and simple.
It's also nice to see all the downvote brigade of DP apologists are still out in full force. You can downvote the concerns of myself (and others) all you want, but it doesn't make our concerns any less valid.
I'm glad to see Don chiming in here, the first "official" DP presence here in almost 2 months. But, quite frankly, more promises (as opposed to more action) from DP, whether official or not, does nothing for me. I'm tired of hearing what DP is going to do about these refunds, talk is cheap. I wanted my money out of DP initially because I was worried the machine would not make it to production. I'm sure the game will be produced now, and NOW I want my money out because I no longer want to support a company like DP. If they would have dealt with all these problems in a more timely manner and provided the actual verified customers with more information along the way, then maybe they wouldn't have burned their bridges with me. Too little, too late.

If you can't stand the heat, you never should have come close to the kitchen...

#3312 4 years ago

In the beginning DP got praised for NOT getting involved (just read) in all the pinside crap... Like now there came a good update, but of course the vibe has turned again below sub zero. Thanks to some of you...

I'm glad they still communicate they way they are communicating! Happy baller'

1 week later
#3393 4 years ago

Great to hear this hurdle has been taken...

- To quote a very wise man: "Nothing is fucked here, Dude!".

#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I am still in but not really wanting to put my money back in till we get some solid information.

Last NSNL was pretty solid or am I wrong?

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

where exactly did I do anything wrong?

By posting the tune of all the posts you posted in this thread...

Damn... some were crying about assumptions (bankruptcy and so on??) presented like facts. I think those of you who did (and asked for refunds) should get their refund and accordingly lose the spot + additions. Wanna go back?! Sure... than for full price and without the extras.

1. Who stayed in all along -> get the "Early Achievers Edition".

2. Who got unrequested refunds -> get the "Early Achievers Edition" and keep spot.

3. Who asked for refunds themselves somewhere along the road -> get your money back and see you later, alligator!

- Well, that's my 2 cents.

#3589 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

My take on DP forcing refunds on people who requested them is a bit of an echo of comments already made: maybe there were specific people who were not particularly pleasant to DP when asking for the refund.... Clearly DP wanted to give these people a refund, since they are now demonstrating this by adamantly doing so... so the allegations that DP were 'refusing' to issue refunds and basically behaving like ass-holes was, I imagine, pissing DP off (it would certainly piss me off if I was being attacked for not issuing refunds if my hands were tied at that moment). We now know that it was not a 'refusal' to give refunds, but an inability! I imagine that these 'aggravating' people, who were also probably fueling the fire of fear on Pinside, are simply no longer welcome as customers of DP... I can understand their ethical take on the situation... I mean, imagine this... you have something to sell... a potential buyer tells you you're an ass-hole for several weeks on a public forum, and then at the end says: OK, can I buy what you're selling? My reaction would be to give them the middle finger... I would feel like I'm selling out to my personal integrity if I continued to deal with them to be honest...
I can imagine that other people who were more understanding and sympathetic and merely requesting a refund out of fear (the victims of the fueled fire if you like) would be more welcome as customers... Has anyone here NOT made threatening requests for a refund (but a request non-the-less) and been offered the place in line?
Just my 2 cents-worth...

Well... That's about spot on!

I do think too if you were requesting a refund in silence after Phil-gate started (meaning without publicly throwing shit around without knowing what's going on for a fact) I know with certainty Barry would give you a warm welcome to come back again!

#3733 4 years ago

Isn't tiltwarn PinballSlave a little bit hypocritical and childish?

- You made me smile Pinballslave!

1 week later
#3788 4 years ago

I have a slight feeling the chance you're wrong is about 98,76%...

#3815 4 years ago

Hey RTR... I really wonder who are the drop out (non-believers) of your list. Any time to sort it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 3.70
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 92.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hensbrooker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside