image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1881 9 years ago

I've read enough of this to know this and say just this...

I agree with those that have said that it was irresponsible for DP to not have an exit plan in place for any one particular member with something this complex. In the little business that I run, we call it the "bus" plan.

If I get run over by a bus, my partner knows what should happen with the business.

This doesn't mean that there is any problems with the project itself by the way, but as others said, I hate the crowdfunding idea for things like this because I don't see the business plan up front, and I'm essentially buying into it like I do. No matter what the intentions, it is only so long before some company completely burns it's customers by doing things this way, and the pinball world is currently full of way too much of it. If DP went belly up (and I'm NOT saying that they will) and couldn't refund the money, how would everyone feel?

#1888 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Agreed. Phil very likely is denying access to the account. That is where DP euro needs to step up, whether through the courts and an injunction or mediation. In the end Phil exposed weaknesses in their corporate structure that need immediate rectification to instill trust. Before all this, the perception was DP had their shit together and were doing it the right way. That illusion is gone. The time is now to restore the faith they once had in the buying public.

If the risk was listed as 100% in Phil's name (thanks to my SSN being used in the account), why doesn't he have the right to deny them access to the account? Not saying that they would, but if the other principals took the money out of the account with no intention to send those people machines, it is going to show up as 100% on Phil's back.

#1893 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

At no point has money been misappropriated or stolen. Where are you getting that.

I never said that it was, but again - do you KNOW this, or do you just FEEL this? If it was misappropriated, Phil would get 100% of the blame. And, again, Phil as of 6 weeks ago is no longer part of the company, so that feels unfair.

But hey, my skin ain't in it, and there is a rug to be had. I'll stop now.

#1896 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Still doesn't change that it should have never been that way in the first place.

Exactly. That's all that I'm getting at too. Since it *was* set up that way, I don't see what else should have been done.

Quoted from Skins:

It goes to further illustrate the mismanagement of the customers money from the get go.

Honestly, I don't know if it was mismanagement from the get go, and I don't know if it is mismanagement of the customer's money. I run a business like I've said, and sometimes we do take pre-orders, and when we do, we might take some of that pre-order money to pay off a bill that we have immediately for something else. That doesn't mean that we're mismanaging the money - and we have always come through with our products in a timely fashion.

Even if 100% of the TBL money was spent on other stuff, as long as TBL showed up, non of it was mismanaged. It's a personnel mismanagement issue at the core of it.

#2119 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

I would agree that they play well, but build quality is not as good compared to the classic Bally/Williams era games IMO.. I mean they aren't horrible but still not up to those glory years.

Yeah, except no one can ever define build quality. For working right out of the box, pretty much all operators say that Stern games are much better day one than Bally / Williams were.

#2126 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Yes but what about as time passes. That is where the build quality really starts to show itself. Also just from the product you get from day one, you can see that a lot of corners have been cut to save on money... For example, a single halogen light in the back box.. What ever happened to the idea of a light show in the back back.... With the newer games that have actual LCD screens in the back box, i.e. WOZ I can see only having a single bulb, and you can do the light show with the screen, but for all the Stern stuff, just a money saver..

*shrug*. My single bulb backboxes burn out way less often than bulbs in my lots-of-bulb boxes.

Oh, and my RFM has a single bulb.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.