image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edmorex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#190 9 years ago

So my two prepayments went to "Dutch Pinball USA, Inc.". I don't see a refund (yet). Should I be filing a paypal dispute claim?

#219 9 years ago

How do we request refunds? PayPal immediately closed my claim for my first deposit because it "was older than 45 days" old.

#238 9 years ago

How do we request our deposits be refunded?!?!? PayPal will not let me open a ticket on anything older than 45 days old.

#261 9 years ago

Phil,
Has any of the deposit money in the DP USA account been used to fund DP operations/costs? Or to put another way, is there enough money to refund all deposits?

#635 9 years ago

Phil,
How do we get our deposits refunded from the "Dutch Pinball USA, Inc." PayPal account?

#649 9 years ago
Quoted from Phil-DP-USA:

4. My being in "control" of the money. I have no access to any of the order histories, DP USA doesn't get new payments, in fact I have no clue who the existing customers are. I don't have access to SQUARE (my dp email address was on it, and my social is stuck to it). If I didn't keep the PayPal login (because my Social Security Number is on it), I'd have absolutely nothing -- but I would still be liable for the company. I'm sure the Americans know that it's only because of my good credit that we could get and maintain a 1.7% rate on our charges (yes, really. internet too.). Credit histories matter.

Phil, I opened to tickets on PayPal to refund my 2 deposits. They are both "Awaiting other party's response" which I assume is going to your @gmail.com address listed as the Sellers email. Do you have the ability to take action on these PayPal tickets?

#656 9 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

How did you dispute it? My payments were both Sept 27th.

PayPal wouldn't let me open a normal ticket because of the 45 day limit so for my 2 deposits I checked the "I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize or was transacted in error" option, and then in the description wrote that it was for requesting the transactions be refunded.

Right now, both of items say "Awaiting other party's response".

#663 9 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I tried to open a dispute and it closes immediately because I paid too long ago.

I had the same issue. Use the option: "I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize or was transacted in error".

#942 9 years ago

Who runs this email address? [email protected]

I just checked the PayPal this morning to see if my two requests for refunds on deposits was updated. They both are still "Waiting For Seller's Response". The Sellers Email for "Dutch Pinball USA, Inc." use to point to a gmail account with Phils name. It now points to [email protected].

#954 9 years ago

Rod,
"Dutch Pinball BV" according to the email from DP is the account owned by Jaap and Barry. My deposits on Jul 18, 2014 and Sep 22, 2014 went to "Dutch Pinball USA, Inc.".

#1096 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Phil. Thank you for the refund.

@MikeHogue - Was your refund one of the original group that was unsolicited? Or, did you explicitly ask for one after all this started?

#1106 9 years ago

Phil,
Any updates on issuing refunds to those who have deposits on the "Dutch Pinball USA, Inc." account?

I have sent you PMs/emails with the transaction IDs and the PayPal case numbers. PayPal says its waiting for your response.

#1117 9 years ago

@MikeHogue - Thanks for the clarification. Looks like no one outside of the lucky few who got refunds unsolicited have gotten refunds. I still have $4500 dollars is limbo.

#1184 9 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

Was anyone ever able to find a way to seek a refund for older payments instead of getting the auto "its been 45 days" blah blah blah stuff?

The best I was able to do was select "I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize or was transacted in error" option instead of "I have a problem with an item I purchased". That opens a ticket that doesn't get auto-closed by PayPal. However, it doesn't seem to do much good because the ticket has been sitting with the status of: "Awaiting other party's response" since this all started.

Maybe if enough people file a claim like this against "Dutch Pinball USA, Inc." PayPal will get off their ass and do something, but that is most certainly just wishful thinking.

#1208 9 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

To DP - Best business practice Dissolve DP-USA if that is what needs to be done to let Phil go...but before doing so refund all of the pre order money to US buyers no questions asked.

Or at the very least, make a public statement or answer an email.

#1271 9 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I got the email. Love finally hearing from them. But, right now, I could give a shit about the game or the f*cking license. I want to know where my money is. Once we get that solved, then let's talk about how awesome the game is going to be and I can decide if I will be reinvesting with DP. Until that gets answered, this customer is becoming more and more unlikely to order again.

After Phil's email weeks ago about quitting..... HOW THE HELL DOES HE STILL HAVE THE KEYS TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT. SLOPPY.

This. The only thing most of us (that money on the line) care about is making sure our deposits in DP USA don't just up and vanish. If Roger Sharpe comes in and puts his rep on the line and says everything is cool then we can reevaluate/reinvest later once the stink of all this washes off. Right now, I wan't my $4500 sitting in my bank account were I know it is safe.

#1350 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

People are bailing after hearing only one side, I am sorry of what Phil describes, but I think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion, scaremongering, people jumping on the bandwagon crying SCAM!

I could care less about the accusations. That is not why I want my money back. I want my money back because it apparently is being held by a partner of DP that wants nothing to do with the company. He has made it clear he wants to liquidate the account. There isn't going to be enough money to go around once you subtract out all the transaction fees from moving this money around.

If he is going to empty the bag I want the money, and not the empty bag.

#1382 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Dude, I hope you get your money and you jump back in later after the dust settles.
I also hope TBL gets built.

I hope it gets built as well. A pin based on TBL is a total dream pin for me. I haven't ruled out jumping back in once everything is settled (i.e. 1/3 of the company with one hand holding my money, and with the other saber rattling).

Right now it feels like my deposits are being held hostage.

#1393 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

So I'd encourage a bit of empathy here.

And he has it. I'm not on the phone with lawyers. I am in just in no uncertain terms asking for my money. (Via posts here, PMs, direct emails, and PayPal dispute tickets). Giving me my money seems to be aligned with his stated goal of bringing the PayPal account to 0 so he can close it and not have it in his name.

I have provided the transaction IDs, the dates, amounts, and the PayPal dispute case IDs. If he has access to give some people refunds he has access to my PayPal dispute claims.

#1566 9 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

At least you guys are getting refunds

We shall see. Every email (to Phil and DP) has gone into a black hole. My PayPal disputes have been sitting with the status of "Awaiting other party's response" since this all started.

Maybe after a few more full business days they will bother telling us what the status is of the DP USA account with all our money.

#1583 9 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

Every email (to Phil and DP) has gone into a black hole.

I got an email reply from DP (Barry). No hard answers yet other than they are working to resolve the issue and "An update will be sent soon."

1 week later
#2339 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So I went to my payment page on DP earlier today and it has a status on my payments as "reversal cancelled" then had an option to cancel or retry next to 3 of my payments.

I am in the same boat. My first 2 payments show "Reversal Cancelled" with the 3rd due this Thursday. I sent an email to DP/Barry to please update us as to what the status is.

#2357 9 years ago

I got a reply from Barry saying they are close but still working on a solution (w.r.t. my deposits in DP USA). He also mentioned that I can hold off on the 1/1/2015 deposit and still keep my place in line while we wait for more info about the situation.

Seems reasonable. I'm willing to sit tight for a few weeks.

#2361 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I guess I don't get why Barry will take the time to send that to individuals, but not take the time to just send that email to everyone.

Well, he was replying to a specific question about the imminent 1/1/2015 deposit. He did say they will send out more info soon. So maybe we will get a big email in the next day or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edmorex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=edmorex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.