image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_spaceman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#30 9 years ago

Got my refund email as well

#224 9 years ago

This all makes me sad. Super excited about this one. Phil's story is sounding plausible. DP better come out with their side of the story quick, and it better be a good one, or I'm guessing those refunds stay refunded. Mine will at least. If what Phil is saying is true, and he dumped back the money before the DP train could crash in licensing hell while spending that money, then does that make him our hero???

Again, it would be nice to hear from the other side first. A short email is not going to cut it DP. I hope everything turns out golden, games get made, and no one gets burned, but there is definitely smoke right now. Hope those wanting refunds get them.

#265 9 years ago

The go* dam* plane has crashed into the mountain!

#2031 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's messy - but they need to be honoring their promise on refunds.. not making internal issues customer issues. If they means money from themselves or their investors or their piggy banks in Holland.. it should be happening.

Yeah, this is what is putting me out of resubmitting my order. I got my unrequested refund, but after doing the math I think I was right at the 45 day mark when Phil hit the panic button. I was a day or two away from Paypal jail for my $4500. I feel for the people who are there right now. As the dust settles on this I'm reasonably comfortable believing that DP will still deliver a high quality game in the end, but how on earth can they not honor funds submitted to their own company? That is just absurd, and a terrible way to treat customers that showed faith in them. Their site promises multiple times that the money is fully refundable until production. Well, that is now a straight lie if DP just washes their hands of the Paypal USA funds. Honor that promise DP! If you don't stick to your word then you don't deserve success. I personally can't put money back into their hands after this behavior and rather pathetic reaction. Figure something out with Phil and the US account. It should not be impossible.

1 week later
#2338 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

DP has $5500 from me. I requested a refund and have not received it. DP needs to remedy this situation by this Wednesday. I will redeposit the cash if they refund it and explain how everything has been remedied, what the status of the license is, how solvent the company is and how they plan to build these babies. It is after all a brilliant design!!
Barry, We need an update.

Yeah, I'm with you on this. I actually said in the past the only way I do a preorder or buy NIB is "if someone makes a Big Lebowski pin(hahahahaha)." DP called my bluff so I got into this preorder nonsense. I guess I was lucky to get my full refund when Phil hit the eject button. I'd like to be back in on this, but no way am I putting money back in their hands if other people are still asking for refunds without any satisfaction. I hope those still looking for their money hear something soon.

So what is the story with tha Jan 1st payment? If you're a preorder and you don't have $6500 in by Jan 1 do you lose your spot, $8500 price, chrome, rug, etc? I assume this is what happens, but does anyone know for sure? I'd ask DP but their response time has usually been averaging about 3 weeks in my experience.

#2598 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Can someone post a link to phil's resignation post, I am doing some research, and could not find it..
thanks.

Link to the initial resignation thread. Not started by Phil, but he does respond around page 4
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uh-oh-phil-leaving-dp

You can scroll through the first half of this current thread to see Phil's thoughts on the whole situation. As for his resignation he sent an email to VIP's Nov 1.

Email Pasted below.

Welp, that about does her, wraps her all up.

To the VIPs,

As of November 1, I have decided to part ways with Dutch Pinball. I made this decision for for personal reasons, and not because of health issues.

As many of you know, I have been a professor of Marketing and a Marketing Consultant for the majority of my adult life, working in the US Military, with the Swiss Government and for many for profit companies and not-for-profit organizations. But the hardest, most creative, and probably the most fucked up job has been here, with you.

You pushed me to set the bar high, but your encouraging words and emails of support after each campaign made the challenge that much more rewarding.

Thank you.

And just remember that I was a good bowler,
and a good man. I was. . .

I was one of you.

2 weeks later
#2952 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I know from emails from Barry that they are still on schedule to start production April 1st.

I really, really hope that is true. However, these words also came directly from DP: "All deposits are fully refundable until your machine goes into production". Until that gets sorted out they are liars and their word cannot be trusted. Sorry if that sounds blunt, but I can't see any other way to look at it. Also, they should shout that Apr 1st date from the rooftops. Slap that in a newsletter so it means something. Why keep it in private conversations unless it might not happen?

I'm still considering getting back in, but no way until those refunds are sorted out. Saw the 100+ recent new posts and thought maybe something happened. Nope! Well, here is another uninformed post to throw in the pile.

1 month later
#3756 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Was out after involuntary refund.
Went back and forth so many times on this, but got back in last night.
Having second thoughts. Followed by third thoughts. And so on.
Got back on board after reconsolidation of dp seemed to go as it needed, and licensing issues seemed to be worked out and BOP2 kits finally out.
Hope I made right call...

If it makes you feel any better you weren't alone with the back and forth decisions. In the end I went the same way you did. Feel ok about DP and their situation now, but hope the drama is over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_spaceman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=dr_spaceman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.