image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1799 9 years ago

OP, time to change the name of the thread from:

"DP USA Refund - Still Want the Game"

to

"DP USA Refund - Still Want the Game....but thank god I got my money out."

#1806 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The first viewing you're focusing on the plot, which is OK, but nothing amazing. Subsequent viewings you realize that the dialogue is fucking amazing.

Are you talking about the movie or this thread?

1 week later
#2395 9 years ago

Anyone pre ordering is effectively an investor in the company. But at the end, instead of equity in the company, you end up with a pinball machine.

Unlike an investor though, you have no say in how the company is run, and you have no chance to make a return on the investment. Yet the risk is the same (if not more?)

It's just like a kick-starter.

Between this and MMr, the whole preorder thing is all but finished. Expectations become too high (as they should be) and pre-order customers get nervous about what the final product will be.

For all the complaints about Stern, no one compares in being able to deliver on what they promise at this point.

2 weeks later
#2861 9 years ago

The big lesson....Pre Orders Suck. If this were a normal company funded by owners investment, all this stuff could be/would be happening behind the scenes and no one would know or care.

Different story when you've got 1000's of dollars invested in the company.

My guess is there is no way DP could fulfil all the requested refunds without obtaining external funding. So they are trying to buy time. Hopefully that's what the new accountant guy is working on.

#2871 9 years ago

It's ironic that because so many people want refunds now (I'm guessing it's a lot...I could be wrong) the issuing of refunds would most likely cause the exact scenario that people are concerned about...ie financial collapse. Classic Catch 22.

Short of an external investor coming on board, it's likely in the best interest of all pre-orderers to sit tight and hope this thing gets made.

Not taking sides either way..no question it's a great game. But those are the 2 options as I see it.

I really think DP have to address it soon or the panic will just spread. Maybe Rick or Gary might like to stump up some cash as silent partners?

#2877 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

My wife's theory on all this is that DP are actually a faction of the Islamic State and are using money from pre-orders to fund terrorist attacks... I told her that I didn't think that was the case, but I'd put it out on Pinside anyway

As good as any other theory.

#2892 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

no one here other than DP has any money invested in the company, stop acting like you are have an investment. You have a purchase request and deposit. You are a consumer, not an investor.

#2928 9 years ago

Bring on Stern/JJP to produce it. Problem solved.

#2972 9 years ago
Quoted from robfg67:

In my opinion, all customers who gave a deposit must do whatever they can to get as much of that money back ASAP. Forget about holding out hope that you will ever get the machine...that is called blind faith and there is enough smoke here to warrant action.

Quoted from pinballslave:

You've been a member of Pinside for 2 weeks, made 7 posts and are making statements that are trying to evoke more panic in people who are already spooked by what's happening at DP... For what do we owe the pleasure of your input?

Ah guys....he's been a member for over a year, not 2 weeks. And the previous posts he's made are about legit technical questions.

2 weeks later
#3263 9 years ago

No mention of whether the cabinet art and backglass were approved or needed change?

2 weeks later
#3683 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I built a prototype of a lit joint mod for TBL last night, couldn't resist seeing the idea happen after it was brought up.
It's really hard to photograph, the camera blows out the lit part to white, but if you look at the reflection that's a little closer to real life, it's actually a full on orange, with painted ash over it, looks movie-prop-quality realistic in person.
Right now I have a candle flicker LED in it, so it pulses and flickers. Scott has ideas for a custom control board that could do some fancier effects. Slow burn, or a pass setting where it would flare up every once in a while as people "hit it".
If there's interest we can make these a real mod, we're just having fun with it right now.

» YouTube video

IMG_3535.JPG 195 KB

Mod of the Year (tied with the Metallica Hammer).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.