Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#32 4 years ago

Got unrequested refund as well

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Just talked with barry and everything is fine...you will not lose your place in line. You can go into your payment status and reapply the payment that was refunded. DP will be sending out a note after th modern pinball event. (probably next week)

Very curios as to why this happend? Also I don't see the reapply payment button on PayPal and lastly should we still be sending payments to Phil because my original payment went here:
Business Name:
Dutch Pinball USA, Inc.
Email:
phil.ip.weinberg@gmail.com

#62 4 years ago

Crap the one refund I didn't want

#116 4 years ago

Just got email from DP with an explanation... Owners check your email

#254 4 years ago

I am devostated!

#276 4 years ago

Sounds like it's time for me to fall back and just enjoy the games I own.

#297 4 years ago

KC was that the deck of the Titanic?

#314 4 years ago

I wonder what a TBL PROTO will be worth if this all falls apart?
Talk about unabtainium!

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That said, I'd volunteer my time as an attorney/cpa to step in and work out whatever issues there are with Universal for DP if that would help bridge the gap. Not really a big deal.

I'm glad we have a few "pinattorneys"in the house.
Thanks Ice

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This is where im scratching my head. I think back to jareds video on the dp seminar and Phil was spouting how they have the license to all the songs and content seems like a disgruntled employee to me, correct me if I'm wrong.

^This^ I'm confused!

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Thanks Frolic, but I will name names. Let these thread pages serve as a warning, JPOP GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

Thank goodness at least JPOP is going with unlicensed themes or I'm afraid us owners would be in a world of shit!

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Are there any actually Jpop owners? Sounds like they all just own a receipt of emptiness.

Hell yea Flank! I am the proud owner of a couple of vapor pins, the upside is that they don't take up much room in my lineup.

#435 4 years ago

Pay pal question, I thought we had 180 days pay pal protection on purchases but I heard many here say that they were told by pay pal that after 45 days you can't dispute a charge.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What about Robby the Robot and the Mars Attack aliens?

OT: Im not sure about the alien (if it will even be used it is 1 of many possibilities) JPOP claims the robot is public domain "trailers before 1964 are not protected"

Edit: Again according to John there are many versions of artwork that may or may not be used (including the stylized Sci-fi robot) but nothing will be used if there are any copyright conflicts ect.

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Holy shit, he did not actually say that. Please tell me that's not a direct quote.
First of all, Robbie the Robot isn't from a "trailer". He's originally from the full length film Forbidden Planet, which was released in 1956. There is no "if it was in the trailer it's public domain" rule.
(The robot was reused several times on camera, some people here probably think of Twilight Zone first even I bet.) So that's the trailer part. The second part is films do not enter the public domain right now unless they were made before 1923. 1956 > 1923 So that part is wrong too. I just checked the license on my Mondo Forbidden Planet print. Rights belong to Turner Entertainment Co., so they're the ones who would handle any licensing. It's not like I needed another reason to doubt that Jpop has any clue WTF he's actually doing, but that's sure a huge one. Does that mean those cabinets he brought to Expo weren't a colossal waste of time exercise in concept art, but actually a stunningly miscalculated final design?

Quoted from LTG:

The robot was in Lost In Space tv show 1965 to 1968. Though I believe he wasn't referred to as Robbie in it.
LTG : )™

Quoted from roffels:

That's a different design/robot.

OT: Again a "stylized sci-fi robot" not Robbie.

Disclaimer I'm a concrete guy not a copyright attorney.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

$50 a machine is more than they paid for the movie rights.
Might not make the most sense to pay that much to advertise Kahlua.

One would think Kahlua would of looked at this as free advertising.... They want to sell their shit right?
What a great target audience (pinheads) I think in protest when and if I ever get a TBL I will be using a generic version of Kahlua to make my White Russians.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I believe Barry's side of the story is coming out tonight
Stay tuned

I still have not given up on TBL! But I will be holding my refund until Barry convinces me things are ok.
DP you may only get one shot to fix this so, do not dissapoint us!

#739 4 years ago

If DP can explain all of this to the "pre owners" satisfaction I would like to see the terms changed to something like $1000 deposit and the balance when your game is ready to ship.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Umm....Okay. Did I miss something here?

Yes, making pinball machines is hard!

#1240 4 years ago

Roger Sharpe=good!

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dutch Pinball has called in The Wolf!

the-wolf-pulp-fiction.jpg 25 KB

Shit your calling the Wolf in? That's all you had to say!
image-313.jpg

#1265 4 years ago

As a refunded VIP I would like some time to decide if I'm in or out of TBL. If DP is reading this I think it's fair that the people who were refunded without having requested it should have a grace period (for new shit to come to light) with out losing our preorder perks, pricing and place in line. I still have not heard enough to even consider throwing my money back in at this point!

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

too little, too late.
I see ZERO reason not to take a wait and see approach with ANY non limited pinball.

Quoted from Aurich:

How about wait and see with any pinball at all. Forget the limited* asterisk. And yes, that means WOOLY too, sorry. No money for games that don't exist, no matter who makes them or what the theme is.
"Give us money and you'll have a game in 3ish months" would be acceptable, beyond that? Pass.

And Predator

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from JDee:

Funny thing is that if everybody asks for a refund, they'll no longer have funds and collapse.
They're doom'd anyway.

Quoted from JDee:

I wouldn't even buy at 1/10th.. No way I'm buying it at half.

Quoted from JDee:

If for you risking 900 bucks is not that big deal, you already did the math. I'm sure that people who are in, right now, are starting to do the math too
As I already said: good luck with your falling knife.

Quoted from JDee:

This is the spot where people who are still in, try to sell their pre-order at 50-70% of the price in order to get out quite safely.
Will this time catching the falling knife be a smart move?

This is the "spot" where people realize that you have absolutely nothing of value to add to this thread, you sound like the kind of person who chases ambulances to accident scenes.

Thread Troll eject on aisle 1 please

#1561 4 years ago

I can't imagine DP sending out a January 1st payment installment request at this point (it would go over like a fart in church) we need more details of changes and accountability at DP before they can expect those who got out to get back in let alone ask for more $$ than the $4500.

#1777 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

*opens door*
Hey everybody! Good to see you all. Been awhile. What's new? Think I'll get back into.......
*looks around*
.....err........
....ummm.......
*closes door*

Not sure about everyone else but I miss you... get back in here!

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny that the Blu-Ray can have Walter with a gun, but the pinball can't.

Yea! WTF?

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Here is my hope. They find a way to set up a new DP USA. Phil wants out and releases everything to be moved there. We start clean minus Phil . Best wishes for his health .

HW Are you back in now?

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

In! No ones losing money here and it's seriousky the next number one game for a long time! That's a fact.

Yea this game is way to good to not get made!

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Are you staying in bro?
We need a new thread for the survivors club, hahaha.

I got an auto refund on Saturday but the refund has a hold on it, I need to call my CC company today and figure out what's going on. I emailed Barry this morning to tell him my situation.

#2000 4 years ago

I did the same, its on a 30 day hold, I can't stay in if the funds are on hold. Hopefully Barry gets back to me soon.

Hopefully he will cut us some slack as are funds are in limbo.

1 week later
#2230 4 years ago

With the next payment looming I am hoping we get a nice update soon!

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It's a "Holiday" present. Stop being insensitive

Merry Holiday?

That just doesn't sound right!

#2271 4 years ago

Ho Ho Ho!
image.jpg

#2275 4 years ago

Well look what the cat dragged in today
(Mailed from Dutch pinball USA on Dec 23rd)
image-786.jpg

#2295 4 years ago

Days away from a next payment due situation, it sure would be cool if DP had a substantial update.

#2344 4 years ago

Man DP would need a huge positive update/explanation of what the H E double toothpicks is going on before People are gunna be willing to send them more money! Hey DP kick us an update and suspend payments beyond the $4500 until games are ready to ship. (Please)

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I´m confident that I agree with you too, but I´ve no idea what toothpicks has got to do with it... even double ones... you mean the type where you can use both ends, right...

Sorry I meant Hell (H E Double toothpicks)

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

what happens if I do not pay the next deposit?

That's the $8500 question... Dude

#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I could not agree more. This thread is filled with more conjecture than a conservative radio host's daily rant.

Well DP's complete radio silence is not helping their case at this point.
Come on guys... tell us something!

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Third instalment paid.
All in Dudes!

image-541.jpg 18 KB

Dude... Look in the mirror
image-615.jpg

#2445 4 years ago

Sh!t I was hoping for more than that! sending another 2k after that anti climactic update is no beuno!
They need to get all the DP USA refunds done before asking for another dime IMHO!

#2594 4 years ago

So the code is very near completion from the version that was at expo? If this is true I wasn't that impressed with the code in the video I saw.

No the code is nowhere near done from what I have been told (it's pre apha code)
As for you missing the payment deadline, I got an answer to that a few days ago from Barry. You and I are in a similar situations so feel free to PM me and I will share th email Barry sent me on the subject.

#2656 4 years ago

Did pay pal change their policy or could a person jump back into TBL using PayPal and have buyer protection thru them for 180 days?

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Plus use your Amex through PayPal and you are really covered.

Does American Express give better buyer protection then Visa/MasterCard?

#2663 4 years ago

Can you use American Express thru pay pal?

#2665 4 years ago

Looks like I'm signing up for an Amex card

#2739 4 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Sorry... Can't say anything. But my advice would be to stay confident and stay in... You won't be disappointed at all!

Quoted from Aurich:

I wasn't aware it was any kind of secret at all. It rhymes with Harry from Pinball Strife.
Consider the good rep "Harry" has with the community I can't see how anyone would unhappy about that.

Guys if new shit has come to light stop blathering about it and tell us man!

1 week later
#2914 4 years ago

Wow this thread makes the JPOP thread seem positive and uplifting. I believe DP will survive and produce TBL, because the game is too awesome to not get made! To call what happend with Phil & the lack of refunds a bump in the road would be an understatement. I think TBL will get made and DP will go on to make other games. (JMHO)

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Unless your a secured creditor, chances of getting your assets back in full are low if a company goes under.

Quoted from robfg67:

Why doesn't someone have a lawyer contact DP and ask for their refund? Now is the time for legal action, before the company receives bankruptcy protection.

Hey! What's all this lying around shit? Nothing is over until we decide it is, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

She can help with that.

image-748.jpg 20 KB

I going to hit an ATM!

4 weeks later
#3392 4 years ago

Burningman refunds being processed is a hugely positive step! Now we need a solid update from DP with info on DP USA and how future payments will be handled, production updates, ect ect

#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It seems pretty unlikely that they'd kick you out of your preorder slot without a "final warning" of some kind, so why not wait until they make an announcement about that (or contact you personally) before putting your money back in?

I was also told no auto refund guys would lose their spot without a final warning to make payment.

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Am I correct?
$8500 special pre-order = chrome rails, T-shirt, rug, and Achiever's plaque
$8995 standard pre-order = chrome rails only

No chrome on Standard Pre orders.

#3454 4 years ago

Update email just received.... Some shit has been clarified!

"As you probably heard, we have resolved all issues with Dutch Pinball USA Inc. This week the last refunds have been processed. We’re all good."

Sounds like if you requested a refund you lost your spot, if you received an unrequested refund you have till March 1st to pay all payments current.

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Why don't you guys send me all your banking info then?
Geez, sorry...I'm not trying to start a Europe vs America contest here. I honestly just thought that after this whole period of dead silent rollercoaster shit that it was a comical way to emerge from the woodwork. Draining the thread.

If your that worried about it you can set up a separate account at your bank just for the incoming transfer.

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

My friend Lee buck is a good guy

He's also a gynecologist? Damn!
image.jpg

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't see it that way at all. In my view its a select few that were most probably abusive in private emails and phone calls.

This is exactly what I think is the reason for the take a hike attitude.

Quoted from karl:

I am one of the ones who got all my money back without asking for it (what this thread is about)
I went on this thread right away wondering what was going on. Barry reached out to me at once and explained the situation (even though he was in New York busy as hell)
I decided then and there not to keep the fire burning by posting stuff in this thread(even though I was a bit uncertain about the situation) and instead communicated directly with Barry. I told him about my hesitation putting all my money back right away and he was a totally cool guy about it. In fact he recommended that I wait a bit until things got back in order. From there, every time I have had a question he has responded promptly back to me and he has never pushed me to get back in
Others might have had a different experience but I have had nothing but positive dealings with Dutch Pinball so far.
Everything that has been a concern here in this thread has been taken care of.
Those who wanted their money back is getting their money back.
They hired Roger Sharpe to deal with the last licence problems.
They have gotten 2 new (from what I can gather) solid guys to take care of DP USA and ended the Phil Account
All this in a little over a month from a small new Pinball company. Not too shabby, if you ask me.
I decided that it is time to show DP some support and just got back in on the pre-order. (ps! I did not have all the money right away. Barry was cool about that also and we worked out a solution effortlessly)

I was also an auto refunder and Barry has always answered my emails quickly! He was helpful and always had a friendly attitude. I have to assume some very heated emails were sent to Barry to justify the no sale attitude that a few have experienced.

#3597 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm envisioning a lit doobie mod - with a faintly glowing (LED) tip - perched on the right plastic next to the White Russian.

image.jpg

#3665 4 years ago

NSN is out check your email.

#3708 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's amazing that you guys press the tilt function for boobies because God forbid your kids are in the room and yet you let the illegal marijuana pictures run wild with no opposition. Nice parenting.

No need for us Orgonians to tilt... The shit is legal here

#3736 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

And here is a 'gif wrapped' version... might was well post on several TBL topics

output_vDLeuu.gif 367 KB

Gunna have to pass on the boner mod... I don't like junk on my spinners!

#3767 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I doubt the game is gonna happen, sad to say that, but it appears it's hard to make a pinball when it involves a license.

Well that's just like your opinion man.

#3778 4 years ago

I doubt the game is gonna happen

I hope it all works out, but when they raise the price another 1500 bucks it's not a good sign. But, hopefully my opinion is incorrect and you all get shipped a lovely machine that you enjoy.

Translation... Your pissed they raised the price and you don't want to pay that much, so you come on here and say some inflammatory shit like "I doubt the game is gunna happen"
Thanks for clearing that up for us.

#3783 4 years ago

I'm not even interested at 8K, looks like a bore fest.

Says the guy who has World Cup Soccer as his all time #1 fave game..

#3800 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Cool! Eggbert promoted Hwawonyu to moderator. Congrats, dude!

Sweet! Can I be a Mod too

#3807 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Careful, I hear there's a piss test.

I'm out

#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

It's not a big deal, turns out it's an accuracy test. Just have to be able to hit a rug.

I'm back in!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Mateo, CA
€ 3.70
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside