tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 77.
#3751 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's amazing that you guys press the tilt function for boobies because God forbid your kids are in the room and yet you let the illegal marijuana pictures run wild with no opposition. Nice parenting.

They say science advances one funeral at a time.

Maybe that's why herb became legal in DC this week after a 71% approval vote

Here, chill out & watch this video

#3752 9 years ago

We understand that some of you waited with submitting the last payment because of the commotion. Now that we've straightened everything out, there’s no reason to stay behind anymore. We will give you some time for this, so if you want to stay in line, please make sure your payments are up to schedule before March 1, 2015. We hope this gives you time enough to secure your spot in line.

So.. Its march 1; people are in or out on the pre order, refunds have been issued. Thread resolved?

#3753 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

So.. Its march 1; people are in or out on the pre order, refunds have been issued. Thread resolved?

Was out after involuntary refund.
Went back and forth so many times on this, but got back in last night.

Having second thoughts. Followed by third thoughts. And so on.

Got back on board after reconsolidation of dp seemed to go as it needed, and licensing issues seemed to be worked out and BOP2 kits finally out.

Hope I made right call...

#3754 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I've never understood why some people try to close down discussion threads on Internet forums?

When this thread is closed, another one will spring to life. The same stuff that's being talked about here will be talked about in the new thread, and people will still link back to this thread when they want to dig stuff up and rehash it.

#3755 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I've never understood why some people try to close down discussion threads on Internet forums?
When this thread is closed, another one will spring to life. The same stuff that's being talked about here will be talked about in the new thread, and people will still link back to this thread when they want to dig stuff up and rehash it.

I dont think he wants to close it down, its more about finding out if theres anything related to refunds that is unresolved.

Some will say that the specific state of funds / the new DP USA needs to be clarified, but based on their recent communications I'm quite content.

Looking forward to hearing more about code and hopefully seeing their production begin to ramp in April.

#3756 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Was out after involuntary refund.
Went back and forth so many times on this, but got back in last night.
Having second thoughts. Followed by third thoughts. And so on.
Got back on board after reconsolidation of dp seemed to go as it needed, and licensing issues seemed to be worked out and BOP2 kits finally out.
Hope I made right call...

If it makes you feel any better you weren't alone with the back and forth decisions. In the end I went the same way you did. Feel ok about DP and their situation now, but hope the drama is over.

#3757 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I dont think he wants to close it down, its more about finding out if theres anything related to refunds that is unresolved.

I don't think so. If you look at some of his recent posts, it seems pretty clear that he doesn't like this particular thread and he wants it closed.

Quoted from sd_tom:

All I know is the forced to take a refund group should keep their plight out of the other pre-order threads

Quoted from sd_tom:

maybe all this cool stuff could move to the other threads.. I feel that this thread being the primary TBL thread sorta is a downer (plus off topic for any remaining refund issues) am i wrong?
Can pick from many others here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/big-lebowski/forum
or start your own!

Quoted from sd_tom:

Or the op asks to close it to force move of topics

Quoted from sd_tom:

#3758 9 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

If it makes you feel any better you weren't alone with the back and forth decisions. In the end I went the same way you did. Feel ok about DP and their situation now, but hope the drama is over.

Yes, it makes me feel better.

No, wait, it doesn't.

But yes, it does.

Damned indecisiveness.

#3759 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Here, chill out & watch this video
» YouTube video

A most humorous video - thanks!

One more reason to add to the list of "Why you should stay away from marijuana.":

It will make you want to spend MAJOR BUCKS on a Big Lebowski pinball machine!

That's the excuse I'm using anyway.

#3760 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I don't think so. If you look at some of his recent posts, it seems pretty clear that he doesn't like this particular thread and he wants it closed.

First, who "likes" this thread.. ??? If you do, you like watching car accidents so i personally suggest you stick to the predator or jpop threads as those fires are still burning.

Re: quotes: I think this is a poor thread to be the TBL "primary" thread, that's all I'm saying.. trying to nudge sure Especially since a good number of people have it drained so talking about cool mods and stuff for the game probably should go some where else.

My comment this morning was only to mark that the entire thread has come to a logical conclusion.. (or if someone still feels unresolved, prompt them to speak up). If people still want to chat about stuff here, so be it I guess..

#3761 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

First, who "likes" this thread.. ??? If you do, you like watching car accidents so i personally suggest you stick to the Predator or jpop threads as those fires are still burning.
Re: quotes: I think this is a poor thread to be the TBL "primary" thread, that's all I'm saying.. trying to nudge sure Especially since a good number of people have it drained so talking about cool mods and stuff for the game probably should go some where else.
My comment this morning was only to mark that the entire thread has come to a logical conclusion.. (or if someone still feels unresolved, prompt them to speak up). If people still want to chat about stuff here, so be it I guess..

Makes sense to me -- if everyone that requested refunds got them, now's probably a reasonable time for OP to ask to have the thread closed. General discussion can continue in one of the several other TBL threads.

#3762 9 years ago

Well. Paid in full. Here we go......

#3763 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

It is legal to walk around NYC topless.

It is legal in Austin, Tx too (written into city law).
We have topless protests here often

#3764 9 years ago

I can't keep up

Is this game gonna happen?

Hope so

Looks so damn cool & you can decorate it with joints & cocktails.

#3765 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

It is legal in Austin, Tx too (written into city law).
We have topless protests here often

POIDH

#3766 9 years ago

I doubt the game is gonna happen, sad to say that, but it appears it's hard to make a pinball when it involves a license.

#3767 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I doubt the game is gonna happen, sad to say that, but it appears it's hard to make a pinball when it involves a license.

Well that's just like your opinion man.

#3768 9 years ago

Who knows until they ship, of course. But why so pessimistic now? Unless I'm misreading this thread, all refunds have been granted suggesting the financial snafu has finally cleared up (or cleared up enough for them to proceed, anyway). And I think they've quoted Roger Sharpe as saying the licensing is squared away with the latest redesign.

Now they just have to do the "easy" part and make some pinball machines!

#3769 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

If people still want to chat about stuff here, so be it I guess..

Once there's something new and positive to talk about a new thread will form and people will rally around it. Until then it's just pissing in the wind. Might as well keep it here as anywhere.

When Scott and I figure out our mod I'll start a new thread for it.

#3770 9 years ago

I think you had too much 420 or the pinball license you are reefer-ing to is Predetor.

#3771 9 years ago

So now you are just stirring the pot Matt. This license is approved .

#3772 9 years ago

I laugh when people post that stupid quote from the movie, of course it's my opinion, it's a forum topic. It's also your opinion that the machine is awesome and will ship just fine.

I hope it all works out, but when they raise the price another 1500 bucks it's not a good sign. But, hopefully my opinion is incorrect and you all get shipped a lovely machine that you enjoy.

#3773 9 years ago

but when they raise the price another 1500 bucks it's not a good sign.

First I've heard of that. Explanation please.

#3774 9 years ago

I don't believe they jacked the price up.

#3775 9 years ago

I laugh when people post that stupid quote from the movie, of course it's my opinion, it's a forum topic. It's also your opinion that the machine is awesome and will ship just fine.
I hope it all works out, but when they raise the price another 1500 bucks it's not a good sign. But, hopefully my opinion is incorrect and you all get shipped a lovely machine that you enjoy.

Total falsehood. Price is as it always has been stated. $8495 before expo with rug,chrome, and now plaque. $8995 after sans goodies. And that's not just like my opinion man, it's straight from the dp website. image.jpgimage.jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3776 9 years ago

Very un-dude or anti-duder'ish if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

#3777 9 years ago

Pessimism....they should rename this forum that. Paid in full, not worried about shit.

#3778 9 years ago

I doubt the game is gonna happen

Translation... Your pissed they raised the price and you don't want to pay that much, so you come on here and say some inflammatory shit like "I doubt the game is gunna happen"
Thanks for clearing that up for us.

#3779 9 years ago

Maybe someone skipped a few pages where the playfield was finally approved. Seriously it's like some people .. They show up to a thread ready to make their comment before they read anything in the last 20 pages they happened to miss, as it couldn't possibly change their comment right?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game?tu=matt_rasmussen

They raised price way back in October / day after expo to 9k, no goodies. They just announced goodies could be bought for $500 for further pre orders. So that's $9500.. (And optional) So the additional $500 to make it $1500 I guess is imaginary price increase in his head or he's paying in some other currency.

They can do what they want with future prices anyway, supply and demand. Wonder when pre order period ends; April or when things start shipping (I guess that could also be April but I sorta doubt things are going to go that smoothly)

#3780 9 years ago

Removed

#3781 9 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Damned indecisiveness.

I'm not sure if I'm indecisive...

#3782 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Translation... Your pissed they raised the price and you don't want to pay that much, so you come on here and say some inflammatory shit like "I doubt the game is gunna happen"
Thanks for clearing that up for us.

That's like your opinion man. I'm not even interested at 8K, looks like a bore fest.

#3783 9 years ago

I'm not even interested at 8K, looks like a bore fest.

Says the guy who has World Cup Soccer as his all time #1 fave game..

#3784 9 years ago
did i miss it.gifdid i miss it.gif
#3785 9 years ago

I'm not even interested at 8K, looks like a bore fest.

But I will jump in the thread and keep harping about licensing and pricing etc etc etc.

Must be that "community" thing again...

True colors!

#3786 9 years ago

Didn't you know the license issues (if ever there were any) have been sorted out and the playfield approved? Must be pretty lonely on this thread being a basher now the refunds have been made and the licence approved... can't you think of anything solid to bash them with? Oops, musn't feed the troll

#3787 9 years ago

I'm not bashing anything, nothing is certain until it ships. I've said I hope it works out and you all get the machine and love it, I don't think it will. Get over it, people have different opinions, it's a forum. Don't like what I say, block me, actually, I'd be happy if you did, wouldn't ruin your day anymore.

#3788 9 years ago

I have a slight feeling the chance you're wrong is about 98,76%...

#3789 9 years ago

Get over it, people have different opinions, it's a forum. Don't like what I say, block me, actually, I'd be happy if you did, wouldn't ruin your day anymore.

Dude, its winter in Minnesota... Take some vitamin D or hit a tanning bed.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-breakthrough-depression-solution/201111/psychological-consequences-vitamin-d-deficiency

#3790 9 years ago

Sorry you're all butthurt over an opinion, life must be rough.

#3791 9 years ago

Forum does not equal the right to act an asshat. As a matter of fact the opposite as trolling is frowned on.
An opionion is welcomed but you made it clear you thinks it's a borefest, the price is wrong etc yet you have been posting all over this thread even with false statements about licensing .
It's clearly a troll mission .
A forum is open but most folks post in topics they are involved in or at least like. To stalk a thread with the intent to upset those involved in that subject is childish and bad form.
Not sure if you are jealous, just mean or just don't know better but seriously think about it. Lots of good pinsiders excited about pinball and new machines here trying to enjoy.

#3792 9 years ago

Check out who the single person is giving him thumbs up on all of his trolling.

#3793 9 years ago

Check out yours, rofl.

#3794 9 years ago

FYI: I'm flying into Chicago tomorrow. Dutch Pinball heard about my trip and has kindly invited me to visit them while I'm there.

Doesn't sound like a company with anything to hide does it.

#3795 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI: I'm flying into Chicago tomorrow. Dutch Pinball heard about my trip and has kindly invited me to visit them while in Chicago.
Doesn't sound like a company with anything to hide does it.

Only if they walk you through their North American base blindfolded!

#3796 9 years ago

Some interesting possible hidden messages in TBL.

#3797 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Forum does not equal the right to act an asshat. As a matter of fact the opposite as trolling is frowned on.
An opionion is welcomed but you made it clear you thinks it's a borefest, the price is wrong etc yet you have been posting all over this thread even with false statements about licensing .
It's clearly a troll mission .

The difference is that you guys view trolling as any disagreement with your point of view. As for enjoying the forum, that's a debatable comment as well. People enjoy different things.

IMHO you calling someone out as jealous when you have no idea of the sort is trolling and it's also condescending. Practice what you preach.

But, I guess being a mod does allow you to act as an...as you put it...Asshat. And oh by the way, just cause someone doesn't post or give you a thumbs down doesn't mean everyone on the planet agrees with your opinion. They just choose to remain silent because it's probably not worth their effort. Don't fall into a sense of self security just because a few people agree with you.

#3798 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

As for enjoying the forum, that's a debatable comment as well. People enjoy different things.

Take eggbert52, for example, whose insatiable lust for weed keeps drawing him back to this thread. Different smokes for different folks, am I right?

#3799 9 years ago

Cool! Eggbert promoted Hwawonyu to moderator. Congrats, dude!

#3800 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Cool! Eggbert promoted Hwawonyu to moderator. Congrats, dude!

Sweet! Can I be a Mod too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,000 (OBO)
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.