tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 77.
#3651 9 years ago

Come on Dudes......it will ship when it ships, at least shit is coming together!

tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.giftumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif

#3652 9 years ago

I hope this game gets done ,I would buy one today.Anyone know who is the largest distributor ?
Shipping ? Thanks

#3653 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I hope this game gets done ,I would buy one today.Anyone know who is the largest distributor ?
Shipping ? Thanks

You are like a child that wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...image.jpgimage.jpg

#3654 9 years ago

Sorry dude, couldn't resist.

Everything you need to know about buying can be found at www.dutchpinball.com if you are serious.

#3655 9 years ago

Did anyone see this in the "Show us Picks of Your Gameroom"? I'm assuming it's a photoshoped picture?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/72#post-2262072

How's this guy have one....???

#3656 9 years ago

Maybe one of the several prototypes they brought to the US.

#3657 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There's a difference?

yeah in english "by Q2" would refer to on or before 3/31 assuming calendar based quarters. During Q2 would be 4/1-6/30.

#3658 9 years ago

no but you seem to be.

#3659 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Did anyone see this in the "Show us Picks of Your Gameroom"? I'm assuming it's a photoshoped picture?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/72#post-2262072
How's this guy have one....???

TheNoTrashCougar is Scott, one of the DP guys.

#3660 9 years ago
Quoted from JDinNOVA:

Hi all. I started this thread 2 months ago. Thought it might be appropriate to be the 3600th post.
Got the same e mail as others offering my place back in line if I became current on the payments by March 1st. The only thing standing in the way of signing up again is concern that I might owe the tax man.

Huh, what do you owe me?

#3661 9 years ago
Quoted from Jarkko:

TheNoTrashCougar is Scott, one of the DP guys.

I thought he was the character on the translite for swords of fury.

#3662 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

no but you seem to be.

I see a Pee Wee Herman argument happening here...

#3663 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

but i'll keep my pants on at the movies.

maybe

#3664 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

#3665 9 years ago

NSN is out check your email.

#3666 9 years ago

I built a prototype of a lit joint mod for TBL last night, couldn't resist seeing the idea happen after it was brought up.

It's really hard to photograph, the camera blows out the lit part to white, but if you look at the reflection that's a little closer to real life, it's actually a full on orange, with painted ash over it, looks movie-prop-quality realistic in person.

Right now I have a candle flicker LED in it, so it pulses and flickers. Scott has ideas for a custom control board that could do some fancier effects. Slow burn, or a pass setting where it would flare up every once in a while as people "hit it".

If there's interest we can make these a real mod, we're just having fun with it right now.

IMG_3535.JPGIMG_3535.JPG

#3667 9 years ago

Guys, please help me: It seems like the consensus on DP is they're pulling it together. I agree they've made positive steps lately:

-BoP 2.0 shipped
-Licensing finalized
-Accountant hired
-Some (all?) pending refunds processed

Definitely great forward momentum. But how does all this add up to financial stability? I could have missed something--I'm not following this closely anymore, but that's my primary concern before I send them the final 2 payments on TBL.

#3668 9 years ago

Honestly the only financial stuff with DP I think is "worrisome" is the whole Dutch company vs US company thing. And it seems they're getting that settled finally.

Remember, everything else we've seen from them is really professional. The prototypes at Expo for instance, they looked like production machines. Done without a pre-order dime.

That new video with the rug testing. That's something really thought through.

Jaap from what I hear is really strong on managing the factory production end of things.

I'm out, I have no money on the line. So I don't want to overstate anything. I think people have a right to feel nervous, DP has let people down a little, but I still believe there's a group of people dedicated to seeing this game happening, and they have the resources to pull it off.

#3669 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I built a prototype of a lit joint mod for TBL last night

Looks very realistic. Great work.

#3670 9 years ago

#3671 9 years ago

Omg a joint mod hahaha that is fn epic!!!!

#3672 9 years ago

maybe all this cool stuff could move to the other threads.. I feel that this thread being the primary TBL thread sorta is a downer (plus off topic for any remaining refund issues) am i wrong?

Can pick from many others here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/big-lebowski/forum

or start your own!

#3673 9 years ago

Yeah, I just posted the joint in here since this is where the idea spawned, wanted to give back.

But you're right, this is a silly thread for it all.

#3674 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, I just posted the joint in here since this is where the idea spawned, wanted to give back.
But you're right, this is a silly thread for it all.

You need to make this a tiny little roach clip like he uses in the tub. dude-bathtub.pngdude-bathtub.png

#3675 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I built a prototype of a lit joint mod for TBL last night,

Hah! Fantastic!!

#3676 9 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

Guys, please help me: It seems like the consensus on DP is they're pulling it together. I agree they've made positive steps lately:
-BoP 2.0 shipped
-Licensing finalized
-Accountant hired
-Some (all?) pending refunds processed
Definitely great forward momentum. But how does all this add up to financial stability? I could have missed something--I'm not following this closely anymore, but that's my primary concern before I send them the final 2 payments on TBL.

I'm more than confident in DP.
They have had their ups and downs, but now people who wanted refunds have got them and things are back on track. I'm paying my final installment when I get paid end of the month.
That's how confident I am.

#3677 9 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

But how does all this add up to financial stability? I could have missed something--

Yup you missed that those that wanted refunds got them. That is about as good an indicator as you can have.
For me its that plus meeting the team. Once I thought about their vision and drive and met them, I knew even if there were obstacles they would be overcome.

At some point you have to decide if you want to back it or not.

#3678 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I built a prototype of a lit joint mod for TBL last night, couldn't resist seeing the idea happen after it was brought up.

That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Great job!

But what was even cooler was seeing you were doing the same thing that I am doing: TAXES!!! Ha.
Mike in Kentucky

#3679 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Great job!
But what was even cooler was seeing you were doing the same thing that I am doing: TAXES!!! Ha.
Mike in Kentucky

Taxes, enough to drive a man to lighting a joint.

#3680 9 years ago

Thought I'd past the NSN here for the non-VIPs to see what's going on, athough I agree this thread is probably not the place...

Welcome to another New Shit Newsletter™, where new shit is coming to light on an ever increasing regularity!

In this newsletter we’re pleased to report that in parallel with preparing for the production of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball we are also testing the toys' durability... We want to make sure that the "Rug" will tie the game together for a long time, not just to keep you achievers happy, but to keep the achievements of your loins happy as future generations of achievers want to achieve (high scores).. It's very important, therefore, that the moving/rolling Rug Toy can take some peeing, er... pounding.

Here's a short movie of our setup to test the Rug Toy. The contraption shoots a pinball at the Rug with varying strengths, if a hit is too weak it does not register a hit, (which is exactly what it is desired to do in the game). They got us working in shifts on this!

One of the things we've concluded so far is that the rug needs to be a bit heavier for a better 'Newton effect' and to have better friction with the playfield so it rolls smoother.

It all started with a rug…

We’ve also been searching high and low for a supplier that offers the best quality for the Rug and we think we’ve found him! This is far from the most modestly priced rug available!

On the right in the photos above you see the rugs that we have used until today for shows. On the left you see the rug that you will receive. Needless to say: It will really tie the room together!!

Well sir, it's this rug I have...

The early VIPs orders (before October 20, 2014) include a free rug and a chrome upgrade.

We have received many requests for rugs and chrome and we want to give all pre-order VIP's the opportunity to upgrade with these add-ons. The way to do this is easy: go to your personal page and just check the tick box when you make your next payment (or just this one). The price of the rug and chrome upgrade is $500.

(if you have more than one order, please locate the links in the order conformation emails, or contact us, so we can send you the links)

Catch up with your payments.

You are one of our VIP's. One of a group that stayed with us, also during some difficult weeks, and we want to thank you very much for your support! As you know from a previous newsletter, we will be rewarding you with a numbered ‘little achiever’ plaque.

We understand that some of you waited with submitting the last payment because of the commotion. Now that we've straightened everything out, there’s no reason to stay behind anymore. We will give you some time for this, so if you want to stay in line, please make sure your payments are up to schedule before March 1, 2015. We hope this gives you time enough to secure your spot in line.

We look forward to continuing to improve the game and to keeping you updated on the progress as we make it! We are dedicated to delivering to you a game that you will get the maximum amount of enjoyment from for the maximum amount of time!

Team Dutch Pinball

Rug.jpgRug.jpg

#3681 9 years ago

You may want to remove the link to your personal game pre ordee account , unless you're trying to get someone to pay your last payment for you

#3682 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You may want to remove the link to your personal game pre ordee account , unless you're trying to get someone to pay your last payment for you

Well spotted, didn't notice that was in there... thanks for the heads up! Mind you, I guess the worst that can happen is that someone pays my final payment for me, as you rightly pointed out!

#3683 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's really hard to photograph, the camera blows out the lit part to white, but if you look at the reflection that's a little closer to real life, it's actually a full on orange, with painted ash over it, looks movie-prop-quality realistic in person.
Right now I have a candle flicker LED in it, so it pulses and flickers. Scott has ideas for a custom control board that could do some fancier effects. Slow burn, or a pass setting where it would flare up every once in a while as people "hit it".
If there's interest we can make these a real mod, we're just having fun with it right now.

» YouTube video

IMG_3535.JPG 195 KB

Mod of the Year (tied with the Metallica Hammer).

#3684 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

» YouTube video
IMG_3535.JPG 195 KB

Great initial work Aurich - this is well on the way to just what I was picturing! Especially love the varying glow! A few refinements - dim the intensity down a bit, add some more ash, a little more body to the joint, and route the wire through the bottom so that it can be concealed through a drilled hole in the White Russian "table top" - and there you go. I see one with the tip extending over the plunger lane next to the White Russian on my game.

Looking forward to the final product - please put me down for one in the meantime!

#3685 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

dim the intensity down a bit, add some more ash, a little more body to the joint, and route the wire through the bottom so that it can be concealed through a drilled hole in the White Russian "table top" - and there you go.

Body seems to be OK to me, the Dude didn't seem to like fat joints... maybe a roach in the end...

#3686 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Body seems to be OK to me, the Dude didn't seem to like fat joints... maybe a roach in the end...

You're right. A roach with a clip would probably be more "Dudelike" as well as true to the movie.

Perhaps offer two different options for sale?

#3687 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Great initial work Aurich - this is well on the way to just what I was picturing! Especially love the varying glow! A few refinements - dim the intensity down a bit, add some more ash, a little more body to the joint, and route the wire through the bottom so that it can be concealed through a drilled hole in the White Russian "table top" - and there you go. I see one with the tip extending over the plunger lane next to the White Russian on my game.
Looking forward to the final product - please put me down for one in the meantime!

Scott has one of the proto TBL machines, so we'll figure out how the wire will be routed.

The intensity and ash look way better in person, the photo just doesn't do it justice. Blows out like it's white hot, but in person it's a lovely solid orange, with bits of black flecks looking like cooled ash on the outside. But that's something we'd nail with the board that powers it, since it will do different fade effects to the cherry.

This was just a test build to see if the concept worked, and I can't stop flicking it on to look at it, came out better than I would have even hoped. Wish I could take a pic that did it justice, I'll work on figuring that out.

In the meantime here's a quick photo of what it looks like off, you can't see the LED at all. Paint job was just a quickie too, the brown isn't quite right, I just used some leather dye I had handy from my Metallica hammers.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3688 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Scott has one of the proto TBL machines, so we'll figure out how the wire will be routed.
The intensity and ash look way better in person, the photo just doesn't do it justice. Blows out like it's white hot, but in person it's a lovely solid orange, with bits of black flecks looking like cooled ash on the outside. But that's something we'd nail with the board that powers it, since it will do different fade effects to the cherry.
This was just a test build to see if the concept worked, and I can't stop flicking it on to look at it, came out better than I would have even hoped. Wish I could take a pic that did it justice, I'll work on figuring that out.
In the meantime here's a quick photo of what it looks like off, you can't see the LED at all. Paint job was just a quickie too, the brown isn't quite right, I just used some leather dye I had handy from my Metallica hammers.

image.jpg 132 KB

Impressive for an initial test J. This is going to be a great mod. Thanks for jumping on this and making it happen!

#3689 9 years ago

The mod will be ready just in time for the machine! Sweet!!

#3690 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

n the meantime here's a quick photo of what it looks like off, you can't see the LED at all. Paint job was just a quickie too, the brown isn't quite right, I just used some leather dye I had handy from my Metallica hammers.

The brown looks pretty good to me... maybe would be improved if there were also some brown streaks further away from the tip along the body...? The ash effect is freakin perfect!

I'm sure a cut-off toe (with green varnish of course) would also fit nicely somewhere in the game... you could sell them as a twin pack mod

There's so much material to work from for this game...

Maude flying across the playfield on a zip-wire with her arms falpping around would also be cool, but obviously in the realms of fantasy...

#3691 9 years ago

The brown looks pretty good to me... maybe would be improved if there were also some brown streaks further away from the tip along the body...?

Sounds like this might require some research.

#3692 9 years ago

Exhibit A:

J.jpgJ.jpg
#3693 9 years ago

Being dutch ofcourse extra proud that DP is back on track. Hope to pay them soon a factory visit

#3694 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hope to pay them soon a factory visit

POIDH

#3695 9 years ago

Exhibit A:

J.jpg 4 KB

Yeah, what I really need is a properly thinned paint instead of leather dye, that will let me build up a few layers, so I can feather it out as it travels further from the cherry.

I'll mess with it more, but no real rush, no one has machines to install them on, and Scott needs to time to mess with the fade circuit. I'm satisfied that it can be done to a level of realism that will match up to the white russian on the playfield, and that's what really counts.

#3696 9 years ago

in a couple of states, this machine SCREAMS for a "redemption mod"...

#3697 9 years ago

I know the roots of this thread are a kind of sore point in recent history of this game, but this thread does seem to have become the go-to place for most things TBL... so maybe the op could simply edit the title to 'The TBL thread'

#3698 9 years ago

Not a bad idea....

#3699 9 years ago

Or the op asks to close it to force move of topics

#3700 9 years ago

The ash effect is freakin perfect!
I'm sure a cut-off toe (with green varnish of course) would also fit nicely somewhere in the game... you could sell them as a twin pack mod

I vote for roach clip, am interested in a toe and if you add the Jackie Treehorn napkin doodle, it would make a great 3-pack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.