Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 77.
#3601 4 years ago

Hi all. I started this thread 2 months ago. Thought it might be appropriate to be the 3600th post.

Got the same e mail as others offering my place back in line if I became current on the payments by March 1st. The only thing standing in the way of signing up again is concern that I might owe the tax man.

#3602 4 years ago

Stopped at the store for research supplies.

image.jpg

#3603 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Yeah, whatever.
You and I both know that I was referring to your comment, since edited, that said "Barry's weekend ride:" followed by the photo of a WWII airship with a swastika on the side. Not cool.
Nevertheless, thank you for editing the post and removing the photo.

But the funny Hitler videos are still ok right???

#3604 4 years ago

It's funny to watch stoners take up 366 Terabytes of bandwidth on a game that more than likely will never see the light of day.

Post edited by moderator: No need for a post like this which only is trolling to stir the pot.

#3605 4 years ago

Wtf is your problem.. I can find posts over a year old where you hate the whole idea of this machine. And for some reason feel need to repeat yourself over and over.

#3606 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Wtf is your problem.. I can find posts over a year old where you hate the whole idea of this machine. And for some reason feel need to repeat yourself over and over.

No, this time I used the word "stoner." So...much different post.

#3607 4 years ago

Sad man

#3608 4 years ago

Bottom Line ? Are they going to build this game ?
I'd like one but my pre order days are over.

#3609 4 years ago

The game will be built. I am confident they will start shipping Q2 as promised.

#3610 4 years ago

Not a chance in hell will this game be shipping by Q2. Promise or no promise.

#3611 4 years ago

I should have stated "in Q 2" . I stand by my correction.

#3612 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Sorry to break the bad news for ya, but the big freeze is coming in Q2.

hell-freezes-over.jpg

#3613 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Bottom Line ? Are they going to build this game ?

Now that's it clear that all the fuss and fear created in this thread is unfounded (i.e. they are not in financial ruin, as some prophesized) then why would there be any reason to doubt that the game will get built? I predict another NSN with updates of progress in the next few days...

#3614 4 years ago

Every pinball company have some delays and I am sure all those who have pre-ordered TBL is aware of that. Even Stern, the big oiled machinery that has everything set up and have all the other advantages with no early pre-order policy etc. have plenty of delays, if you order a game that is not already in distributors stock that is.

I have ordered 3 nib Stern games in my short pinball lifetime and they have all been 2-5 months delayed from the promised delivery date when I ordered them. And that is for games that was already on the assembly line at the time. (Metallica, Star Trek and AC/DC

#3615 4 years ago

I hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting a manufacturing delay. They spent nearly two months on damage control from Philgate. I'm certain they multitask-ed during this time but that's a lot of energy that could have been redirected elsewhere.

Any reasonable delay is understandable and I'll roll with it. The bad news is, it will be happy days again for those seeking DP's failure.

#3616 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Every pinball company have some delays and I am sure all those who have pre-ordered TBL is aware of that. Even Stern, the big oiled machinery that has everything set up and have all the other advantages with no early pre-order policy etc. have plenty of delays, if you order a game that is not already in distributors stock that is.
I have ordered 3 nib Stern games in my short pinball lifetime and they have all been 2-5 months delayed from the promised delivery date when I ordered them. And that is for games that was already on the assembly line at the time. (Metallica, Star Trek and AC/DC

I suggest finding a new distributor.

#3617 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting a manufacturing delay. They spent nearly two months on damage control from Philgate. I'm certain they multitask-ed during this time but that's a lot of energy that could have been redirected elsewhere.
Any reasonable delay is understandable and I'll roll with it. The bad news is, it will be happy days again for those seeking DP's failure.

I agree that there will possibly be some delays, however it is much more acceptable for people to withstand production delays than financial failure. I'm fone with production taking what it takes as long as it does not turn into a jpop situation.

#3618 4 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Sorry to break the bad news for ya, but the big freeze is coming in Q2.

hell-freezes-over.jpg 20 KB

You guys honestly think that these will actually be shipping in 4 months?

#3619 4 years ago

I do think the contract manufacturing changes the game some from JPop, Skitb, JJP, Heighway etc. Like with MMR ; they will need to have all their parts loaded, people trained,etc.. Maybe make a couple production prototype, then it will go flat out until the initial run is done. The contract manufacturer will then move on to their next customer. So also like with MMR, there may be unexpected delays getting started but at least not some slow trickle of games for a year like WOZ either.

#3620 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I certainly dont but would be happy being surprised. based on others success so far fall would be nice.

#3621 4 years ago

I'm not sure I could contain my smugness if TBL ships before TH. It is terribly unlikely, i admit, but given some of the trolling lately here .. Man that would be awesome

#3622 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

That was never claimed since its been scheduled to start production in April.

#3623 4 years ago

Q2 goes through June, genius.

#3624 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I do think the contract manufacturing changes the game some from JPop, Skitb, JJP, Heighway etc. Like with MMR ; they will need to have all their parts loaded, people trained,etc.. Maybe make a couple production prototype, then it will go flat out until the initial run is done. The contract manufacturer will then move on to their next customer. So also like with MMR, there may be unexpected delays getting started but at least not some slow trickle of games for a year like WOZ either.

Contract manufacturing definitely changes things, but it also means they have to have all parts in hand for at least an initial batch of games before production will begin. Then they would preferably re-supply the next batch of parts before the first batch is complete. A contract manufacturer won't want to start building machines and then have the entire production line go idle or have work-in-process moved off the production line and into storage while awaiting re-supply, because overhead costs are burning every day, whether the production line is active or idle, and somebody has to absorb that cost, either the manufacturer or the buyer. (Stern didn't start production of MMR for PPS/CGC on schedule for this very reason.) This places a premium on timely parts delivery, which requires designs to be complete, purchase orders to be placed, initial payments to be made (if required), and vendors to be cooperative. Suffice it to say that a lot of detailed advance work is required when you use contract manufacturing that isn't necessarily required if you build the machines in your own facility.

#3625 4 years ago

And to me, all that footwork you have to do for CM ahead of getting a single unit produced is a good thing for a new business. It forces you to have your shit together before you start vs .. whatever happened with WOZ.

Not that this won't have it's own sources of delays like you say.. but I would argue the grand sum of delays will be shorter than hobbling along without a clue what you don't even know yet till it bites you later... that's more I think the problem with the other boutiques that are having huge, unending delays.. they really didn't treat the manufacturing end seriously (which, is just as hard/harder than getting a flipping whitewood)

#3626 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's funny to watch stoners take up 366 Terabytes of bandwidth on a game that more than likely will never see the light of day.

Return of the human paraquat!

#3627 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think Barry is on a mission to silence all the critics since Philgate, so yeah my guess he wants to prove the world wrong. In the end we will find out who the pinball amateurs really are

#3628 4 years ago

Actually when it comes to getting games off the line I think the man on the mission you need to look to is Jaap.

#3629 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

But the funny Hitler videos are still ok right???

You can't seriously compare 'funny Hitler videos', to making some sort of connotation that a living person, who is by all accounts a very reasonable guy, is in some way connected to the Nazi ethic??? Surely you can see how these two things are at the opposite end of the spectrum! One takes the piss out of the biggest murdering tyrant the planet has ever known, and the other suggests that someone alive is connected to the principles of the dictatorship he created... so yes, the funny Hitler videos are still OK

#3630 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Return of the human paraquat!

Shocking coming from someone in Colorado. Paraquat kills weeds including marijuana. I'll take it as a compliment.

#3631 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Shocking coming from someone in Colorado. Paraquat kills weeds including marijuana. I'll take it as a compliment.

Have you ever seen The Big Lebowski?

#3632 4 years ago

Yes. But, I don't memorize every line like most of the people in this thread probably do.

#3633 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Genius. I'm already thinking of how I could make that. Joint is easy, it's getting the cherry to glow right that would be the work.

Spent an hour looking for my 1979 high school yearbook. Our service club was permitted to make and enter a float for the half-time parade at homecoming football game. Since we were playing against the Indians, our float was painted "Toke the Injuns" across all four sides. The design consisted of a ten foot doobie made of paper mache, that was tilted up on one end, painted glowing red and had a source of smoke. The amount of smoke was adjustable by the guy standing at the other end (along with some hot chicks) all dressed in indian garb. He stood on a step at the other end of platform with his mouth near the opening as if he were inhaling.

Oh and the way we were able to pull off our slogan on the float was that we initially painted it to read "Smoke" instead of "Toke" and "Indians" instead of Injuns (which was considered racist by some and poor sportsmanship by others). Right before taking the field, we painted over it. So with paint still dripping, the float was on its way.

This guy was crazy and loved to smoke weed, so as he entered the oval track, he cranked the smoke to high and kept it there for the entire lap around field. I need to preface this by saying that night was damp and there was an unusual fog hanging over the field all game. We were warned by Administration to go easy on the smoke.....hehe. As the float left the track and pulled away from the stadium, there was nothing to see but a thick, thick fog. Took about twenty minutes to clear the air. Sorry no pics but this stood out in my memories.

#3634 4 years ago

Eggbert is not a golfer.

#3635 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yes. But, I don't memorize every line like most of the people in this thread probably do.

Well I've heard marijuana use can lead to short term memory loss, so maybe you should try watching it straight next time.

#3637 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I certainly dont but would be happy being surprised. based on others success so far fall would be nice.

I keep thinking back to the mysterious announcement in Chicago 2013, followed a year later by three playable machines at the same show. They obviously had a butt load of work already accomplished before announcing. These guys know how to prepare. We'll see.

#3638 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Well I've heard marijuana use can lead to short term memory loss, so maybe you should try watching it straight next time.

I think it's fairly obvious I'm anti marijuana.

#3639 4 years ago

Then get out of the Lebowski Thread...

#3640 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Shocking coming from someone in Colorado.

Whats the problem? Is Colorado hurting Florida's drug smuggling operations?

#3641 4 years ago

I'm also anti marijuana. Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaahhhaaaahaha no, I'm kidding, but seriously good luck with that, guy!

#3642 4 years ago

I'm starting to think that Scott and I aren't going to sell one of our TBL glowing joint mods to eggbert52.

#3643 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm starting to think that Scott and I aren't going to sell one of our TBL glowing joint mods to eggbert52.

Send em up this way!

Alaska-Marijuana.jpg

#3644 4 years ago

Go easy on Eggbert. He may have a very good reason to be anti-marijuana... maybe his brother died of munchies or something tragic like that.

#3645 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Q2 goes through June, genius.

No shit, you said by Q2, not during Q2.

#3646 4 years ago

Whoa - I forgot who eggbert was! Man, he must be really upset that this is no longer a dream!

Why would he even show up in another of these threads?

Where do all these Debbie downers come from?

#3647 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

No shit, you said by Q2, not during Q2.

There's a difference?

#3648 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I keep thinking back to the mysterious announcement in Chicago 2013, followed a year later by three playable machines at the same show. They obviously had a butt load of work already accomplished before announcing. These guys know how to prepare. We'll see.

They only have to get one out the door by June 30th to make good on the date. It could happen!

#3650 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

They only have to get one out the door by June 30th to make good on the date. It could happen!

Nate's shipping prediction is 1 TBL, 2 Alien and then 3 Pred.

Go to 29:30

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-137-wrestling-with-trudeau-or-wonderful-wifi-10_40011

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 3.70
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 50.00
$ 28.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Special When Lit
$ 39.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 16.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside