Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 77.
#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Dudes, you got rid of the pot leaf and pistol.... I'm out. Not going to pay for a mod to put it in after dropping 85hundo, parts of the movie I enjoyed.

Universal got rid of the pot leaf and gun, DP had to follow their orders.

Maybe you should suggest they come out with a Kid Cannabis themed pin.

#3552 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dear Lee Buck,
Sir, I write you with the utmost urgency to inform you of a most wonderful opportunity. Your great uncle Buck has sadly passed away, and left the sum total of his vast fortune to the first Buck to claim it.
Unfortunately his money is all tied up in Nigerian Twinkies futures, and so to free the sum of 6 million dollars we will need a paltry amount of money to liquidate, surely no more than $20,000.
Please to be replying to this email with your bank account number, SWIFT code, bank name, and address so we can bring you this blessed money.
Your friend always,
Mr. Goldfinger

Hi Aurich

I have to correct you
My friend Lee buck is a good guy
And his details are accurate
Please be nice to him
Thank you

#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Hi Aurich
I have to correct you
Please be nice to him
Thank you

Lee_Buck_Top_Sales.jpgLee-Buck-jax-beach.jpg

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Barry's weekend ride:

image.jpg 12 KB

Dude, lay off the Nazi shit, OK? No matter how mad you may be at Barry, *NO ONE*... and especially a Dutchman... deserves having a swastika thrown in their face. It is highly offensive, so please just stop.

#3555 4 years ago

Soup nazi not nazi

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

He's also a gynecologist? Damn!
image.jpg

#3557 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Soup nazi not nazi

Yeah, whatever.

You and I both know that I was referring to your comment, since edited, that said "Barry's weekend ride:" followed by the photo of a WWII airship with a swastika on the side. Not cool.

Nevertheless, thank you for editing the post and removing the photo.

#3558 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Hi Aurich
I have to correct you
Please be nice to him
Thank you

I was just messing around with all the talk of wiring money and the kind of spam I get every day, all in good humor.

Ultimately this is about DP guys, no reason to turn on each other. My wish is for everyone to get the game if they want one. If you're out then hey, that works too. It's what I did, I sure ain't judging!

And even if they're being petty that doesn't make them nazis, so let's keep this in perspective.

#3559 4 years ago

DP is a new company and sure they messed
Up how they handled all this
But I get mad when there is so much bashing
On these guys and make fun of people.

People should seriously think what words
Mean to other people and how much pain
It causes.

#3560 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I requested a refund and planned to refuse it once they offered it. It was a test and completely warranted in my view, although would have been better to do nothing like you said. But understand that DP resents people for requesting a refund. They are holding a grudge. I caught them before my refund wen through and told them to forget the refund and they told me to forget TBL. That's right, no soup for you!! They had my money all year and now I'm not good enough. It's kind of funny in a way. NO SOUP FOR YOU. BACK OF THE LINE INFIDEL. I think the machine is going to be awesome. I really do. How else do you justify the utter arrogance that DP exhibits at every turn?

The only excuse for DP would be if you add insulting comments when asking for a refund.
Otherwise...

#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dear Lee Buck,
Sir, I write you with the utmost urgency to inform you of a most wonderful opportunity. Your great uncle Buck has sadly passed away, and left the sum total of his vast fortune to the first Buck to claim it.
Unfortunately his money is all tied up in Nigerian Twinkies futures, and so to free the sum of 6 million dollars we will need a paltry amount of money to liquidate, surely no more than $20,000.
Please to be replying to this email with your bank account number, SWIFT code, bank name, and address so we can bring you this blessed money.
Your friend always,
Mr. Goldfinger

That sounds like an amazing deal, yeah, I did loose touch with my uncle, sounds like he did good... Let me know where to send the money and we can take this further... Thanks for finding the time to track me down!

#3562 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

The only excuse for DP would be if you add insulting comments when asking for a refund.
Otherwise...

Exactly and DP is well within their rights to refuse to deal with anyone that's been abusive.

No shirt, no shoes, no service.

#3563 4 years ago

It's always in the business owners rights to refuse service, then again it's equally in the right of potential customers to interprit those actions as a bit if grandiose self entitlement and decide to just wait till the machines hit the aftermarket.

But frankly, it's not like we know what happened (completely) or what the Dutch guys are thinking so it's a hard one to call. What is interesting is that everyone that defends DP justifies their decision to tell customers to take a hike by saying "well you did post some comments on pinside" wtf?

So in this scenario DP comes to a 3rd party site, reads through nearly a hundred pages, see's customers are pissed but make no effort to reach those customers and calm them down but then keep note of who they are and when those people decide they feel like the company is safe enough they'd like to continue business with them (which isn't that the ultimate form of compliment, like, hey you screwed up but your doing ok now, I trust you again) their response is to say "nope take a hike" and somehow people are ok with that? That's the scenario people are ok with? Again we don't know what happened here at all beyond a few people's side of the story but I'm not exactly sure why anyone would try and justify those actions. At the most if your pro DP you should just say, "sorry to hear that. You should work that out with Barry. If you can't then at least you got your money back.

#3564 4 years ago

I am one of the ones who got all my money back without asking for it (what this thread is about)

I went on this thread right away wondering what was going on. Barry reached out to me at once and explained the situation (even though he was in New York busy as hell)

I decided then and there not to keep the fire burning by posting stuff in this thread(even though I was a bit uncertain about the situation) and instead communicated directly with Barry. I told him about my hesitation putting all my money back right away and he was a totally cool guy about it. In fact he recommended that I wait a bit until things got back in order. From there, every time I have had a question he has responded promptly back to me and he has never pushed me to get back in

Others might have had a different experience but I have had nothing but positive dealings with Dutch Pinball so far.

Everything that has been a concern here in this thread has been taken care of.

Those who wanted their money back is getting their money back.
They hired Roger Sharpe to deal with the last licence problems.
They have gotten 2 new (from what I can gather) solid guys to take care of DP USA and ended the Phil Account

All this in a little over a month from a small new Pinball company. Not too shabby, if you ask me.

I decided that it is time to show DP some support and just got back in on the pre-order. (ps! I did not have all the money right away. Barry was cool about that also and we worked out a solution effortlessly)

Sorry for being a happy camper and ruining this thread for some of you, but I felt it needed another perception. (Not from the Dutch folks who have been positive all along but from one that was first skeptical if this company could get back on their feet after the Phil business)

#3565 4 years ago

Thanks, that's the sort of thing I like to hear. (It's been rare here) it makes for a more informed decision on judging a company for future dealings

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

What is interesting is that everyone that defends DP justifies their decision to tell customers to take a hike by saying "well you did post some comments on pinside" wtf?

I don't see it that way at all. In my view its a select few that were most probably abusive in private emails and phone calls. You try to reason with every customer but there are some that can never be satisfied no matter how hard you bend.

#3567 4 years ago

True, that's why I mentioned that we were only sharing one side of the story. That's why it's nice to see some customers post here about their experiance (positive) and see that they had good communication with Barry. Keeping tabs on this project poor communication has been a running theme at times. So hearing that it may be either blown out of proportion or simply just that less positive responses get posted is nice to see. Otherwise it's hard to know much about the comoany (unless you've met them and or done business with them yet)

#3568 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't see it that way at all. In my view its a select few that were most probably abusive in private emails and phone calls.

This is exactly what I think is the reason for the take a hike attitude.

Quoted from karl:

I am one of the ones who got all my money back without asking for it (what this thread is about)
I went on this thread right away wondering what was going on. Barry reached out to me at once and explained the situation (even though he was in New York busy as hell)
I decided then and there not to keep the fire burning by posting stuff in this thread(even though I was a bit uncertain about the situation) and instead communicated directly with Barry. I told him about my hesitation putting all my money back right away and he was a totally cool guy about it. In fact he recommended that I wait a bit until things got back in order. From there, every time I have had a question he has responded promptly back to me and he has never pushed me to get back in
Others might have had a different experience but I have had nothing but positive dealings with Dutch Pinball so far.
Everything that has been a concern here in this thread has been taken care of.
Those who wanted their money back is getting their money back.
They hired Roger Sharpe to deal with the last licence problems.
They have gotten 2 new (from what I can gather) solid guys to take care of DP USA and ended the Phil Account
All this in a little over a month from a small new Pinball company. Not too shabby, if you ask me.
I decided that it is time to show DP some support and just got back in on the pre-order. (ps! I did not have all the money right away. Barry was cool about that also and we worked out a solution effortlessly)

I was also an auto refunder and Barry has always answered my emails quickly! He was helpful and always had a friendly attitude. I have to assume some very heated emails were sent to Barry to justify the no sale attitude that a few have experienced.

#3569 4 years ago

All I know is the forced to take a refund group should keep their plight out of the other pre-order threads

#3570 4 years ago

I'd love to know what their waiting list is like!

#3571 4 years ago

part of "being in business" is that you have to deal with the customers who aren't blowing sunshine up your ass...

i wish i could just say "no, you are a pita, go away"...

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

part of "being in business" is that you have to deal with the customers who aren't blowing sunshine up your ass...

You also can't give a company a morality pass just because they're making something you want.

#3573 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Last post excluding more soup nazi pix
How is it valid that I go to the back of the line???? I cancelled my refund request before they refunded me. They said we are refunding you anyway. They had my money all this time. I was one of the very first to preorder. Why should I lose anything? They kept my cash all this time and kicked me out simply because they couldn't take any criticism, which they still can't take and refuse to admit they did anything wrong or less than optimal.

You went on record with them as to wanting out. now that that is happening you say never mind, since you think they are OK. you wanted to have it both ways, I don't trust you so give me my money back, wait you have the money, then never mind. I'd kick you out too.

#3574 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Dude, lay off the Nazi shit, OK? No matter how mad you may be at Barry, *NO ONE*... and especially a Dutchman... deserves having a swastika thrown in their face. It is highly offensive, so please just stop.

don't go getting offended for someone else.

#3575 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

you can, there are consequences (bad PR), but you can. Some of this may be USA vs rest of world.. "Customer is Always Right" may be more ingrained in us than other places. There are such a thing as bad customers , it's a fact. And not accusing people here necessarily. And in this case, the people asked for a refund.. so it's not like they flat out refused service outright*

*Reminder: I still think they should of worked out a "Back in by March 1" plan like they did for the autorefunders; not outright defending what went down.; just that it's their business to run like they want.

#3576 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

you wanted to have it both ways

Sometimes you CAN have your Kate and Edith too...

kate edith.jpg
#3577 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

You also can't give a company a morality pass just because they're making something you want.

Spot on. It's funny to watch one guy bag on a preorder he's not in on the call someonelse out in a thread for a preorder they are in on. I can't figure it out. On both sides. The blind allegiance or the unfounded animosity. People are fucking crazy. Flat out crazy.

#3578 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

you can, there are consequences (bad PR), but you can. Some of this may be USA vs rest of world.. "Customer is Always Right" may be more ingrained in us than other places. There are such a thing as bad customers , it's a fact. And not accusing people here necessarily. And in this case, the people asked for a refund.. so it's not like they flat out refused service outright*
*Reminder: I still think they should of worked out a "Back in by March 1" plan like they did for the autorefunders; not outright defending what went down.; just that it's their business to run like they want.

i have clients who are "difficult", and they are not "always right" (nor do i treat them that way)...

i do not simply tell these clients to "go away"... i deal with them... again, it is part of running a business...

the "running a business" part is where ALL of the startups fail...

#3579 4 years ago

I think from what I'm hearing that there was a misunderstanding, which is good, because I just couldn't fathom DP acting this way.

Here's the way I see it though: everyone has a right to an opinion, whether you're in or out on something. I was in, then dropped out before this whole mess. That doesn't give me any more or less right to thoughts.

There's no reason to be attacking each other though.

My only concern is this: is DP acting in a way that would make me not want to support them as a company? If not on this game then a future one. That's valid for anyone to think about. It seems like the answer is no, which is good, and hopefully they'll clear the air. And that's fine and all I need.

Otherwise I'm just hoping they produce awesome games for people to enjoy.

#3580 4 years ago

I don't want to get into the arguments for and against how DP is apparently "treating" some clients. I own and operate, at a distance, Resort Hotels and there are instances you need, in business, to turn away customers. If they effect existing or potential new customers, this is a good reason as they have the ability to reduce your bottom line more than increase it. I have nothing but good to say about how I was personally treated By DP when I did my own home work and decided to keep my money in. In no way was I pushed and Barry allowed me the time to decide if I wanted the refund or not. He acted absolutely professionally and I must agree, they have cleaned this up in a timely manner. I don't think anyone can fully comprehend what all was needed to be done, but by speaking with Barry directly, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Well done DP

#3581 4 years ago

I don't think anyone cares anymore, but for the record Barry did reach out and let me know that he miscommunicated inadvertently, and that I was still welcome to buy the game should I care to. Which...I don't care to. But he's laid off the no soup thing.

#3582 4 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

I don't think anyone cares anymore

I care! How people treat my friends matters to me at least.

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

I don't think anyone cares anymore, but for the record Barry did reach out and let me know that he miscommunicated inadvertently, and that I was still welcome to buy the game should I care to. Which...I don't care to. But he's laid off the no soup thing.

You wanted a refund prior to the whole mess anyway right? I never felt you were complaining about wanting a game only that you wanted a refund.

#3584 4 years ago

My take on DP forcing refunds on people who requested them is a bit of an echo of comments already made: maybe there were specific people who were not particularly pleasant to DP when asking for the refund.... Clearly DP wanted to give these people a refund, since they are now demonstrating this by adamantly doing so... so the allegations that DP were 'refusing' to issue refunds and basically behaving like ass-holes was, I imagine, pissing DP off (it would certainly piss me off if I was being attacked for not issuing refunds if my hands were tied at that moment). We now know that it was not a 'refusal' to give refunds, but an inability! I imagine that these 'aggravating' people, who were also probably fueling the fire of fear on Pinside, are simply no longer welcome as customers of DP... I can understand their ethical take on the situation... I mean, imagine this... you have something to sell... a potential buyer tells you you're an ass-hole for several weeks on a public forum, and then at the end says: OK, can I buy what you're selling? My reaction would be to give them the middle finger... I would feel like I'm selling out to my personal integrity if I continued to deal with them to be honest...

I can imagine that other people who were more understanding and sympathetic and merely requesting a refund out of fear (the victims of the fueled fire if you like) would be more welcome as customers... Has anyone here NOT made threatening requests for a refund (but a request non-the-less) and been offered the place in line?

Just my 2 cents-worth...

#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

*cough* Predator, *cough* Alien....

Happens EVERYDAY in pinball....

Common Sense goes right out the damn window if someone thinks their "grail theme" is getting made...

#3586 4 years ago

I feel you on Predator, but Heighway hasn't done anything yet to earn needing a pass IMHO. Maybe a little behind schedule, but that's pretty much to be expected from anyone trying to guess ahead of time how smoothly something will go, and they've been doing solid updates on progress.

#3587 4 years ago

TBL.jpg
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#3589 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

My take on DP forcing refunds on people who requested them is a bit of an echo of comments already made: maybe there were specific people who were not particularly pleasant to DP when asking for the refund.... Clearly DP wanted to give these people a refund, since they are now demonstrating this by adamantly doing so... so the allegations that DP were 'refusing' to issue refunds and basically behaving like ass-holes was, I imagine, pissing DP off (it would certainly piss me off if I was being attacked for not issuing refunds if my hands were tied at that moment). We now know that it was not a 'refusal' to give refunds, but an inability! I imagine that these 'aggravating' people, who were also probably fueling the fire of fear on Pinside, are simply no longer welcome as customers of DP... I can understand their ethical take on the situation... I mean, imagine this... you have something to sell... a potential buyer tells you you're an ass-hole for several weeks on a public forum, and then at the end says: OK, can I buy what you're selling? My reaction would be to give them the middle finger... I would feel like I'm selling out to my personal integrity if I continued to deal with them to be honest...
I can imagine that other people who were more understanding and sympathetic and merely requesting a refund out of fear (the victims of the fueled fire if you like) would be more welcome as customers... Has anyone here NOT made threatening requests for a refund (but a request non-the-less) and been offered the place in line?
Just my 2 cents-worth...

Well... That's about spot on!

I do think too if you were requesting a refund in silence after Phil-gate started (meaning without publicly throwing shit around without knowing what's going on for a fact) I know with certainty Barry would give you a warm welcome to come back again!

#3590 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

you got rid of the pot leaf and pistol.... I'm out. Not going to pay for a mod to put it in after dropping 85hundo, parts of the movie I enjoyed.

I've seen TBL about 5 times and don't remember seeing a pot leaf in it... I'll pay more attention next time!

#3591 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I've seen TBL about 5 times and don't remember seeing a pot leaf in it... I'll pay more attention next time!

There is none of that evil devil weed in this fine movie sir!

Feb_GreatMomentsInGrooming_BigLebowski_480x340.jpgJeffBridges_TBL.jpg

#3592 4 years ago

'Slave has a point; ya see a lotta doobies in Lebowski but you don't ever see the five point leaf. I think it's lame to pull the leaf but it's obvious why they had to...too many narcs at Uni!

#3593 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There is none of that evil devil weed in this fine movie sir!

There's also the scene where he's in bed with Maude

Joints, yes... pot leaves, I don't think so... I'm probably being a bit pedantic, but if they wanted to represent marijuana in the artwork, a joint would have been a better choice to link it to the film...

#3594 4 years ago

While marijuana is a notable element in the movie, the elimination of the pot leaf doesn't really bother me as it can be represented in other, and I think better, ways.

I'm envisioning a lit doobie mod - with a faintly glowing (LED) tip - perched on the right plastic next to the White Russian.

#3595 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm envisioning a lit doobie mod - with a faintly glowing (LED) tip - perched on the right plastic next to the White Russian.

Genius. I'm already thinking of how I could make that. Joint is easy, it's getting the cherry to glow right that would be the work.

#3596 4 years ago

Freaking genius !!

#3597 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

image.jpg

#3598 4 years ago

Consider a smoldering doobie mod for TBL taken care of, Scott and I are already plotting.

#3599 4 years ago

Wondering how easy mods are gonna be? Like with proc and python and all that would it be easy to write sort of a plugin function where they could allow you to subscribe to a game event to launch a spinning Uzi only for "ringer" mode

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Consider a smoldering doobie mod for TBL taken care of, Scott and I are already plotting.

The pop caps from a game I have (IO Moon) have a nice 'doobie' tip glow to them, although that would be one FAT f*ing doobie!... an incandescent bulb would be most appropriate I'd suggest... here's the IO Moon pop cap:

Glowing rock pop.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
$ 14.95
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.95
$ 11.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
Project Pinball Charity
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside