Topic Stats

• 3,821 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 240 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

did i miss it.gif
image.jpg
2015 LFLA Poster.jpg
J.jpg
image.jpg
Rug.jpg
dude-bathtub.png
IMG_3535.JPG
image.jpg
tumblr_n5b3mkHQ3s1rx3q30o1_500.gif
Alaska-Marijuana.jpg
hell-freezes-over.jpg
image.jpg
Glowing rock pop.jpg
image.jpg
JeffBridges_TBL.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 77.
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

From a business standpoint it makes sense to try and direct traffic and your message to your own site, but if you do so you really need to be able to communicate effectively. A smarter oprion would've been to post up a few photos and simply say, for more photos and notes on my trip please refer to our forum thread. but again it's really all about how you relay your message, you could be ghandi and if your preaching your wisdom with an attitude it'll go nowhere

Driving people to your site is fine, I just don't see the need for exclusivity. On his site you have to register and I for one am not up for that. If I wanted to I could read Pinside without registering and that is great.
In marketing you want your message in front of as many potential customers as possible. Drive me to your site with great product, great service, great prices, but when your pumping out info shout it out from the mountain tops. I'm sure there are many lurkers who come here for their pinball info and it seems like a great way to pitch to a captive audience.

#3352 4 years ago

Yeah it's great to see how well pinball has thrived around the world. It's funny because I asked my buddies in Japan about it and they said its not as popular there, though they mentioned a guy that has a serious collection that's pretty decent (but several hours away). It's kind weird because I would think that pinball would be huge there with Japan's fascination with toys and mechanics.

One of my friends is a former IFPA champion in Japan, and we discuss the local pinball scene occasionally. Pinball is definitely undergoing a renaissance in Japan. Check out the Silver Ball Planet in Osaka.

http://www.pinballnews.com/sites/silverballplanet/index.html
https://www.facebook.com/silverballplanet

#3353 4 years ago

Remember, they don't call Rick "Mr. Personality" for nothing. He has earned that name and renews it with almost every communication.
Personally, I would give a threatening email from him the popular Howard Stern response: "Fcuk youuuu, take me to court".

#3354 4 years ago

Rasorbak thanks for that info and links, I'm gonna shared with my buddies. I may end up going out for a toy convention out there and to hang out with some fi new there so it would be fun to take them to a few places and show them games I love (they went to a few arcades in SF when they came out before).

And aurich, sorry to hear your continued issues with mr. Personality lol...

Re: TBL, I do like that they made the change to mark it zero, the little details are nice and really tie the theme together

#3355 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Pinball is definitely undergoing a renaissance in Japan.

That could possibly mean a future manufacturer coming out Asia somewhere. Interesting.

#3356 4 years ago

And aurich, sorry to hear your continued issues with mr. Personality lol...

Not gonna keep me up at night. I'll just tell people what's happening and let it be on his head. I won't be bullied. I couple people think I'm being a dick for defying him I guess, but somehow I'll live with that too.

It doesn't seem to matter how many times it turns into a clusterf---, time after time these pinball businesses try and shut their customers out. And all it generates is grief.

If you want to work in silence then don't take any money from people. Once you start taking cash you owe them. No one in on TBL deserves to be in the dark. It's amazingly easy to just be honest. Pinheads are a fickle bunch, but you talk to us, tell us what's up, and we're also amazingly patient.

It's when you try to be all secretive and hide shit that you get pummeled. Don't like it? Pay for your projects yourself instead of chasing crowd funding.

#3357 4 years ago

Y ah, I tuink Asia could be a really great opportunity for growth. They have several popular themes that would translate well to pinball I think

#3358 4 years ago

Y ah, I tuink Asia could be a really great opportunity for growth. They have several popular themes that would translate well to pinball I think

I'd like to see one of the Japanese redemption game teams make a pin. Could be the most over the top machine ever built.

I've always assumed pinball wasn't big in Japan because the machines are just so huge. Most people don't have the kind of space needed to collect them.

#3359 4 years ago

"My take is simple: If you're happy to be hear when people are lining up to stuff cash in your pockets then you should be happy to be here for those people later when they have questions."

Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

It's clear some people in pinball are so dumb they just can't stop stepping on their own dicks.

I guess that's why they call him Rick the Dick.

Count me in the group that will never buy from PPS. Maybe after the fact, 3rd party, but I doubt it

With DP, at least they finally provided a good update based on what everybody suspected.

The CPA should be able to get the $$$ issue straightened out asap, like yesterday, and get people refunds that want one

Still, if they don't do a MUCH better job of communicating in the future I'm crossing them off my support list too

#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you want a contrasting style of going toe to toe with Pinside, read the MMR thread. Rick from Planetary will answers a concern and it only creates more questions and criticism no matter what he says. Much of it from non owners involving themselves just like in this thread.

Quoted from Aurich:

It's really not that complicated. I sell things on Pinside, and I don't get into huge fights with people. Spooky sells games on Pinside, no drama. Laseriffic, Hooked, etc etc.
It just takes a little communication and understanding. The drama happens when you hide things, you don't keep your word, you go silent.
Rick's his own worst enemy. I'm still getting pissed off emails from him over posting his MMr photos. Accusing me of committing a crime etc.
Think about that for a moment. Someone who was happy to sell Pinsiders $8,000 games is freaking out that pictures he took of them being made are available to those same people. That's how petty this is.
Somehow I'm not shocked that someone with that kind of personality has drama on a forum.
My take is simple: If you're happy to be hear when people are lining up to stuff cash in your pockets then you should be happy to be here for those people later when they have questions.
Rick, Kevin, Barry, whoever.

Quoted from Aurich:

I simply cannot explain it. Here is Rick, finally at his freaking moment of triumph. All the delays and doubts and bullshit, and he has photos of Medieval F-ing Madness remakes on the line, and he's furious that someone posted them where all his customers (and potential customers) could see them.
Then after he seems to wise up and let it go days later he starts emailing me again, and tried to call me.

Quoted from iceman44:

Count me in the group that will never buy from PPS. Maybe after the fact, 3rd party, but I doubt it

Hopefully, Dutch Pinball doesn't take public relations cues from Rick at PPS, because Rick is his own worst enemy when it comes to PR. Only Rick could snatch defeat from the jaws of a PR victory like fresh MMRs rolling off the production line at Stern!

Rick freely uses Pinside when he wants to hawk new wares or selectively release good news, but he retreats to his controlled, private forum (the "bunker") when he has bad news, wants to limit it's reach, or wants to scrub and delete follow-up comments. I suspect in his own mind, it makes sense, but the reality is, the very existence of a controlled, private forum for public relations is a problem, and that's why it receives little traffic, despite Rick's continual efforts to drive people there, yet the Pinside grapevine, which Rick cannot control, thrives.

-----
The Law of Information Flow: "Information, like electricity, WILL flow, and it will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance."
-----

Question: Does Spooky Pinball have a controlled, private forum?
Answer: No, because they don't NEED one.

Rick's PR problems are easily fixable:

1] Engage with the community.
2] Treat people with respect (actual customers, potential customers, lurkers, and critics).
3] Be open and honest.
4] Under-promise and over-deliver.
5] Apologize when you make a mistake or let people down.
6] Listen to feedback.
7] Try to improve.
8] Make customers happy.
9] Lather, rinse, repeat.

Personally, I'd like to think that Dutch Pinball will be a little more proactive than PPS in the future, and follow the simple guidelines above to build a positive, healthy communication style going forward.

Instead of asking "What would Rick at PPS do?", they should instead be asking "What would Charlie at Spooky Pinball do?"

I truly believe that would bode well for the long-term health of Dutch Pinball.

#3361 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Hopefully, Dutch Pinball doesn't take public relations cues from Rick at PPS, because Rick is his own worst enemy when it comes to PR. Only Rick could snatch defeat from the jaws of a PR victory like fresh MMRs rolling off the production line at Stern!
Rick freely uses Pinside when he wants to hawk new wares or selectively release good news, but he retreats to his controlled, private forum (the "bunker") when he has bad news, wants to limit it's reach, or wants to scrub and delete follow-up comments. I suspect in his own mind, it makes sense, but the reality is, the very existence of a controlled, private forum for public relations is a problem, and that's why it receives little traffic, despite Rick's continual efforts to drive people there, yet the Pinside grapevine, which Rick cannot control, thrives.
-----
The Law of Information Flow: "Information, like electricity, WILL flow, and it will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance."
-----
Question: Does Spooky Pinball have a controlled, private forum?
Answer: No, because they don't NEED one.
Rick's PR problems are easily fixable:
1] Engage with the community.
2] Treat people with respect (actual customers, potential customers, lurkers, and critics).
3] Be open and honest.
4] Under-promise and over-deliver.
5] Apologize when you make a mistake or let people down.
6] Listen to feedback.
7] Try to improve.
8] Make customers happy.
9] Lather, rinse, repeat.
Personally, I'd like to think that Dutch Pinball will be a little more proactive than PPS in the future, and follow the simple guidelines above to build a positive, healthy communication style going forward.
Instead of asking "What would Rick at PPS do?", they should instead be asking "What would Charlie at Spooky Pinball do?"
I truly believe that would bode well for the long-term health of Dutch Pinball.

Classic example of a CONtrol freak.

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I've been contacted by a couple people today about Folger's cans.

Can't wait for first posts showing leds added.

#3363 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

The French also have their fair share of pin-heads... for some reason the French seem to gravitate towards Gottliebs...

Excellent joke! Er... no.
Or this is an alternative France. Stargate is considered a good game in France, but the other GTB...
(well, Gottlieb made great EMs).

As in any other country, you have the WMS/Bally fans vs recent Sterns fans.

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I simply cannot explain it. Here is Rick, finally at his freaking moment of triumph. All the delays and doubts and bullshit, and he has photos of Medieval F-ing Madness remakes on the line, and he's furious that someone posted them where all his customers (and potential customers) could see them.
Then after he seems to wise up and let it go days later he starts emailing me again, and tried to call me.

I've seen Rick shoot himself in the foot on the PR front many times over the last year, but continuing to send you hostile emails after announcing on the forum that he's over the photo reposting thing just seems nuts. I wonder if Stern does contract PR work in addition to manufacturing ...

But back on topic, DP having a dedicated PR person makes good sense, and I hope the last couple months of gaffes lead them (and their customers) to a better place communications-wise.

#3365 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

Driving people to your site is fine, I just don't see the need for exclusivity. On his site you have to register and I for one am not up for that. If I wanted to I could read Pinside without registering and that is great.
In marketing you want your message in front of as many potential customers as possible. Drive me to your site with great product, great service, great prices, but when your pumping out info shout it out from the mountain tops. I'm sure there are many lurkers who come here for their pinball info and it seems like a great way to pitch to a captive audience.

you registered here dumbass, whats the difference? ricks a dick who cares, you dont have to deal with him personally.

Post edited by moderator: Further name calling and personal attacks will result in a thread ban.

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

you registered here dumbass, whats the difference? ricks a dick who cares, you dont have to deal with him personally.

Difference is I don't have to register to read Pinside like I said. Pinside isn't collecting emails to spam people with future sales. No need for name calling.

#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballpete:

Difference is I don't have to register to read Pinside like I said. Pinside isn't collecting emails to spam people with future sales. No need for name calling.

There was a reason, I felt like you deserved it for your bad reasoning. Your issue was registering, which you choose to here, so you could have there. I've never gotten any email from PPS for marketing, has anyone?

#3368 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

There was a reason, I felt like you deserved it for your bad reasoning

So name calling is justified so long as you deem the persons reasoning bad? So what derogatory name shall we call you? In all seriousness, your abrasive quips and tough guy posting makes most of your valid points get negated. Lighten up man.

#3369 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So name calling is justified so long as you deem the persons reasoning bad? So what derogatory name shall we call you? In all seriousness, your abrasive quips and tough guy posting makes most of your valid points get negated. Lighten up man.

The poster you are referring to should be ignored.

#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Yes, it's justified. It's just words. Call me whatever the hell you want, I'm not bothered by it.

#3371 4 years ago

Folks, please tone it down and keep this about the original topic. Let's keep this train on the rails.

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Excellent joke! Er... no.
Or this is an alternative France. Stargate is considered a good game in France, but the other GTB...
(well, Gottlieb made great EMs).

As in any other country, you have the WMS/Bally fans vs recent Sterns fans.

I was going by the collectors I know in France, there's a clear leaning towards Gottliebs, especially system 80/80A and system 1... one of the biggest Gottlieb system 80/80A/1 collectors in the world is French (JR Carr), he has every single game except Knock Out (which I think there was just one made). Also you have Pascal Janin who's the world leader in replacement System1 and system 80/80A CPUs... and he's French... so I wasn't joking Yes, there are clearly also a lot of fans of other games too, but generally there's a leaning towards Gottliebs compared to other European countries from my experience...

#3374 4 years ago

Assuming this game gets made in quantity and is proven to be reliable along with some prototype earnings reports; I'll bet either Brady or Betson buys a bunch and distributes them to route ops. The game looks like it will be a monster earner at street and arcade locations.

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Yes, it's justified. It's just words. Call me whatever the hell you want, I'm not bothered by it.

Typical passive aggressive anonymous internet bullshit. Some people have a need to bully others, beat their wife, demean their kids, etc. They live their lives this way.

Back on topic: the NSN was good and Im hopeful the games will be produced and be awesome. I'd love for the next NSN to give us some idea of the programming ideas they have for it.

#3376 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I've seen Rick shoot himself in the foot on the PR front many times over the last year, but continuing to send you hostile emails after announcing on the forum that he's over the photo reposting thing just seems nuts.

Except had Aurich not made that existence of those emails public, everyone may have believed his public statements that he had changed course on the pics.

Matches my experiences exactly - say one thing in public (that seems reasonable) and another thing in private (that doesn't) and then try to make the person involved look like the bad guy or loon.

The poster who classified it as the actions of a control freak was dead on.

I'm very sorry Aurich got two-faced demands from Rick, but sadly not surprised.

#3377 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

WMS/Bally fans

hell yeah!!!!!

Quoted from MrBally:The game looks like it will be a monster earner at street and arcade locations.

I thought so too,and so did my op buddies.

#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Typical passive aggressive anonymous internet bullshit. Some people have a need to bully others, beat their wife, demean their kids, etc. They live their lives this way.
Back on topic: the NSN was good and Im hopeful the games will be produced and be awesome. I'd love for the next NSN to give us some idea of the programming ideas they have for it.

not passive aggressive at all. I'm actively willing to call out hypocrisy and stupidity.

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

#3381 4 years ago

Stay-on-topic.jpg

#3382 4 years ago

We've got a problem here...

porkins.gif

#3383 4 years ago

That's just like, your opinion man.

1 week later
#3384 4 years ago

10 weeks and counting on refunds..........

#3385 4 years ago

7 weeks until production starts !

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

10 weeks and counting on refunds..........

undude.jpg

#3387 4 years ago

Alright, here's a real update:

I just got my refund processed. Money is in my paypal and my dealings with Dutch Pinball are concluded.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting for your refund, but at least you can have some hope now that yours will actually come through.

For those of you waiting for the machine, I hope you get them and I hope they are awesome.

Drained.

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Alright, here's a real update:
I just got my refund processed. Money is in my paypal and my dealings with Dutch Pinball are concluded.
Best of luck to all of you still waiting for your refund, but at least you can have some hope now that yours will actually come through.
For those of you waiting for the machine, I hope you get them and I hope they are awesome.
Drained.

Good to hear your $$$ is back. Shame it went down the way it did.

#3389 4 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

I dunno...I requested my refund prior to all of this hullabaloo. And nothing. So to say that DP's problems are exclusive to this thread seems a touch short sighted.

Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Don what's your plan for prioritizing deposit refunds? Squeakiest wheel, or are you going in some particular order?

Hopefully your refund request has been processed, too.

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

As a matter of fact it is.

#3391 4 years ago

Hey, some positive news. Glad to see it. Hopefully DP can just focus on building a great game, and shipping them, and people who got out can decide if they want to buy still after they're real.

#3392 4 years ago

Burningman refunds being processed is a hugely positive step! Now we need a solid update from DP with info on DP USA and how future payments will be handled, production updates, ect ect

#3393 4 years ago

Great to hear this hurdle has been taken...

- To quote a very wise man: "Nothing is fucked here, Dude!".

#3394 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, some positive news. Glad to see it. Hopefully DP can just focus on building a great game, and shipping them, and people who got out can decide if they want to buy still after they're real.

Yes, and I am sure they will sell well once they are available for immediate shipping assuming the game turns out to be a winner.

#3395 4 years ago

Awesome!! Now we move forward !!

#3396 4 years ago

I don't like playing the "I heard..." game but I will to keep some positive vibes moving forward.

There is supposed to be more updates coming possibly this Friday, but by Monday from DP. I can only guess it is related to the money and the refunds and money due as I was not told directly what all it might be related to. Hopefully other positive news about final licensing and production of the game!

Hell maybe the code is done and they'll start shipping within the month.....one can dream anyway.

#3397 4 years ago

glad to see refunds moving now.. Can get back to cool updates and excitement over this game

There's still prob some hard work to be done by the CPA to straighten out who's paid up / who wants refund, and all the in betweens(people who didn't pay Jan payment or got auto refunded and have held the money but want back in,etc). Hopefully there's some about that in the next update to finally close this chapter.

Cool things they could do in the updates from here on out:
- maybe release a full game flyer ?
- software.. Maybe some teaser vids of some of the real modes (sounds, call outs, etc all going)
- pics of production prototypes
- pics of my game on the line

#3398 4 years ago

In the new spirit of all things forgiven, this "coffee liqueur" poster may just find a place in my game room near my Big Lebowski:

kahlua-white-russian-poster.png

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I did in fact hear from Barry, yes. Trying to work something out currently

#3400 4 years ago

Anyone else who got their refund waiting till they are told they will lose their rug/chrome/price deal if they don't pay by a certain date? I am still in but not really wanting to put my money back in till we get some solid information.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 24.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3821 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 77.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside